Interspecies Conflict/Wild cats vs Canines (given sizes)

Question
Hi again,

What are your thoughts to my questions on felids and canids?

1) 120 lb brown hyena vs 2 200 lb bullmastiffs
2) 150 lb spotted hyena vs 2 150 lb great danes
3) 60 lb eurasian lynx vs 100 lb siberian husky
4) Prime 200 lb leopard vs 5 rottweilers
5) 100 lb amur leopard vs 200 lb British mastiff
6) Prime 88 lb eurasian lynx vs 55 lb pitbull
7) Prime 50 lb caracal vs 50 lb african wild dog
8) 90 lb snow leopard vs 120 lb rottweiler

Answer
Hi Rick,
Sorry for the delay, I was unaware that I had to set my status to vacation,
Anyway let's get down to it,

I think unless the Dogs are only domestic pets they will win here, they have the size and will deal with this Hyena. However, the Brown Hyena has a powerful bite and could injure one dog pretty badly if given the chance. These Hyenas leave their jaws open when they are in combat, when they shut the jaw it stays shut until either it looses the fight or the other looses. In this situation however the Dogs can do it well.

If the Danes had experience they could conceivably hold off the Hyena however the Hyena has the muscle to do serious damage and kill the dogs pretty quickly I would think. I think if the dogs had experience with game like this they may be confident but that crushing bite will a threat throughout and could end the fight for one or two of the dogs quick enough. I think the dogs have a little chance but if they are the average Dane they will be dead soon enough.

It's 50/50 here, if the Lynx gave it his all he could kill the dog in an ambush attack but face to face the stamina may put the Cat at the disadvantage.

Far too much for the Cat unless these are domestic dogs wanting to flee, if trained they could definitely win a battle with the Leopard. The realistic scenario is the Leopard would flee this fast.

This is about the weight advantage the dog would need to win and It would 90% of the time, if it came across a Cat willing to use all it's talents it could kill the Dog but I think it would want to flee fast!

) Prime 88 lb Eurasian lynx vs 55 lb pitbull
Huge Lynx but face to face it will have problems, only if it gets the upper hand fast will it win, I think 50/50 but in reality the Cat will flee. "One time a Caracal broke into a garden with a Staffordshire Terrier and the Cat killed and eat it so it's not totally out of the question that a smaller cat could do it.

Prime 50 lb caracal vs 50 lb African wild dog
50/50 down the line. It would;d be all about time, if the fight goes on the Dogs chance go up but if the initial attack involves torn arteries then goodbye dog!

This is probably the fairest fight you mention, I think in reality the Snowy will flee but if forced to use 100% of it's power the Dog is in for a hellish fight. This Leopard is well versed in killing powerful similar sized animals, unless the Dog has some training it is doomed really, however I could see a huge Rottweiller running up for the fight but if that Cat launches an equally charged attack it could have the dogs guts all over the ground.

Sorry bout the dealy,
Thanks.  

Interspecies Conflict

Andy