Interspecies Conflict/Wonderer

Question
Hello there,

Thoughts to these?

275 kg lion vs 330 kg brown bear
120 kg wild boar vs 120 kg sumatran tiger
120 kg jaguar vs 180 kg brown bear
225 kg wild boar vs 225 kg polar bear
259 kg bengal tiger vs 259 kg polar bear
240 kg bengal tiger vs 300 kg brown bear

Answer
Hey Eurav,

1. I'd actually give the lion a great chance here. 55kg is not nothing, but the number is distorted by the high proportion of fat and fur on the bear. Great for defence, but the bear won't actually be all the much bigger nor more powerful than the lion. Extremely tough fight either way, but both can win.

2. The tiger can pull it off, absolutely, but more often than not it will fail. Just a very difficult prey animal, with more than enough offence to kill an attacker.

3. Very similar to the lion/bear one. But a bear of this size is likely young where as this jaguar will be at its peak and extremely confident. I like the jag.

4. Same as number 2, though less chance than the tiger.

5. I go with the tiger, for similar reasons to #3. Big, dominant tiger, against what is a smaller polar bear specimen.

6. And same as #1

Hope that helps mate

Interspecies Conflict

Jim Wilson