Internet Television / Video Streaming/Best Streaming equipment and companies

Question
I currently pay over $200 per moth with extended cable but No pay channels like sports packages or HBO, etc. 3 televisions. 2 with converter boxes and only one HD DVR. I need to dramitically reduce my monthly cost while maintaining the capacity to watch my favorite shows when I want regardless of their original airtime. What streaming equipment and programs do you recommend? Least expensive AND Best bang for your buck

Answer
Hi Lisa

Here is my setup, and it works well for me.

Equipment:
Apple TV
Roku
My TV also has internet connectivity and apps, but I don't use these, because the user interfaces are mostly horrible.

Services:
Netflix - $9.99 per month; movies, TV shows, original series
Hulu Plus - $7.99 per month; mostly TV shows, and mostly current season
Amazon Prime - $99 per year; movies, original series
iTunes - Price varies; purchase individual movies and TV series

I have also been researching Chromecast, which allows you to stream anything from a phone to your TV, but I haven't pulled the trigger on this one yet.

The biggest gap I've experienced is news and live sports. I'm not a sports person, so that doesn't matter to me. I have read that this is getting better though. News is still an issue, but CNN does have a 24-hour live stream, as long as you have a friend who's willing to share their password. It's only available to those who subscribe to CNN on cable, which makes no sense to me.

That is my setup. I hope that helps.

Tedd

Internet Television / Video Streaming

Tedd Adams