Interspecies Conflict/equal-weight matchups

rick wrote at 2012-08-05 21:05:36
Hi there

Gaur vs giraffe: The giraffe probably. A strike of its kick on the gaur's skull would be too much of a disaster.

Cape buffalo vs spanish bull: Cape buffalos are famed for their aggression and are known to kill prides of lions. I would say the cape buffalo wins due to this, but it depends on the individuals.

Sumatran rhino vs spanish bull: The sumatran rhino every time. Better armed, more compact, and much heavier.

Polar bear vs spanish bull: A powerful swipe of the polar bear can cripple the bull if , but the polar bear needs to have immense aggression to do this. Otherwise, the bull takes this as it is on average larger, more aggressive, and too powerful.

Lioness vs wild boar: A lioness can take a small wild boar down, but a large one would be too dangerous for a single. Armed with tusks and 600 lbs of muscles, lioness should run away.

Komodo dragon vs anaconda: In water, the anaconda for sure. On land, the komodo dragon as it would be quicker and give its bite.

Jaguar vs sloth bear: A 170 lb jaguar vs a 300 lb sloth bear would be too much of a weight advantage for the sloth bear. The sloth bear should win this if it has the ability to kill a bengal tiger.

Striped hyena vs baboon: The striped hyena is more aggressive than the spotted hyena, but it could go either way. Baboons are also aggressive and is said to drive leopards away.

Coyote vs dingo: The coyote probably. It is known to kill guard dogs.

pygmy hippo vs anoa: The aggressive pygmy hippo wins this one. It would be heavier and it can use its jaws to bite down the anoa.

pitbull terrier vs clouded leopard: Clouded leopards are a full advantage when agitated. Their canines are really big and can probably kill the pit bull terrier in a bite.

pitbull terrier vs lynx: Pitbull terrier wins due to jaw size. It would be really hurt by the lynx's claws though.

Giant anteater vs sun bear: Sun bear for sure. Its strong big bite, big claws, aggression, and built is too powerful for the giant eater.

Honey badger vs ocelet: I favor wild cats over mustelids due to being too agile, too fast, and too well built. Honey badgers can be preyed on by large caracals.  

rick wrote at 2012-08-05 21:05:36
Hi there

rick wrote at 2012-10-19 05:44:59
Grizzly bear vs lion- The grizzly bear wins. It could well maul the lion in a paw swipe.

Grizzly bear vs tiger- If the tiger could ambush the grizzly bear, it could win. But it would struggle in a front on front fight. The grizzly bear is just too powerful.

Giant forest hog vs sable antelope- Both can win. The sable antelope can win because of speed and horns. But the giant forest hog is more aggressive.

Pronghorn antelope vs white tailed deer- Pronghorn antelopes are mainly built for running. The white tailed deer also has much bigger and more powerful horns as well as aggression.

African wild dog vs lynx- At same sizes, cats dominate over dogs. They are stronger, more agile, and also have more weaponary.

Giant octopus vs spectacled caiman- It depends on the sizes. An average 110 lb one wouldnt work, but a 300 lb one or bigger could win.

Giraffe vs hippo- The giraffe wins. It could make powerful kicks to the hippo.

Leopard seal vs american alligator- The american alligator, most probably. It is much better armed/armored, and a single bite of it could kill the leopard seal.  

name wrote at 2012-12-29 08:06:40
Opinion

1) This is hard. The gaur can charge and destroy the giraffe, but the giraffe has the kick to take it out.

2) The cape buffalo probably. It is more aggressive and is better armed.

3) The bull. The polar bear would be a tough thing to beat, but the bull could take it out.

4) The wild boar. It is a very offensive animal and is very dangerous. The lioness can kill it in an ambush, it would need to get lucky.

5) The komodo dragon. Its bite would destroy the snake.

6) The jaguar. The sloth bear is a rather lightly built bear, and wouldnt have the strength to take out the jaguar.

7) Baboon. It can use its hands to grab the hyena and use its bite to take it out.

8) Both could win, but slight advantage to coyote.

9) Anoa. More combative animal and more agile.

10) The apbt, but very close fight.

11) As above, though far more of the apbt winning.

12) The anteater would scare it off, but in a fight the sun bear would win. It has better reflexes and has the bite to take it out.

13) Honey badger. The ocelet would be destroyed.

14) Lion. Quicker, more predatory, has more deadly bite, and more agile.

15) As above, but more chance of the bengal tiger winning.

16) The hog. It would rip open the antelope apart. The sable antelope has a chance due to its horns, but the hog would be too low.

17) The white tailed deer due to being more combative.

18) Lynx. Cats win over dogs at parity usually. More weaponary and more agile.

19) Octopus. Thicker tentacles and stronger built.

20) Python. The cheetah isnt built to fight, and the python can certainly get a grip of it and kill it.

21) Caiman. Its bite could easily take out the octopus.

22) The giraffe, but only slightly. It could repeatedly kick the hippo, and the hippo could get hurt. But the hippo is a very big aggressive animal that can take out the giraffe with its bite.

23) The alligator. It has the bite to take out the seal than vice versa.

Interspecies Conflict

Jim Wilson