Interspecies Conflict/inter predator hierarchy

Interested one wrote at 2014-03-30 13:19:10
I see you have not added any reptiles to this equation. I think large rock pythons and mike crocs should feature highly on this list. Particularly above the smaller species you have already. Anything below a leopard in size is food for a python, and a croc could take a lion one on one in the right environment. So I would have large nile crocs as number 2, and large rock python as number 4 or 5. Just my two pennies worth.  

Interspecies Conflict

Jim Wilson

I can answer most questions relating to real or hypothetical situations. I have a better understanding of animal behavior and specifically predatory behavior and interspecies predatory relationships. Mammals is my field of expertise but I can do my best in answering questions regarding other animals. Small mammals are my favourite matchups. One or two prehistoric match-ups is OK, but please do not focus on them as they are outside my expertise.

Even before completing my degree I considered myself an expert in mammal behavior. Doing my degree only furthered my interest and knowledge in the subject. After uni I got the opportunity to spend 6 months in South Africa and Kenya where I spent nearly every day basically observing and studying the animals of the savanna.

BSc Degree in Zoology from the Melbourne University, Australia.