Interspecies Conflict/Fossa male vs Fischer Cat

Question
Both fully matured, both ready for all out combat,  who wins and why please

Answer
Hello David.

Your question was sent to the question pool; hope you don't mind if I answer it.

male fossa vs fisher cat:

The fossa is the largest land carnivore of Madagascar.  It resembles a small brown cougar, and can weigh up to 12kg.  It feeds primarily on lemurs, but will attack pigs, chickens, and other domesticated animals.  It has a muscular, powerful body, and a round head with short jaws.  It is an excellent leaper & climber.

The fisher (or fisher cat) is a North American mustelid famous for its ability to predate on porcupines.  Its thick fur gives it a stocky appearance, and it weighs up to 8.2kg.  It has a broad head & a pointed snout.  The fisher preys on terrestrial animals (and not fish).

The fossa is almost 50% heavier than the fisher.  The fossa's jaws are larger as well.  A battle between the fossa and the fisher would favor the fossa.  Both animals have similar abilities, but the larger fossa has greater agility & a more dangerous bite.  A fisher (like most mustelids) is a fierce, capable fighter, but it's giving up too much weight here.  A better opponent from the mustelid family for the fossa would be the American badger (I would still favor the fossa slightly).

Fossa wins.

Best regards.  

Interspecies Conflict

BK