Interspecies Conflict/Saltwater Crocodile vs Green Anaconda

Phanton Hinds wrote at 2009-03-11 00:33:35
The saltwater crocodile wins because obviously it is more massive and has powerful jaws. A 16 foot saltwater crocodile can weigh 1700 pounds while a 16 foot anaconda usually weighs 200 pounds. Although in terms of largest reported size for the two species the anaconda wins with the largest anaconda reported being 150 feet long an weighing 5 tons while the largest saltie reported measured 33 feet and weighed 3 tons. In real life the largest saltie measures 27 feet and weighs 2 tons while the largest anaconda reaches 30 feet and weighs 550 pounds. So the saltie wins

Dave Howe wrote at 2010-02-04 11:21:32
I have no doubt that what Fady is saying is completely correct I to am an expert in interspecies conflict ( dave howe) and if the anaconda were to constrict around the crocodiles jaw then the crocodile is as good as dead :) although I am not saying the crocodile wouldnt stand a chance of winning  

Anton Hinds wrote at 2010-03-24 22:17:19
The answer to this question is straight obvious. Listen a saltwater crocodile 16 feet long will weigh around 600-1000 pounds while an anaconda 16 feet will weigh around 100+pounds. So a green anaconda 25 feet long will weigh 500 pounds although a 23 feet saltwater crocodile will exceed weights of 2,200-3,000 pounds or 1.5 ton. The crocodile has the weight advantage plus like the anaconda it can function in both water and land. A crocodile has it's tail,jaws,death roll,weight, and armor on it's side while an anaconda can only hope to either squeeze it too death around the crocodile's neck or drown it by getting it to tire out enough that it has to return to the surface quickly before it drowns.

Nobonbon wrote at 2016-05-03 09:41:37
Anacondas do not bite, they are constrictors and swallow their prey whole.

Interspecies Conflict

Fady D. Isho

I can answer questions relating to species interaction, as well as hypothetical faceoffs. Questions relating to hypothetical interaction can be answered as well, including other aspects of interspecies conflict.

To date, I'm still finishing up high school. Although, I've had experience with animals both in and outside of the field. I've also read about animals (wild) most of my life.