Interspecies Conflict/pound for pound strongest around

hey bk. I remember you saying how polar bears are pound for pound stronger than the kodiak, and how the leopard is stronger than the cougar.
Would one of these two animals are the pound for pound stronger?
lion vs tiger (i know i already asked you about which is more muscular, but i don't think its the same)
tiger vs leopard
gorilla vs black bear
hyena vs jaguar
honey badger vs wolverine
also i have a couple fights
dolphin vs leopard seal
steller sea lion vs leopard seal at parity
2,000 lbs steller sea lion vs 1,000 lbs alligator
2,000 lbs steller sea lion vs 1,900 lbs nile crocodile
2,000 lbs steller sea lion vs cape buffalo in 4 ft of water
great barracuda vs goliath tigerfish
goliath tiger fish vs blue shark
colossal squid vs great white shark
colossal squid vs saltwater crocodile
bull shark vs hammerhead shark at parity
mosasuar vs deinosuchus at parity
andrewsarchus vs dinohyus at parity
sarcosuchus vs mosasaur
andrewarchus vs short-faced bear

Hello Johnny.

Strongest pound-for-pound

lion vs tiger: about the same
gorilla vs black bear: black bear
hyena vs jaguar: jaguar
honey badger vs wolverine: wolverine

dolphin vs leopard seal: Unless the dolphin has a decent weight advantage, I favor the seal.  The leopard seal is very maneuverable in the water and has a more impressive set of jaws & teeth than does the dolphin.  A dolphin's teeth are more suitable for preying on fish.  The dolphin would probably try to head-butt the seal, but the seal's mobility would make this difficult.  The leopard seal has more assets in its arsenal for combat than the dolphin does in this matchup.  Leopard seal wins.

steller sea lion vs leopard seal (at parity): Both have impressive jaws & great aquatic mobility, but the more streamlined leopard seal might have the edge in these 2 categories.  The leopard seal is also well-known for its aggression.  Edge to leopard seal.

2,000lb steller sea lion vs 1,000lb alligator: It would be difficult for these 2 to defeat one another.  The sea lion is too large and maneuverable for the alligator to land a decent bite (and it probably wouldn't be able to hold on unless it grabbed a flipper), and the alligator is too well-armored for the sea lion's bites to cause serious damage from the onset.  The likely result would be the sea lion bullying the smaller alligator into a retreat.

2,000lb steller sea lion vs 1,900lb nile crocodile: In open water the sea lion will have a mobility advantage, but its jaws will take time to wound the armored crocodile.  It's unlikely the sea lion would be able to continue an offense without getting caught by the crocodile's jaws, and that (depending on the landing spot) could put the sea lion in a dire predicament.  In deeper water I would slightly favor the more mobile sea lion (as it would be wary of the croc's jaws), but in shallower water I would favor the crocodile (as the sea lion wouldn't have room to swim vertically).

2,000lb steller sea lion vs cape buffalo in 4 ft of water: Both animals could win here, but the Cape buffalo would need a bit of luck.  Its horns will be difficult to use because its mobility will be compromised by the water depth, and swinging its horns into the water won't have nearly as much power as they would on land.  The sea lion will have to use its mobility to swim laterally and land bites on the bovid, but it will take many to take a serious toll.  A good horn strike by the buffalo while the sea lion is near the surface is about the only chance it will have (and maybe some well-placed kicks) to win, but its accuracy won't be great.  The buffalo might catch the seal with its horns if it continues to attack, but it's not likely these 2 would remained engaged in combat for long.  Close to a stalemate; depends on how the fight plays out.  The mobility of the sea lion in water probably gives it the edge.

great barracuda vs goliath tigerfish: Both of these fish have a fearsome set of jaws, but the tigerfish has a more robust body and gets slightly heavier.  The barracuda probably has the advantage in quickness, though.  Close fight; edge to tigerfish.

goliath tigerfish vs blue shark: The blue shark is generally much larger, and its teeth are better designed to slice than the pointed teeth of the tigerfish.  At parity would make for an interesting fight, but at the given weights the blue shark has too much size.

colossal squid vs great white shark: The colossal squid takes up a lot of room, but it is only about 1/5th the shark's weight.  The shark's bite would cause significant damage to the slow-moving squid, and would probably be able to land a good bite on the squid's mantle before the tentacles wrapped it up.  The colossal squid can certainly win if it quickly uses it tentacles to hold the shark in place, but the more likely result is the shark biting the cephalopod to death.  Great white shark wins.

colossal squid vs saltwater crocodile: The squid will weigh less than half the crocodile's weight, but it has a chance here.  The crocodile would need to clamp onto the squid's mantle with its powerful jaws and crush it to win.  If the reptile doesn't land a fatal bite, it will be in danger of being wrapped up by the squid's long tentacles and drowned.  Once the squid wraps the crocodile up, escape will be very difficult even though the crocodile is a stronger animal.  In open water it could go either way (depending on where & when the croc bites), but in shallower water the crocodile would have better mobility and likely prevail.  Because the squid isn't a swift mover, the crocodile should have the ability to clamp onto where it wants to some of the time (but this first bite will need to be a good one).  The squid will likely attempt to wrap its tentacles around the crocodile immediately after contact, so a misplaced bite by the croc might be bad news.  Slight edge to the colossal squid.

bull shark vs hammerhead shark (at parity): These 2 sharks have similar builds (one difference being the hammerhead shark's hammer-shaped head), but the mouth of the bull shark is larger at parity.  Bigger bite; more damage.  Bull shark wins.

mosasuar vs deinosuchus (at parity): The Mosasaurus (one type of mosasaur) was a long, powerful-bodied predatory reptile with sharp teeth and very good maneuverability in water. Deinosuchus was built very much like a giant-sized Nile crocodile or American alligator.  The Mosasaurus would have the advantage in mobility & quickness, but Deinosuchus would have the stronger bite force and tougher hide.  The Mosasaurus would need a few bites to dispatch the osteoderm-covered Deinosuchus, but one well-placed bite from Deinosuchus could spell doom for the Mosasaurus (so the Mosasaurus would need to bite without getting into range of Deinosuchus' jaws).  Close fight, but the quickness of the Mosasaurus gives it the slight edge.  In water shallow enough to reduce the Mosasaurus' vertical motion, the edge would go to Deinosuchus.     

andrewsarchus vs dinohyus (at parity): Here's an earlier answer I gave another questioner:  At equal weights these 2 are close to even, but I gave the edge to the Enteledont (general term for the group of animals that includes Dinohyus) because of its cranial protrusions (that helped protect its head from the bites of adversaries), its more robust, stocky build (similar to a bison from the neck back), its large tusks, and its bone-crushing bite.  Andrewsarchus may have been slender or stocky (debatable), and the slender version would have been somewhat like a wolf from the head back.  The Andrewsarchus didn't have sharp teeth, but its jaws could crush with a force comparable to the Enteledont.  The slender version may have been more agile, but the Enteledont probably had a more damaging bite and more durable hide.  If the Andrewsarchus was actually stocky (which would raise its max weight), it would probably be favored against the Enteledont at parity.  Close to a 50/50 at equal weights, but I think the Enteledont has the ability to cause more damage to the Andrewsarchus in a battle than the other way around.

sarcosuchus vs mosasaur: Sarcosuchus (famously known as "SuperCroc") weighed almost twice as much as an elephant, and had strong jaws set in a skull longer than a man is tall.  There were several types of mosasaurs, and top weight estimates for them range anywhere from 5-12.5 tons.  At equal weights I would favor the mosasaur for the same reasons I favored it against Deinosuchus (and I consider Deinosuchus to be more formidable than Sarcosuchus at parity due to a thicker snout & stronger jaws).  A small weight advantage by the "SuperCroc" would make for an even fight.

andrewarchus vs short-faced bear: Unless we use the Arctotherium (South American short-faced bear that may have attained a weight over 1.5 tons), these 2 animals are close in weight (using the conservative top-end estimate for Andrewsarchus).  The short-faced bear wasn't built as robustly as modern brown bears, and probably was suited for speed over strength in comparison.  Andrewsarchus had a huge, bone-crushing bite, and it would have been able to land a few bites before the bear could grab onto it with its paws in an attempt to control it.  Paw swipes would have deterred Andrewsarchus, but it's not likely they would disable it.  Close fight, but the huge jaws of Andrewsarchus are probably a good enough asset to offset the claws & wrestling ability of the bear.  Edge to Andrewsarchus.

Best regards.

Interspecies Conflict

Questions regarding animal conflicts within realistic or unrealistic settings are welcome; my strength lies in medium-to-large species. Small animals (including birds of prey), prehistoric animals, sea creatures, and domestic dog breeds are usually within my scope, but to a lesser degree. I can't confidently answer hypothetical questions about human vs animal, arachnids, insects, or amphibians, but I am willing to field them nonetheless.

From a young age, I have been interested in animals. Starting with the original Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom and World Book Encyclopedias, I have seen many animal shows and documentaries and have read multiple books on the subject. I have a solid understanding of the physiology of many animals and interspecies conflict in general.

Associate degree in unrelated field; biology classes in college.