Interspecies Conflict/Fights

Question
I enjoy asking questions cause your answers are fluid with details .

1500lb polar bear vs 1500lb saltie croc in 8ft of water I think the bear has no chance because swimming with its head above water would put it's head right in the way of the crocs jaws if they swam toward each other

Jaguar vs cane corso

Also I bring back my Xeno lol

More details on the super cat
2500lb bite force
4inch claws
Also kills with a bite through the skull
Excellent climber most athletic cat

I seen another answer with a helloid type mustelid
320kg Xeno vs helloid

Also Xeno vs grizzly bear

Let's say Icarus Xeno & helloid all share North America
Can you rank them in terms of dominance with each other as well as natural predators from the continent
Also if helloid sees grizzly over kill what would happen & also if they fought
Same question but with a 320kg Xeno & grizzly

Helloid vs Icarus helloid has weight advantage but I think since it can't jump like a Xeno it won't be able to attack the bird without taking a potentially fatal hit from the large beak or kicks of Icarus

Answer
Hello Anthony.

1,500lb polar bear vs 1,500lb saltwater crocodile (in 8ft of water): Polar bears are good swimmers, but they can't generate the same kind of power against an adversary in the water as they can on land.  Crocodiles are much better fighters in the water than they are on land.  The crocodile only needs to grab the bear in its jaws & pull it under the surface.  The polar bear doesn't have anything in its arsenal to take out the croc in 8ft of water.  Saltwater crocodile wins.

jaguar vs cane corso: The jaguar will weigh over twice as much as the Cane Corso (a large jaguar can weigh almost 3 times as much). Cane Corsos are large dogs muscular builds and strong jaws.  A friend of mine owns a Cane Corso that has a head as wide as a basketball.  Cane Corsos have been used as hunters of large predators & livestock guardians.  Jaguars are the strongest cats pound-for-pound, and have jaws strong enough to crush turtle shells.  Jaguars kill by biting the skull or nape of their quarry (as opposed to the typical throat or snout bite employed by other big cats).  The huge size advantage of the jaguar will enable it to easily gain control of the Cane Corso, pull it to the ground, and finish it with its jaws.  I would favor a jaguar against 2 Cane Corsos.  Jaguar wins.

320kg Xeno vs helloid: Here is the original description of Xeno followed by the additional information:

".... big cat , species Xeno , avg weight males 600lbs females 400lbs , live in groups of up to 12 it's always two males in each group , live on North American plains , top speed 45mph , 4inch canines , bluish gray  with jaguar pattern...."

More details on the super cat: 2500lb bite force...4inch claws...kills with a bite through the skull...excellent climber; most athletic cat

Here is the original description of Helloid (by Tejas):

"A tenacious, 250 kilogram mustelid. 4 inch canines, 4 inch claws. 1500 pound bite force. Excellent swimmer. Speed 80 km/h (running). Mainly terrestrial animal. Opportunistic ambush predator. Thick fur with random sharp bristles measuring 1 cm in length as defense. Jet-black in color, superb night-vision, both nocturnal and diurnal. Excellent sense of smell, able to smell a drop of blood 70 m away. Lives in packs of up to 50 in number, headed by an alpha male and an alpha female. Females and males equal in size.
Males experienced in combat, but still prefer ambush attack. Bristles can detect the slightest sound vibrations."

Xeno would be about 28% heavier than Helloid.  Both have impressive weaponry.  Xeno would probably have the size to control the action in a physical engagement, and the quickness to get the better of a "swipe war" with the mustelid.  Helloid would likely have better endurance, and its hide would resist injury better than the cat's.  The weight advantage of Xeno would definitely be a factor.  Not an easy fight, but the heavier Xeno would have the edge.

Helloid vs grizzly bear at a kill: If Helloid came across a grizzly at a kill, it would probably attempt to drive it away much like wolverines drive larger predators off of kills on occasion.  The grizzly would be much larger, but Helloid has the intimidating 4-inch canines that can deliver a nasty bite.  The hide of Helloid would be tougher than the bear's.  At equal weights the battle would go to Helloid, but the grizzly can be almost twice as heavy and would probably be slightly favored.  Any grizzly bear weighing less than 400kg would lose this contest.  

320kg Xeno vs grizzly bear at a kill: Xeno will weigh about 70% of the grizzly bear's weight.  Grizzly bears are powerful & aggressive, and are armed with long claws & strong jaws.  Bears have great endurance as well.  On most occasions the larger grizzly bear would be able to discourage Xeno from attacking by using its size & huge paws to intimidate the cat, but other times Xeno may decide to claim the carcass anyway.  If that occurs, there will be a fierce battle.  Xeno has an array of weapons that will be useful in this fight, including the 4-inch claws (which could be used faster than the bear's claws) and amazing bite force.  The heavier bear wouldn't go down easily, but I see Xeno having the agility to get into a favorable-enough position to use its crushing bite to end the contest.  Edge to Xeno.

Ranking of Icarus, Xeno, & Helloid in North America:

Here is the original description of Icarus:

"Also a species like a terror bird , species name Icarus , 8ft tall males 300lbs females 150-200lbs , live in groups up to 15 , North American species color goldish , African color , orange , top speed 50mph & can run long distances , huge beak & huge claws on its feet..."

These 3 animals would be the top predators in North America due to their size, weaponry, & group size.  Only the largest of bears & wolf packs with great numbers would give these animals pause.  Helloid would lead the way based on its member size (up to 50), followed by Xeno.  Icarus would need to outnumber Helloid & Xeno to compete directly (over twice as many Icaruses needed for each confrontation).

Helloid vs Icarus: Helloid would weigh about 84% heavier than Icarus.  Icarus would be able to use its kicks & beak effectively, but the larger Helloid would likely rush in quickly and bowl the giant bird over.  Helloid's claws would be able to rip into Icarus, and its 4-inch fang could be driven into the bird with great force.  Icarus would make a good account of itself against any animal in its weight range, but Helloid is too heavy & well armed to repel.  Helloid wins.

Best regards.

Interspecies Conflict

BK