Interspecies Conflict/Gorilla vs boar

wrote wrote at 2012-11-04 05:39:01
Wild boar vs gorilla- Gorillas arent predators, and wont know how to deal with such an opponent. Wild boars are extremely aggressive, mobile, and well armed. They have very thick hides as well. If the gorilla can strangle the wild boar to death, it could win. But chances of it doing that would be hard. A 600 lb gorilla could probably beat a 200 lb wild boar in a fight, but that is about it.  

Interspecies Conflict

Jim Wilson

I can answer most questions relating to real or hypothetical situations. I have a better understanding of animal behavior and specifically predatory behavior and interspecies predatory relationships. Mammals is my field of expertise but I can do my best in answering questions regarding other animals. Small mammals are my favourite matchups. One or two prehistoric match-ups is OK, but please do not focus on them as they are outside my expertise.

Even before completing my degree I considered myself an expert in mammal behavior. Doing my degree only furthered my interest and knowledge in the subject. After uni I got the opportunity to spend 6 months in South Africa and Kenya where I spent nearly every day basically observing and studying the animals of the savanna.

BSc Degree in Zoology from the Melbourne University, Australia.