Interspecies Conflict/Dangerous Bovids

Jill wrote at 2013-01-26 07:07:22
I liked your answers to these, but i would want to give my thinkings.

1) It depends on the water buffalo's temperament, but overall four experienced and determined lionesses can win with carefulness.

2) The tigers should win, but they would struggle to work together.

3) The tigers can kill the bull, but one of them could be fatally injured.

4) The lionesses should win, but not an easy task for killing a 1.5 ton bovid.

5) The lionesses win. A few could be injured though.

6) The lionesses would win if they take them time and avoid the muskox's weaponary.

7) Kodiak bear wins due to huge size advantage.

8) This is much harder for the bear, but it should control the bull and kill it.

9) The kodiak bears should win if they are good cooperaters.

10) Same situation, but harder.

11) Polar bears have more chance than kodiak bears. They are more developed to kill big prey and have stronger paw swipes.  

12) Muskox would win, unless the black bear has a weight advantage.  

Interspecies Conflict

Jim Wilson

I can answer most questions relating to real or hypothetical situations. I have a better understanding of animal behavior and specifically predatory behavior and interspecies predatory relationships. Mammals is my field of expertise but I can do my best in answering questions regarding other animals. Small mammals are my favourite matchups. One or two prehistoric match-ups is OK, but please do not focus on them as they are outside my expertise.

Even before completing my degree I considered myself an expert in mammal behavior. Doing my degree only furthered my interest and knowledge in the subject. After uni I got the opportunity to spend 6 months in South Africa and Kenya where I spent nearly every day basically observing and studying the animals of the savanna.

BSc Degree in Zoology from the Melbourne University, Australia.