Interspecies Conflict/Hello Jim

true facts wrote at 2013-01-03 22:22:28
Alligator vs Black bear

The alligator is much bigger than a black bear, and should win due to size, durability, and enomormous bite. Black bears arent really powerful animals, and an average 350 lb one would really struggle to flip over or control a 800 lb alligator over or target its skull. In water, the black bear would have no chance. The alligator can win on land as long as it doesnt tire out and gets a hold of the black bear.  

Interspecies Conflict

Jim Wilson

I can answer most questions relating to real or hypothetical situations. I have a better understanding of animal behavior and specifically predatory behavior and interspecies predatory relationships. Mammals is my field of expertise but I can do my best in answering questions regarding other animals. Small mammals are my favourite matchups. One or two prehistoric match-ups is OK, but please do not focus on them as they are outside my expertise.

Even before completing my degree I considered myself an expert in mammal behavior. Doing my degree only furthered my interest and knowledge in the subject. After uni I got the opportunity to spend 6 months in South Africa and Kenya where I spent nearly every day basically observing and studying the animals of the savanna.

BSc Degree in Zoology from the Melbourne University, Australia.