Interspecies Conflict/Humans vs others

Hi there,

Primate vs canids or felines is a hot debate. How about humans vs canids and felines matchups?

1) 100 kg Tibetan mastiff vs 4 elite martial artists
2) 40 kg German shepherd vs 2 elite martial artists
3) 55 kg Brown hyena vs 4 elite martial artists
4) 190 kg Bengal tiger vs 12 elite martial artists
5) 190 kg Lion vs 11 elite martial artists
6) 90 kg Jaguar vs 9 elite martial artists
7) 65 kg Leopard vs 6 elite martial artists

Hey Rakshay! Nice to hear from you.

Okay, so 'Elite martial artists'. So we have to assume these artists are highly mobile, athletic, intelligent, opportunistic, endowed with huge strength by human standards and have great endurance. I'll understand this as the criteria when tackling these animals.

1. The elite martial artists easily. This is a huge dog, but it's domestic. The levels of aggression are much lower than any wild canid, and it has limited weaponry as it can only use its jaws to attack. 4 highly skilled men would easily be able to out-flank the dog, focus on weak areas such as eyes, ears, genitals, and would be able to eventually out-manever and contain the animal.

2) Same as above.

3) Now this is more difficult of course. The Hyena is completely wild, with an innate high level of aggression when threatened, has a high level of endurance and has potent weaponry in those jaws. That said however, 4 highly skilled humans would be able to contain and gradually overpower the Hyena. Serious injuries could occur though.

4. A Tiger of this size could wipe out half of these men very easily. Tigers are exceptionally aggressive, have amazing agility and reflexes (far superior to any human) and have weaponry that can kill instantly, either with those piercing jaws or those razor-sharped claws.

I can't see the men winning. A Tiger would be able to overpower them in seconds, and without any real weaponry (guns, knives, spears, etc, etc), how are they going to impact on the Tiger? They would be absolutely obliterated.

5. Same as above. Unless they have weaponry, or extremely co-operative and expertly meticulous in how to defeat the cat, they would be completely overwhelmed.

6. A 90kg Jaguar is extremely formidable, with similar and in some cases greater strengths (Bite force) than both the Lion and Tiger, but at this size, it's physical constitution and potential for damage is slightly lessened.

9 Skilled men can win this is they apply immaculate team-work, and expose the Jaguar's weak areas, and out-flank and gradually weaken the cat. Deaths will occur however.

7. Same as above, but slighter easier for the humans.

Great, great questions Rakshay!

Keep asking,

Interspecies Conflict

I can answer any question on land carnivores. Big cats are my main area of expertise. I can answer questions on weight, behavior, and on any possible match-up among mammals, reptiles and insects, but the latter is less preferred. I am not very well informed with dinosaurs and prehistoric animals, so please refrain from asking me questions about them. Just modern animals please. Also questions on bite force are not the best, as they vary greatly.

I am a wildlife enthusiast. I have visited countless zoos globally to observe animal behavior, and i have also seen animals such as Rhinos, Elephants and Big Cats in the wild and synthetic environments. I watch nearly every animal documentary available, and have really acquired considerable knowledge of animals and animal conflicts as a result. I know a lot.

I have written several articles on Wikipedia. I also will soon start writing blogs about Big Cats.

I have a C grade at GCSE Science. However, nothing gives you more knowledge than experiencing animals in the flesh. No qualification can give you that kind of insight.