Interspecies Conflict/India vs China

true fact wrote at 2012-12-07 23:55:28
Ussuri brown bear varies in size depending on place. In the very northeast of china, they can weigh 650-800 lbs. In North of siberia, they can be 1330 lbs at peak. They are very similar in size and aggression like grizzly bears.  

info wrote at 2012-12-08 00:06:12
Bengal tigers are more aggressive and faster than siberian tigers, and they also kill much bigger prey in general. On average, bengal tigers have topped 520 lbs on average and 650 lbs at peak. Gaurs, water buffalo, and mugger crocodiles have been taken. Siberian tigers were no longer as big as before, and they weigh only up to 475 lbs. Large Adult brown bears have been preyed by siberian tigers, but only if it is when the brown bear is hibernating. A brown bear is actually very formidable, and much more aggressive/powerful than american black bears. No tiger can stand much chance with a full grown brown bear's massive paw swipes. Even asiatic black bears in siberia have fought off siberian tigers.  

name wrote at 2012-12-09 23:58:10
Its not like 300 lb tigresses pick off up to 20 dholes in a combat. It would take about 30 full grown dholes to beat 1 bengal tiger. Dholes are only 40 lbs( much smaller than wolves) and they dont have devastating bites like wolves or hyenas do. A 1200 lb Ussuri brown bear should definitely destroy all of them, since brown bears are just more dangerous, powerful, stronger, and aggressive than bengal tigers. 35 or more dholes may be a much different story for an ussuri brown bear of that size.  

spelling wrote at 2012-12-11 00:25:08
Hyenas arent really formidable, other than their bite force. A single full grown male lion could defeat up to 5 hyenas at a time, and drive off the rest of the pack. Hyenas get easily intimidated by lions, and they wont bother to get them. Even far smaller leopards have defeated large spotted hyenas handily.  

email wrote at 2012-12-12 00:24:25
I want to add to jim's great answers again.

1) At parity, the bengal tiger everytime. Compared to siberian tigers, bengal tigers are a lot more vicious in nature and they are actually faster and stronger.

2) Three sloth bears could beat a black bear.

3) 5 full grown sloth bears could win, but it is not certainly sure. Brown bears are very powerful and formidable bears.

4) Water buffalos are somewhat sluggish and they arent as fast as other buffalos. The gaur is not only bigger, faster, and more aggressive, but it is also better suitable to fight.

5) I agree, this is tough for both. 5 striped hyenas could kill the tiger with their powerful bites, but the tiger has the strength to counter all of them. 50/50 for both.

6) The mastiff wins simply cause of size and aggression. Tibetan mastiffs can weigh 250 lbs, as indian wolves weigh 80 lbs.

7) Slight advantage to the amur leopard. Amur leopards are generally more aggressive than indian leopards.

8) A brown bear of that size would flatten the dholes.

9) The brown bear due to strength and power. The wolves arent big enough.

10) This is going to depend on the size of the bears. The gaur would win on a normal routine, but if the brown bears are huge and willing to attack, they would have the chance.

11) 200 lbs is a big difference and the brown bear should pull the asiatic lions off.  

Javier wrote at 2013-01-21 08:27:30
Information

There are certain things that proofs that siberian tigers are not as formidable as their cousins in india. They do not regulary attack and feed on people as much as bengal tigers do.

There was a video of a large bengal tiger attacking a man on an elephant. The tiger aggressively attempted to reach for the man, but the elephant luckily saved him by hiting the tiger with its trunk as it left the tiger injured. A security guard in the indian wildlife was killed and fed on by a bengal tigress.

Before the 21st century, the size of the bengal tiger and siberian tiger were far apart. The average weight of bengal tigers were 400 to 420 pounds. The average weight of siberian tigers before was 600 lbs and may even topped 700 pounds. There were some BS that siberian tigers have reached up to 850 pounds.

Bengal tigers regulary recieve more food than siberian tigers according to most researches. Siberian tigers are finding less food due to too much competition with wolves, brown bears, and mostly humans. Bengal tigers hunt various animals from fish to large buffalos and oxen.

Now, the weights of siberians and bengal tigers are very close now. There are statistics that bengal tigers are growing larger. Average weight of siberian tigers today are 475 pounds. Max weight is 550 pounds. Average weight of bengal tigers today are 490 to 520 pounds. The bengal tiger's maximum weight reached is 600 pounds. Two large males of 600 pounds or over were shot at a different time by a english huntman in nepal, india.

Javier wrote at 2013-01-21 08:27:37
Information

Hartley wrote at 2013-03-23 05:59:40
I would say the Siberian tiger should win over the Bengal tiger at parity. Siberian tigers seem to be more aggressive and more willing to attack than bengal tigers.

Interspecies Conflict

Jim Wilson