Interspecies Conflict/Siberian tigers facts

Question
Hi there,

Welcome to this wonderful site! Enjoy my questions. The siberian tiger is the my and many of my friend's favorite animals. I have done some researches on this creature. It is the worlds largest big cat in the world, with adult males weighing 550 lbs on average and 660 lbs (300 kg) at max. Females are about 400 lbs. It is not as aggressive as the Indian and Chinese/Southeast asian cousins, but it has a relatively stronger bite and slightly bigger teeth. The siberian tiger is also covered in thick fur compared to other tigers. I also found the largest adult male was shot in eastern siberia that weighed to be 900 lbs (409 kg) and 13 ft in length! Captive ones can weigh up to 800 lbs (360 kg). They have known to ambush and kill male and female brown bears in east siberia.

In a fight to the death, who do you think has the advantage?

A prime 800 lb Siberian Tiger vs a 800 lb Grizzly bear

660 lb Siberian tiger vs 660 lb Muskox

World record 690 lb lion vs 650 lb Siberian tiger (I heard people say that tigers have slight chances to win at equal sizes, but what a 40 lb weight advantage to the lion in this case?)

550 lb Siberian tiger vs 10 german shepherds

550 lb Siberian tiger vs 5 300 lb english mastiffs

Prime 800 lb Siberian tiger vs 13 rhodesian ridgebacks

Prime 800 lb Siberian tiger vs 6 Prime 175 lb grey wolves

Answer
Hi Bryan
Thanks for your question!

That is one huge Tiger and I believe he would win in the fight with the Bear, this is based on size. The Bear is still a little stronger but the Tiger is such a good killer and at this size the Bear cannot out do him. It's 100% the Cat wins

660 lb Siberian tiger vs 660 lb Muskox
Not out of the realm of possibility, the Tiger would prey on this sized Muskox and the muskox won't have any chance.

690 lb lion vs 650 lb Siberian tiger
Wow, this would be really close but I think the Lion clearly has it. Mostly on average the Tiger wins but this Lion is huge and massively deadly. It's 90/10 the Lion. The jaws of the Tiger will be stronger but this lion is more like a bear and has the killing spirit a little more than this tiger, this time!

If the Tiger freaks out he will flee and the dogs will have the upper hand, the Tiger will think his number is up and that a gunshot will follow. If the Tiger positions himself well he definitely can knock them off 1 by 1. I think 50/50 and depends on the temperament from the Tiger. The Tiger can do it but it is just it will want to flee.

They are big dogs and I think trained ones may do it, but potentially the cat could do it easier you see. I have seen what a Tiger can do to one big dog and that is kill it in seconds with a mauling and then a bite, in fact I think you could say the Tiger(average) is 7 times stronger than any of these dogs. The fact that the dogs may wear him out and be trained for this encounter means they could win. Put it like this if the Cat uses it's 100% power than the Dogs are dead but if the Cat becomes freaked out it will loose it's belief in it being able to beat the Dogs.

I have worked with Rhodies and 13 would be a force to reckon with, they won;t get too close and they will wear down the Tiger however in a closed space this Tiger has it in him to kill all. 50/50.

I still think the Tiger can do it but it's 50/50 if the wolves are in for the long haul!

Thanks.  

Interspecies Conflict

Andy