Interspecies Conflict/Bears

jay wrote at 2012-11-18 04:02:07
At equal weights, it could go either way. But each at their normal size, the big brown and polar bears win.The only way a lion or tiger could win is if it snuck up on it and pounced on it,and the biting its neck, like siberian tigers do to brown bears, rarely.But when they are faced to face, the bear wins.Cats are to fenece, pardon my spelling,and bears can use their front legs far better, like grappling, hugging and clubbing, whereas cats can only slash, or swipe.They do have a lot of muscle, but they a more fragile build.

jay wrote at 2012-11-18 04:18:34
I'm sorry for saying your not an expert. You are, I just disagreed with some of that stuff. Pardon me if you will.I like most of your answers.

Interspecies Conflict

Jim Wilson

I can answer most questions relating to real or hypothetical situations. I have a better understanding of animal behavior and specifically predatory behavior and interspecies predatory relationships. Mammals is my field of expertise but I can do my best in answering questions regarding other animals. Small mammals are my favourite matchups. One or two prehistoric match-ups is OK, but please do not focus on them as they are outside my expertise.

Even before completing my degree I considered myself an expert in mammal behavior. Doing my degree only furthered my interest and knowledge in the subject. After uni I got the opportunity to spend 6 months in South Africa and Kenya where I spent nearly every day basically observing and studying the animals of the savanna.

BSc Degree in Zoology from the Melbourne University, Australia.