Interspecies Conflict/India vs North america

email wrote at 2012-12-11 00:04:23
I want to add to jim's great answer.

1) A 880 lb american black bear is 2 times the size of an average one, and it could probably destroy some of the dholes. But since dholes are very smart and persistant animals, they would avoid the black bear's deadly weapons. Since the black bear is slow, they would definitely have the chance to take him out.

2) The black bear would win on occasion, but more than not the bengal tiger dominates. It is simply too fast, aggressive, and has mighty experience in killing big prey.

3) The grizzly bear would win in this case, even at equal sizes. Grizzly bears are very powerful built bears and they are extremely aggressive.

4) The bison wins simply it has a more robust head, more powerful built, and can move faster.

5) The wolves could win only if they carefully bite the buffalo down. Otherwise, the buffalo's attack will cause them to flee.

6) The gaur is 2 times larger than a bison, and would win because of this. It also has longer horns and is generally more aggressive. At parity, bison because of its charge.

7) Both could win.

8) Two full grown asiatic black bears would usually beat a moderate sized american black bear.

9) The grizzly bear cant destroy ten sloth bears. Ten sloth bears also could do a lot of damage quickly with their claws.

10) Polar bears are massively strong bears and they are also the largest bear/land carnivore in the world. The sloth bears could win if they make swarms, but it wont be in their nature to do it.

11) Two sun bears, easily. The cougar wont be big enough, and sun bears are very formidable bears for their size. Their bite force is enormous and have excellent weaponary.

12) The polar bear would win. It is huge!  

alias wrote at 2012-12-15 00:40:32
just an opinion

1) The dholes. The black bear is huge as said, but it is not as powerful nor as combative as brown bears. It wont be able to kill that many of the dholes.

2) Still favor the tiger, despite 100 lb disadvantage.

3) Same as above, except far better chances of the grizzly bear winning.

4) I'd go with the bison. The water buffalo has far bigger horns and is larger, but it would lack the mobility to deal with the bison.

5) Wolves. The water buffalo wont have the mobility to handle that many.

6) To be honest, this is a 50/50. The gaur is a huge bovid armed with dangerous big horns and having a serious temperament. But the bison is a lot more mobile and faster.

7) Close fight, but the black bear wins. It is just more predatory in nature and have stronger builts.

8) It wouldnt be an easy fight, but 2 asiatic black bears should win out.

9) Sloth bears, easily.

10) Same scenario as above. Polar bears are large and massive bears armed with long sharp claws, but they arent aggressive and arent good fighters.

11) Mountain lions are very agile big cats and are far more predatory than a single sun bear. But 2 sun bears should wear the cat out and destroy it.

12) I'd go with the lions. Yes, the polar bear is huge. But six male lions would probably be too much for it.  

Interspecies Conflict

Jim Wilson