Interspecies Conflict/Lions vs Bears

Question
Hello,

I know that bear vs tiger has been asked many times. Usually brown bears and polar bears and sometimes black bears could beat tigers. I am going to ask you about lions vs bears. Thank you.

1) 2 400 lb african lions vs 800 lb grizzly bear

2) 2 550 lb african lions vs 1200 lb polar bear

3) 400 lb african lion vs 500 lb black bear

4) 400 lb african lion vs 400 lb grizzly bear

5) 4 250 lb lionesses vs 1200 lb polar bear

6) 2 330 lb african lions vs 770 lb black bear

7) 4 400 lb african lions vs 1760 lb polar bear

Answer
Hi Egor,
Thanks for the question, yes the question is asked many times but your scenarios are different. By the way it would be unlikely that a Black Bear would beat a Male Tiger.

Anyway Question!
400 lb african lions vs 800 lb grizzly bear
The Lions can do this, it would take time but they have what it takes to deal with the Bear, the Bear can only handle one at a time and these Lions are big so the Bear would be in trouble. 1 on 1 the Bear would win but in this case the Lions will work together as they will assume the Bear to be a common enemy.

2 550 lb african lions vs 1200 lb polar bear
I think the Lions still have a chance but this is a massive Bear, I think it's actually a 50/50 affair. I know Polar Bears to flatten a pack of wolves so I think the Bear is more likely to win here. 70/30 the Bear

I think the Lion will do this, African Lions are better fighters than Black Bears. There will be some who disagree but there isn;t anything lika a fighting Lion and at this size it will do it.

4)400 lb african lion vs 400 lb grizzly bear
The Lion could still do this but the Bear has a chance. 80/20 the Lion only because of the weight. The Cat will be better with this weight ratio than the Bear,the Bear would need a weight advantage and usually has a big one!

5. 250 lb lionesses vs 1200 lb polar bear
Yes, the Cats could do it together but if something goes wrong they could be in big trouble 50/50

6. the Cats win
7. The Bear wins, he is huge.

Thanks Egor  

Interspecies Conflict

Andy