Interspecies Conflict/Grizzly bear

Question
Hey andy,

This is your first time to this site I found. I researched that a lot of americans have said that grizzly bears are the largest and most dangerous/dominant bear of north america. They often dominate wolves, cougars, black bears, wolverines, and sometimes have scared off adult male polar bears from kills far in northern alaska. Adult males in alaska and canada can hit 1100 or even 1200 lbs, and on rare occasions weigh as much as 1700 lbs. Females weigh 700 lbs when fully grown. The western united states grizzly bears are 750 lbs on average, although weight can variously from 400-880 lbs depending on season.

I want to know who wins in these fights between grizzly bears and other animals. Thank you.

Grizzly bear vs Bison
Grizzly bear vs 10 elite apbts
Grizzly bear vs 5 300 lb english mastiffs
Grizzly bear vs 3 black bears
Grizzly bear vs spanish fighting bull
Grizzly bear vs young bull elephant
Grizzly bear vs young rhino
Grizzly bear vs wild boar
Grizzly bear vs 2 muskox
300 lb grizzly bear vs 12 elite martial artists

What if grizzly bears moved to africa? How would they fare with these predators?

Hyenas
Lions
African wild dogs
Nile crocodiles
Rock pythons

Answer
Hi Edore,
Thanks for the questions, I too like the Grizzly. They can be massive yes.

Grizzly bear vs Bison
The Bear can win and the Bear has gone for Bison as a prey animal. The Bear has a fight on his hands tho, the Bison will be no walkover and will try flee but if the Bear is persistent then the Bear can do it. Some Bison will be just too much to kill and the Bear will leave the fight. Sometimes the Grizzly will attack a Bison and will not persist if the Bison gives it too much hassle

Grizzly bear vs 10 elite apbts
If the Bear is free and not tied up like they do when they have bear baiting than the Bear can win, the Bear can knock them off quickly and you would likely be seeing Pitbuls flying everywhere. He will be in for a hardy fight, the pitbuls will go for his nose and mouth and try and latch on. He will kill some with his jaws but most with his paws. Bears have had to endure these type of fight in history and they have mostly come out on top, they can kill loads of dogs in a small space, he may get injured but they can do it. Usually the Dogs will actually retreat when they see the corpses of other dogs, but the Pitbul is known to keep going despite all. It's a really cruel fight that causes suffering for all animals involved and I would rather see the person who set the fight up in front of the Bear or the Dogs!

Grizzly bear vs 3 black bears
The Blacks could potentially do this but with a Kodiak sized Grizzly the Kodiak would win, he could handle them. He can take their attack and he can attack them with massive ferocity and kill them quick.

Grizzly bear vs spanish fighting bull
I truly believe the Bear can do it, but the Bull can to. This would depend on where it happened, if the Bear has room to avoid the savage charges but small enough for the Bull to be unable to run off the Bear can win, it has the stamina and the blows form a Grizzly are powerful enough to break the Bulls bones. Horrible fight with injuries on both sides but if push comes to shove the Bear can muster up his power and bash the Bull badly.

Grizzly bear vs young bull elephant
Here is the thing, no way can the Bear deal the Elephant, Elephants are the strongest most powerful land animal, and they are by a good bit! The Elephant may not even suffer much injury. It would be an awkward fight but the Elephant will Gore the Bear badly and the Bear wont recover. Elephants are powerhouses nearly invulnerable to anything. Male Elephants have wiped out a pride of Lions. The Bear will not want to fight when it sees this beast!

Grizzly bear vs young rhino
Even a young Rhino has a great chance, a Juvenile one would obviously be in danger but they are so solid that the Bear couldn't handle it. However if you are talking about an infant, well the Bear could do it. However it's mother would not be too far and the Bears days will be numbered if it persued the baby. A baby Rhino left alone would never survive unless it is chaperoned by a mother.

Grizzly bear vs wild boar
Yes, this happens, a big Boar has turned the tide on the Grizzly but most are definitely on the menu as regards prey items for Grizzlies.

Grizzly bear vs 2 muskox
Strange question, I think one would be difficult kind of like the Bison but two, the Bear will loose this.

I struggle with this one, I will presume that the men are unarmed. However they have brains to come up with ways to handicap the Bear. If it were 12 normal men I would say the Bear but if they are trained to deal with this then they could do it somehow do it, I don't know how tho, a man could not strangle a bear. Me and 4 other guys tried to bring a tree trunk into an enclose with a medium sized Brown Bear, we could not do it so we used a forklift and damaged the fork lift. 3 weeks later I see the bear flinging around the tree trunk like it was foam. I cannot call this one!

If Grizzlies moved to Africa they would not do so good I'm afraid. Every animal they would want to prey upon will see them probably before the Bear sees them. It will be in competition with animals who wouldn't think twice about attacking them. They are big powerful predators but Africa would not be the place for them. They are rogues and a Lion Pride would be well able to kill them.

Bear
V Hyenas
A Hyena Clan could kill the Bear, and would if the Bear threatened them in any way.

Lions
The Lions like the Hyenas except even quicker

African Wild Dogs,
I don;t think they would see the Bear as a threat, they would be unlikely to see it as prey but if it became a competitor a massive plan of attack could end the Bear, unlikely tho. Also, they would know about the Bear long before the Bear knows about them.

Nile crocodiles
If the Bear has to cross a river it could well become prey, on land an unlikely fight.

Rock pythons
Not really a big threat for a Grizzly, unless he has become helpless the Snake wouldn't bother even trying it.

Thanks Edore, hard bunch of questions but fun  

Interspecies Conflict

Andy