Interspecies Conflict/Beasty

Eurav wrote at 2013-01-17 06:27:28
No way a lone wolf is going to kill a cow. Cows are nearly ten times a big male wolf's weight, and it could stomp, crush, gore, or trample the wolf. There was a video of a pitbull and a cow, where the cow threw the pitbull and nearly injured it.

Your name or alias wrote at 2013-03-25 05:45:24
Im guessing the zebra wins because of size and hoofs. Zebras can be three times a wild pig's size. A single kick of the zebra can cause serious injuries on the wild pig before the pig could fight back.

I think the gorilla, but it could get scratched up pretty badily. A huge gorilla can weigh 600 pounds, which is more than twice the sumatran tiger's weight. It would take a larger tiger species to kill a gorilla this big.

For warthog vs spotted hyena, I think it is 50/50 chance for both.

The elephant would be too powerful and large for the hyenas.

Interspecies Conflict

Jim Wilson

I can answer most questions relating to real or hypothetical situations. I have a better understanding of animal behavior and specifically predatory behavior and interspecies predatory relationships. Mammals is my field of expertise but I can do my best in answering questions regarding other animals. Small mammals are my favourite matchups. One or two prehistoric match-ups is OK, but please do not focus on them as they are outside my expertise.

Even before completing my degree I considered myself an expert in mammal behavior. Doing my degree only furthered my interest and knowledge in the subject. After uni I got the opportunity to spend 6 months in South Africa and Kenya where I spent nearly every day basically observing and studying the animals of the savanna.

BSc Degree in Zoology from the Melbourne University, Australia.