Interspecies Conflict/Jaguar Vs Grizzly bear

big cat zoologist wrote at 2012-01-31 18:44:08
It would be a good fight a brown bear is roughly 1 1/2 times the size but the jaguar is the strongest of all the big cats pound for pound. It is common said that if a lion were to get in a fight with a jaguar the jaguar would win. And to top it all off the jaguar has the second strongest jaws of all land animals with a jaw pressure of 2000 to 2200 pounds per square inch, compared to a brown bear with a jaw pressure of only 700 pounds per square inch. It would be a hard fight but with the jaguars speed, strength, dexterity, jaw pressure, and with its arsonal of deadly claws. The ods would be about 50/50

And another fun fact if a jaguar were to strike you with its paw even with its claws retracted would be the equivalent of getting a 50 pound concrete block getting thrown at you. Simply put. Getting a full on hit to the face could easily snap you neck and kill you

Wolf Man wrote at 2014-10-27 05:36:47
So is the bears thick fur and fat give them more protection from a jaguar bit than that of a crocodile wich jaguars eat on the regular bases.A7

Interspecies Conflict

Fady D. Isho