Interspecies Conflict/Molosser combat

Christine wrote at 2010-02-11 01:42:17
I think there was a misunderstanding in the Answer to the OP's question.  The OP asked about a "Staffordshire Terrier".  This is the nickname of the "American Staffordshire Terrier".  Another nickname is the "AmStaff".

This breed is *not* the same as the much smaller "Staffordshire Bull Terrier" (aka "Staffy Bull").  As you may have noticed the former does not have the word "Bull" in its title.

I think the expert accidentally confused these 2 dog breeds.  The answer erroneously said that ""staffordshire terrier [weighs a] maximum of around 35 to 40lbs"".  This is not true.  It *is* true of the Staffordshire Bull Terrier because the AKC breed standard is between 24 pounds to 38 pounds.  However, the Staffordshire Terrier gets almost as big (although not as big) as an APBT.  The following link describes the American Staffordshire Terrier (i.e., Staffordshire Terrier) as getting as big as 67 pounds:

monkiwrench wrote at 2016-02-16 10:53:21
i have yet to see a pit bull beat an american akita..and it will smash a bull dog..what are you talking about?..we dont gotta read somebodies book... in the see for your self and i have seen an american akita fight to pits at the same time and 1 died bruh!  

Interspecies Conflict

I can answer questions about mammalian predators such as big cats, bears, and wild canids. I can also answer questions guard dog breeds. I can also answer questions about some reptiles such as crocodiles, alligators, and snakes. I can't answer questions about insects, amphibians, or dinosaurs.

I have been studying wild animals since the age of four years old, I have read numerous books and watch countless documentaries. I also have a collection of books on domestic dogs.

I graduated with a degree in biology.