Interspecies Conflict/Given weights

Simon wrote at 2013-01-17 06:16:38
There are brown bears living in H. Mountains of India. They are a little bit red colored, and weigh between 350-500 pounds.

true facts wrote at 2013-01-21 07:27:17
This is a summary of an article found

H. Brown bears (the smallest subspecies of brown bear) of the H. Mountains of India are said to be intimiated by Asiatic black bears. They are the only brown bear subspecies that are afraid of black bears. Whenever asiatic black bears climb trees, the H Brown bear will always wait on the ground and eat the dropped fruits. They try to avoid contact with the asiatic black bear.  

simon wrote at 2013-01-21 07:35:58
The first question is asking you about the H. Brown bear vs a bengal tigress.

I am thinking the bear should win. It would have more strength and power than a tigress. A male tiger could be a fair fight.

The sixth question is that I want to elaborate a little further.

I read that H. brown bears in the H mountains of India are afraid of asiatic black bears. It would be too intimidated to put up a real show of fight. So in a parity fight with an asiatic black bear, I am thinking the black bear wins 65/100 times. I cant say the brown bear would lose easily because brown bears are always more formidable and powerful than black bears.  

simon wrote at 2013-01-21 07:51:30
Also for question seven, I do not mean two asiatic black bears vs one bengal tiger.  What I mean is two H. brown bears vs one bengal tiger.

I am pretty sure that the 860 lb bengal tiger would be able beat two 440 lb H. brown bears with very little trouble, although the brown bears would be a more difficult task than black bears.  

Interspecies Conflict

Jim Wilson

I can answer most questions relating to real or hypothetical situations. I have a better understanding of animal behavior and specifically predatory behavior and interspecies predatory relationships. Mammals is my field of expertise but I can do my best in answering questions regarding other animals. Small mammals are my favourite matchups. One or two prehistoric match-ups is OK, but please do not focus on them as they are outside my expertise.

Even before completing my degree I considered myself an expert in mammal behavior. Doing my degree only furthered my interest and knowledge in the subject. After uni I got the opportunity to spend 6 months in South Africa and Kenya where I spent nearly every day basically observing and studying the animals of the savanna.

BSc Degree in Zoology from the Melbourne University, Australia.