Interspecies Conflict/Tiger Vs Python

tomakint wrote at 2012-12-13 09:21:12
It is very unfortunate that the tiger (despite biting hard at the  python) failed to kill the constrictor, on a contrary view, I don't think the tiger is a young one considering the size, I think it is just an inexperienced one in 'killing pythons' if you google jaguar vs anaconda you will see something similar there but this time around the jaguar (being a better hunter and more experienced in killing anacondas) came out victorious!

Interspecies Conflict

Jim Wilson

I can answer most questions relating to real or hypothetical situations. I have a better understanding of animal behavior and specifically predatory behavior and interspecies predatory relationships. Mammals is my field of expertise but I can do my best in answering questions regarding other animals. Small mammals are my favourite matchups. One or two prehistoric match-ups is OK, but please do not focus on them as they are outside my expertise.

Even before completing my degree I considered myself an expert in mammal behavior. Doing my degree only furthered my interest and knowledge in the subject. After uni I got the opportunity to spend 6 months in South Africa and Kenya where I spent nearly every day basically observing and studying the animals of the savanna.

BSc Degree in Zoology from the Melbourne University, Australia.