Interspecies Conflict/animal tournament

evan wrote at 2012-06-20 23:09:24
A komodo dragon can kill a hyena with its bite. The bite of a komodo dragon produces a venomous saliva which eventually kills its prey or enemies. The hyena can certainly avoid the komodo dragon with its fast speed, and give a komodo dragon a fatal, strong bite.

gary wrote at 2012-06-22 21:13:06
Hyena vs green anaconda?

A green anaconda of 20 ft in length or more would certainly kill a spotted hyena. It can simply sqeeze the hyena to death before the hyena can do anything. Leopards, tigers, and jaguars are sometimes killed by large boas.

drake wrote at 2012-07-19 07:02:04
Sun Bear vs Komodo dragon: Komodo dragons are relatively slow and lacks speed to being able to catch the sun bear with its venom jaws. The much aggressive sun bear would be able to stand on its hind legs and deliever nasty wounds on the komodo dragon.

Oase wrote at 2013-04-23 02:56:31
The komodo dragon has a super tail that would break the sun bear's leg, it could rip the hyena apart and it's thick skin would defend itself from any attacks

Interspecies Conflict

Jim Wilson

I can answer most questions relating to real or hypothetical situations. I have a better understanding of animal behavior and specifically predatory behavior and interspecies predatory relationships. Mammals is my field of expertise but I can do my best in answering questions regarding other animals. Small mammals are my favourite matchups. One or two prehistoric match-ups is OK, but please do not focus on them as they are outside my expertise.

Even before completing my degree I considered myself an expert in mammal behavior. Doing my degree only furthered my interest and knowledge in the subject. After uni I got the opportunity to spend 6 months in South Africa and Kenya where I spent nearly every day basically observing and studying the animals of the savanna.

BSc Degree in Zoology from the Melbourne University, Australia.