Interracial Relationships/does he have a crush or does he have a gf

Question
theres this guy I like at my job,im new there well since ive been there he been nothing but xtra nice to me, he'll ask me how my day is going,always smiling at me...he'lol wait for me to get off work if we get off at the same time and ride the elevetor with me....he makes small chit chst when he can...he holds the door open for me....he'll sit back in his seat and watch me if im working in his area and tilt his head back and smile.....

two days ago he rode the elevetor and asked me what am I going to do when I get paid and when do we get paid (mind u he's been there for a few months) I just started..... yesterday he stood in the doorway and looked at me, like he wanted to say something to me but he didnt..... I really like him...and I dunno if hes being nice cuz im new, if hes the company snitch and is nosey, or does he really have a crush on me...we are the same age, im the office assistant and he is an engineer......

well he came back to work today and made sure he let me know he was there, cuz I sure as hell wasnt paying attention, he came up behind me with this big azz smile on his face and was like what you workin on....and tried to help me out.....oh he bought something from my family members fundraiser and I gave him a thank you note and it had a clownhat on a coffeemug with a smiley face on it....and I assume he read it, cuz a few minutes after that, I was talkin to a fellow male co-worker and ol boy passed by me and gave me a dirty look ....jealous maybe?
ive been hurt in the past...and I aint tryna get hurt again.....help me thanks

im african american and he is irish....my family isnt too fond of that but i dont care...i really like him, and from his actions i think he likes me but i want a second opionion... do you think he'll ever admit it...if he does have one regardless if we work together or not

... today 10/18/2013 he was like the boss is gonna give u more work, watch, i told him to shut up...then he comes around again and repeated himself, and i in turn said i dont like you, and dude put his head down and his face was just so saddened by what i said, cuz he said to me i know, with this hurt look in his face and he didnt even look at me, i just giggled and walked away.....and before he went home he smiled at me and put both hand up with slightly curled fingers waving bye....and i said bye.....why did he do that, and why wont he just ask me out instead of consistantly flirting....i understand we work together, but that doesnt mean we cant make it work. i do like him alot, ...."

"well i went out on a limb today and sent him a note ( i just handed it to him, with my head down and he was like whats this i just shook my head and he was like ok, and then left....well im assmuing he read it cuz he didnt walk past me at all for the rest of the day....the note stated, hey i know we work together and i really do like you and i want to get to know you outside of work, so if you are interested call me, and i left my number.... he didnt stop at my desk like he normally does nor did he pass by me after i gave him that note early this afternonn..... i notcied he did go to the bosses office for a min and i was in the hallway and he looked back at me with no facial expression .....

Answer
Sounds like dude likes you, but has a funny way of showing it. Be cautious about the family having issues with race and ethnicities. You don't want to date someone who's family isnt going to make me feel welcome. I would watch his body language if hes got a girlfriend he wont be super friendly he would keep it casual. Plus he would mention his gf a lot. Him giving you dirty looks is a sign he likes you. Maybe ask him to go for coffee with you and keep it casual and gradually move towards a date. Keep me posted on what happens :-)  

Interracial Relationships

Nafeesah