Interspecies Conflict/who would win?

Tianyu75 wrote at 2009-09-16 00:59:55
Hello,

I have to say that I disagree with the expert's answers for questions 4 and 8.According to wikipedia, the largest gaur ever recorded was over 2 tons, or about the size of an average rhino. Now, a pride of lions would basically never attack a rhino, because they wouldn't be able to harm it. So I don't see how a tiger, which is just a little bigger than a lion, can harm an animal of that size. Now for crocs, they rarely even attack regular sized buffalo, which are only half the size of the largest gaur, and they never attack rhinos. And that's when the croc is in the water where it's most powerful. Plus, on land a croc is clumsy and sluggish. Also for question number 5, I don't really know a lot about giraffes, but I don't seem to understand how a tiger can kill an animal 5 times its size.

Trish wrote at 2010-10-09 17:54:42
From Trish

Saltwater crocodile vs Giraffe/Gaur:Actually the crocodile is more than capable of tacking either animal in the water. In the water nether giraffe or gaur would have good manuvability and the crocodile would be able to drag either animal underwater.Now saltwater crocodiles and Nile Crocodiles actually do take pray this large saltwaters do take gaur some times and niles do take giraffes some times.(healthy adult Giraffes and Gaurs that is)

hippo vs saltwater crocodile:the hippo is the only land animal that stands a chance against a crocodilian species in the water.Because the hippo can swim goodley and also because of its size it would prevail usually but theres a 10 percent chance that a crocodilian could take one.

Tigar vs Gaur/Giraffe/Hippo/Saltwater Crocodil:The tigar could kill all of those animals mentoned.Tigars do pray on healthy adult gaur from time to time and a giraffe would be no exception.On land the tigar is more than capable of killing a saltwater crocodile because of its greater speed and good enough weponry to do so.With the hippo its possible because there were reports of bengal tigars killing indian rhinos and an average hippo is equal in size to an indian rhino but with out tough amur.  

Trish wrote at 2010-11-02 21:35:47
From Trish

Okay there is no way a bear is gonna defeat a Gaur easily. Bears are not really great at tackling very large herbivores. They dont even kill full grown moose usually and a gaur is way larger than a moose. Now whats weight of a full grown gaur? its in the size range of black rhinos males weighing 2700 lbs and femals 2300 lbs but some weighing up to 3000 lbs. And could a bear even one like the Kodiak bring down a full grown gaur ?  I wouldn't count on it. So in conclusion a kodiak is a very large and powerful bear i seriously don't it stands a chance against a bovine that in the size range of a rhino.

Trish wrote at 2010-12-08 11:45:08
From Trish

Okay I really gotta mention that im starting to question this experts knowledge with animals. Okay first this expert says a bear would defeat a gaur easily and then he says a bear would defeat a hippo. Okay averagely a Bull Hippo weighs 4000 lbs and a femal weighs 3500 lbs. Thats much larger than even the largest polar bears which are 2000 lbs at largest. Averagely of corse the polar bear is larger than the Kodiak Bear.  

kevin wrote at 2012-06-15 17:10:24
Hippos are very aggressive, and their mobility, size, weight would overcome the siberian tiger. The 4 large canines on a hippo along with its jaws can chomp the siberian tiger easily in half, even the biggest siberian tiger!

gary wrote at 2012-06-25 18:12:15
Gaur vs Giraffe?

Gaurs are not strong enough like rhinos to handle giraffe kicks, and their chargest are weak compared to a rhino. A clean kick of a giraffe can knock out a giraffe.

drake wrote at 2012-07-16 11:39:02
Hippo vs walrus: The hippo has two large tusks and a large heavy weight that would make it be able to defeat the walrus. Walruses are normally slow on land, and they are also not as powerful as well. Hippos dominate over large nile crocodiles on occasion.

Opinion wrote at 2013-03-25 06:39:25
Short answers

1. Crocodile, in water. On land, stalemate.

2. An adult hippo should win. Too dangerous and heavy for the tiger.

3. Brown bear should win.

4. Tiger, but only slightly.

5. Probably the giraffe.

6. Hippo. Too dangerous and large for the crocodile.

7. Crocodile, in water. Bear has a possible chance on land.

8. Gaur, on land. Crocodile should win in water.

9. Giraffe, on land. Crocodile, in deep waters.

10. Hippo, easily. The Brown bear would not do much to it.

11. Gaur. Just too powerful and big.

12. Giraffe. The Brown bear wont have an idea.

13. A hippo would easily win.

14. Probably the giraffe.

15. Both could win each other.

16. Slightly the gorilla.

17. As above.

18. Gorilla should win here.

19. Cheetah, if it could ambush.

20. Wolverine due to being better armed, more durable, and very aggressive.

21. As above.

22. Both could win.

23. Leopard wins here.

24. As above.

25. Leopard due to size and agility.

26. Walrus, in open waters. Hippo, in shallow waters.

27. As above.

28. Same as 26.

29. Same as 26.

30. Seal, in deep waters. Polar bear, in shallow waters.

31. As above, but easier for the bear.

32. Crocodile, in shallow water. Giant squid, in open waters.

33. Shark, in front on front confrontation. Squid in an ambush attack.  

Opinion wrote at 2013-03-25 06:39:41
Short answers

3. Brown bear should win.

4. Tiger, but only slightly.

5. Probably the giraffe.

11. Gaur. Just too powerful and big.

13. A hippo would easily win.

14. Probably the giraffe.

15. Both could win each other.

16. Slightly the gorilla.

17. As above.

18. Gorilla should win here.

19. Cheetah, if it could ambush.

21. As above.

22. Both could win.

23. Leopard wins here.

24. As above.

25. Leopard due to size and agility.

27. As above.

28. Same as 26.

29. Same as 26.

31. As above, but easier for the bear.

Gian wrote at 2013-10-18 18:03:36
From Gian

This goes out to the reader raging on Mr Silvas answers!Not to be mean or any thing but did you check your information before posting your comments?Okay first of all an adult Black Rhino typically weighs around 3'100 lbs but large specimens can reach more than 3 tons,while a gaur typically weighs 2'200 lbs,but can incroch 3'300 on a very unusaual basis. As for Brown bears,its actually not rare for them to bring down moose,it actually happens some times,and they have been known to bring down American Bison so i see no reason why they cant bring down a gaur.

Maybe you should be questioning your expertise on animals!  

Trish wrote at 2015-10-08 17:22:16
What are you studying is the question. I've read many books in the past and I could back up what I say. Firstly I know black rhinos weigh 2700 lbs because I've read accounts stating the weight of one. Also gaur are in the same weight range as black rhinos just look it up. also brown bears don't hunt moose on a regular basis they mostly eat fish. Also were have you read that brown bears could hunt bison?. Because I just don't buy that one. Respond if you like.  

Gian wrote at 2015-10-09 15:00:32
From Gian

If you say so!

Okay first of all what records are you reading that states that a black rhino typically weighs 2'700 lbs? What ever those records are they are wrong. Now if you wanna talk about reading records I've read thousands of records on the weight of rhinos before and most of them stated for a black rhino was 3'100 if were talking about males. Now where you got that gaur are in the same weight rang as black rhinos is far beyond me, because that could only be true if your talking about prehistoric times. Like I stated before adult gaur typically weigh 2'200 lbs and again I've read plenty of records stating that. As for brown bears I've read plenty of accounts of them killing healthy adult moose, and back in the 1950's there were plenty of cases were brown bears have killed bison (healthy adults that is).

I Don't mean to be rude but its funny to argue with somebody who doesn't know what they're talking about.  

Trish wrote at 2015-10-16 15:01:41
No I do know what I'm talking about. Now if you wanna talk about people not being experts look at your self and look at John Silva. Okay lets take John Silva for example when I asked him some questions and I mad some statements he said I was wrong. First I said snow leopards are one of the smallest cats in the world and he said there no small cats. Next I said the leopard is one of the fastest and deadliest predators of Africa and he said there not. Lastly I said that a wildebeest is a bovine and he said there not. I mean I don't know where you and him get your information from but all I could say is you guys are not experts. Please respond.  

Gian wrote at 2015-10-19 18:54:56
From Gian

You want me to respond? Believe me I'm wasting my time. But you know what I'll respond but this is going to be the last time. Okay to review what you said to John Silva. First you said that Snow Leopards are one of the smallest cats in the world- I'm sorry but I just don't understand your information, Snow Leopards weigh 121 lb if were talking about males and I don't know how you call that small. Secondly you said that leopards are one of the fastest and deadliest predators of Africa. The most deadliest predators are the lions, spotted hyenas, and crocodiles. And the fastest animal is the cheetah. The leopard is one of the most successful predators of Africa but its certainly not one of the deadliest. Lastly you said that a wildebeest is a bovine. Wildebeest are part of the subfamily Alcelaphinae. Bovines would be cape buffalo, water buffalo, bison, gaur, yak, domestic cattle, spiral horned and four horned antelops.

So I'm gonna say for the last time you are no expert and you shouldn't be questioning the knowledge of others especially someone like john silva who is a fantastic expert!

Interspecies Conflict

John Silva