Interspecies Conflict/Numerous conflicts.

kevin wrote at 2012-07-03 18:31:41
Grizzly Bear vs Lion: The Grizzly Bear is usually 800-1300 lbs, and is too large, well armed, and too strong for the lion to take on. Even if the grizzly bear weighs as much as the lion of 400 lbs, the grizzly bear can still win due to thick dense bone built and thick fur.

Black bear vs Lion: At equal weights of 400, the black bear would still be a lot stronger. Black bears are known to kill 16 ft american alligators on land, and lions struggle with hyenas. If the black bear weighs at least 500 lbs, then it would be a bit too much for the lion or tiger.

helper wrote at 2012-12-12 06:53:10
I dont necessarily agree.

Male lion vs Black bear: At their largest size, lions weigh 550 lbs as black bears weigh 770 or even 880 lbs. The black bear in that case would be too big for the lion to handle. A lion or a decent sized tiger however could handle the average black bear in a fight. A brown bear and even a polar bear has the strength, size, and power to destroy a lion or any big cat. At similar sizes, I wont say a black bear would win over a lion or a tiger. They simply lack the raw strength to deal with them, and black bears arent effectively powerful as brown bears. A black bear would need to get a 100 or 120 lb weight advantage to get a fair fight with a lion or a tiger. They are said to get easily intimidated.  

helper wrote at 2012-12-12 06:57:31
I dont think any grizzly bear would actually lose to a full grown male lion, even a small adult male. To see the anatomy of a grizzly bear, it is a heavily built bear, is very durable, is powerfully armed, and has a stronger bite. Grizzly bears and brown bears are excellent fighters for a bear. They will attack without any cause. Grizzly bears also have very strong muscular forelimbs, far more than the black bear. No lion could stand a chance with a grizzly bear's fearsome paw swipes.  

additional answerer wrote at 2012-12-12 07:03:35
I disagree.

Male lion vs 5 hyenas: Hyenas have extremely strong bone-crushing bites and they are more durable  and larger than wolves. They could do enough damage to end the lion quickly. But I am sure the lion would split them apart and take them out 1 by 1.  

Interspecies Conflict

Jim Wilson