Interspecies Conflict/Mammal-Like predators vs Mammal Predators

Jay wrote at 2011-04-27 21:12:11
Lycaenops is not related to turtles.  It is a small Gorgonopsid that roamed the plains of the Late Permian.  It also most likely was nible and did not have heavy armor.

An Adorable Kitten wrote at 2014-08-20 23:40:54
To add to the second answer-Gorgonopsid vs smilodon-it more or less depended on what species of Gorgonopsid it was.

Inostrancevia, being the largest of the Gorgonopsids, would've had the best chance. It was very, quite possible that Inostrncevia would've killed Smilodon.

Plus, though Smilodon's sabre teeth were longer, they were more brittle. The gorgonopsid's on the other hand were short but much stronger.

Gorgonopsid also would've had leathery skin, making it that much harder for Smilodon to get through.

And, finally, which Smilodon are we talking about?

Interspecies Conflict

Fady D. Isho