Interspecies Conflict/Gustave the Crocodile v Hippo

forrealdog wrote at 2010-01-23 00:46:23
actually the adult hippo is safe from crocs out of fear alone.. The crocs give the hippo plenty of room at the water hole be it river or lake..I dont know where jonathon got his info but the only hippo in danger of croc attacks is very young hippos. The croc has but one weapon and that is his mouth .. the hippo is quite agile in the water and one bite is all the croc would ever get if he were brave enough to attack ....

Saad wrote at 2013-03-24 07:33:17
An average sized nile crocodile would be demolished by a full grown hippo in minutes. Its bite would not even hurt an inch out of the hippo's life. A 1 ton or larger nile crocodile could do it, but most likely in an ambush attack. It would take over 75 years for crocodiles to reach near 1 ton.

Interspecies Conflict

Daniel Moellic

I can answer a variety of questions on interspecies conflict including hypothetical questions. I can go into detail if necessary. I would also like to mention that I prefer questions on reptiles vs mammals or reptiles in general however my best topic is theropod dinosaurs. I have a good understanding of the physiology of most species but cannot answer questions on things such as bite force as statistics on these vary a lot.

I have studied animals both living and extinct since I was a child and was particularly fascinated by theropods and big cats. I am famous at college for knowing everything about various animals and how they behave.

I have an A* in biology (GCSE level)