Interspecies Conflict/2 questions

Hey Jim,

Just 2 questions this time!
1. 45 kg leopardess vs 55 kg sun bear.
2. 35 kg leopardess vs 25 kg clouded leopard.

Hey Gaurav.

Just two but they are very tough ones!

1. This is the lesser of the two though. The leopardess is certainly capable of winning this, but there's no way I'm favouring her over a male sun bear that is 10 kg heavier than her. Too strong, too much testosterone and too well armed.

2. This one I'm really not sure. The clouded leopard would probably appear the far more powerful animal, and I believe it would be. As you may know, I rate CLs very highly and I do believe large ones would be capable of some pretty impressive stuff. But leopardesses are no jokes, and with a 10 kg advantage, I'm certainly not going to count her out completely.

Cheers Gaurav

Interspecies Conflict

Jim Wilson

I can answer most questions relating to real or hypothetical situations. I have a better understanding of animal behavior and specifically predatory behavior and interspecies predatory relationships. Mammals is my field of expertise but I can do my best in answering questions regarding other animals. Small mammals are my favourite matchups. One or two prehistoric match-ups is OK, but please do not focus on them as they are outside my expertise.

Even before completing my degree I considered myself an expert in mammal behavior. Doing my degree only furthered my interest and knowledge in the subject. After uni I got the opportunity to spend 6 months in South Africa and Kenya where I spent nearly every day basically observing and studying the animals of the savanna.

BSc Degree in Zoology from the Melbourne University, Australia.