Interspecies Conflict/no asker

early wrote at 2012-10-20 06:27:14
600 lb tiger vs 700 lb brown bear- The brown bear would win, even at same sizes. Brown bears are just too powerful/robust for tigers to beat in a fight. But the tiger can kill the brown bear in an ambush.

Orangutan vs spotted hyena- If the spotted hyena lands a bite on the 200 lb ape, it could well kill it. But the orangutan has huge forelimbs and can grab the spotted hyena. Since orangutans are poor fighters and are unaggressive, it could be around a 50/50.  

Gaurav wrote at 2012-10-22 08:49:32
Large tiger vs medium-sized brown bear: I just feel that even with a 50 kg disadvantage, a bengal/siberian tiger should win against a brown bear. This is because of the big difference in agility perhaps. Besides, unlike other big cats, tigers can use both their front paws. Then tigers are the ultimate predators and can kill virtually any animal. Tigers in India, on rare occasions, have been known to kill elephants, rhinos, etc. This just shows their capabilities. However surely, any bear with a 75 kg+ weight advantage will have an upper hand against any tiger because of its durability and massive power in its bludgeoning forelimbs.

Orangutan vs S hyena: Even though the ape is not that agile, it is still a 100 kg animal equivalent to at least 6-7 adult men. Even if the hyena bides its times and attacks darting in and out, it can't do much to the decently protected ape. A primate's skin though is thin but is not as thin as a human and is quite tough. Further it is much more agile and swift than say, a human. I wouldn't give much chance to a hyena. Just to give an eg., small rhesus monkeys and langurs (15-20 kg weight) have been known to easily dispatch 25-30 kg street dogs (who know that they can't do much to the monkey unless they get them off-guard) in India. The baboon (up to 30 kg weight) has been known to kill Anatolian Shepherds, Kurdish Kangals (60 kg weight), etc.

Gaurav wrote at 2012-10-22 08:49:36

Gian wrote at 2014-09-24 13:51:29
Gian

Spotted Hyena vs Orangutan-The Orangutan has the advantage in size and strength,but I still back the hyena.The orangutan is clumsy on the ground and the hyena would be able to take advantage of this and eventually kill the ape.

Interspecies Conflict

Jim Wilson