Interspecies Conflict/huge leopard

Question
hi im morgans brother and when im older i want to be a big cat scientist and to me these leopard look huge almost lion size what  is you thoughts ?

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?q=huge+leopard&um=1&hl=en&sa=N&biw=1366&bih=643&t

http://www.guwelahuntingsafaris.com/view.php?area=&id=161

Answer
Hello Dave, and nice to hear from you, Prior to joining this site, I have done work with these animals, and studied them for many years and can tell you its a rewarding experience being with such magnificent animals, so good luck with your career!.

It makes me sad seeing these photos, no animal this beautiful should be killed for sport, but I will answer your questions none the less.

The first Leopard is around 200lbs, (90-95 kilograms), that is an impressive size as this Leopard was a registered cattle killer, preying on Buffalo and other large bovines, the length on this Leopard is also impressive, looks to be a solid 190cm in length. The second is also very large, measured at 190lbs, and a good 180cm Hunter Marrs Bowman killed this 190-pound leopard in Tanzania while hunting with PH Alistair James of Tanzania Wildlife Company. Bowman hunted in the Lake Natron South GCA area of Maasailand. The third Leopard looks to be around 170lbs, and 175cm in length. Lions are 300-420lbs and can be 11ft in body length, so the Leopards are still quite far away from being the same size as a Lion. How ever, these specimens are impressive none the less.

Thank you for the questions Mark and good luck with your career.
Stay safe

Eli.

Interspecies Conflict

Eli Masaai