Interspecies Conflict/None

QUESTION: Hi, I have some more matchups for you, enjoy!

1. Jaguar vs Asiatic Black Bear

2. Jaguar vs Silverback Gorilla

3. Wolverine vs Clouded Leopard

4. Wolverine vs Spotted Hyena

5. Tiger Quoll vs Indian Mongoose

6. Tasmanian Devil vs Ratel

7. Tasmanian devil vs Wildcat

8. Marsupial Lion vs Bear dog (I heard that bear dogs were of variable size so this matchup is b/w similarly sized individuals)

9. Warthog vs Cougar

10. Hippo vs Dinohyus

11. Silverback Gorilla vs American Black bear

12. Chimpanee vs Sun bear

13. Gray Wolf vs Chacma baboon

14. Olive Baboon vs Eurasian Lynx

15. Chacma Baboon vs Anatolian Shepherd

16. Anatolian Shepherd vs Wolverine

17. Main event: Alpha Lion vs Silverback Gorilla

Thanks alot

ANSWER: Hello again Jem.

1. Jaguar vs Asiatic Black Bear: The jaguar will weigh almost 80% of the bear's weight.  Jaguars are the strongest big cat pound-for-pound, and have jaws strong enough to penetrate turtle shells and caiman armor.  They typically kill prey with a skull bite or a bite to the back of the neck (to sever the spinal cord).  Jaguars have relatively short legs and a stocky, powerful body.  Asiatic black bears eat fruit, nuts, leaves, insects, etc., and are not as robustly built as brown bears.  Asiatic black bears will typically fight by standing on its hind legs and swiping with its paws.  In a realistic encounter the black bear will probably succeed in chasing the jaguar away, but a jaguar determined to attack will pose problems for it.  The bear's endurance will enable it to gain the upper hand in a long conflict, but a jaguar's killing experience & weaponry are at a high level.  This is a very close fight.  Close to 50/50; slightest of edges to the jaguar.

2. Jaguar vs Silverback Gorilla: A jaguar will weigh about 2/3rd the gorilla's weight.  Jaguars are the strongest cat pound-for-pound, and they have stocky bodies with short, powerful legs.  Their bite force is high enough to pierce turtle shells & caiman armor, and they typically bite through a victim's skull to dispatch it.  Gorilla are muscular animals with strong bites & powerful clubbing forearms.  Gorillas aren't accustomed to taking on large animals of another species.  An angry gorilla might succeed in intimidating a jaguar into a retreat on some occasions, but a jaguar intent on completing a kill will be able to do so more times than not.  The jaguar's bite, claws, & killing experience will be enough to overcome the gorilla's size & strength.  The cat will close in on the gorilla and use its agility & quickness to find a good location to sink its teeth into.  Jaguar wins.

3. Wolverine vs Clouded Leopard: The clouded leopard will weigh about 20% more than the wolverine.  Wolverines are powerful & ferocious fighters, with strong jaws & sharp claws.  They have few equals in their weight range when it comes to confrontation.  Clouded leopards are extremely agile, and have strong jaws armed with upper canines as long as matchsticks (almost like a miniature, less-stocky version of a saber-tooth cat).  The clouded leopard can use its quickness & front limbs to position an opponent for the delivery of a killing bite.  This battle is interesting because both animals have advantages over each other.  The wolverine is likely stronger pound-for-pound, and its thick fur will protect it from injury more than the clouded leopard's fur will protect it.  The clouded leopard has better agility and a somewhat more formidable bite (and better tools to finish a fight).  This would be a fierce altercation, and the wolverine would drive the clouded leopard away in a realistic encounter, but the cat's larger size will give it the edge here if they choose to engage.  At equal weights I will favor the wolverine, but the clouded leopard with a 20% weight advantage gets the nod.  Clouded leopard wins.

4. Wolverine vs Spotted Hyena: The spotted hyena will weigh as much as 3-and-a-half wolverines, and its jaws will have little trouble latching onto the mustelid.  The wolverine will fight fiercely with its claws & jaws to defend itself, but the hyena will simply be too big here.  Spotted hyena wins.

5. Tiger Quoll vs Indian Mongoose: The tiger quoll will be almost twice as heavy as the mongoose.  The quoll has a slightly stouter body, and is known for having a very high bite force.  The mongoose is nimble & feisty (and is famous for dispatching cobras), but it's a little outmatched here.  Tiger quoll wins.

6. Tasmanian Devil vs Ratel: The Tasmanian devil is somewhat smaller than the ratel (70-80% of its weight) but it has a fierce disposition to match the honey badger's.  The Tasmanian devil has one of the strongest (if not the strongest) bite forces in relation to size among all mammals.  The ratel's bite is strong as well, and its body is more robustly built than the devil's.  The ratel also has thick, loose skin than makes it impervious to many attacks (bites; bee stings, etc.) and has stronger limbs & claws.  Ratel wins.

7. Tasmanian devil vs Wildcat: These animals will be about the same size.  The Tasmanian devil has the stronger bite, and the wildcat has quickness & claws.  The Tasmanian devil will try to bite the wildcat as it gets into range, and the wildcat will use its claws to swipe at the tazzy.  A bite or 2 from the Tasmanian devil will likely take the fight out of the feline, and will probably force a retreat.  Close fight, but the strong jaws of the tazzy will be its ace-in-the-hole.  Tasmanian devil wins.

8. Marsupial Lion vs Bear dog (similar size): The marsupial lion & the bear dog were both solid, powerful animals with strong bite forces, but the marsupial lion was probably better in these categories.  The marsupial lion's bite was extremely strong, and it could tackle animals much larger than itself.  At similar weights the marsupial lion wins.

9. Warthog vs Cougar: The warthog can weigh 50% more than the cougar.  Cougars are excellent ambush predators, and can take down much larger prey than itself using this tactic.  Face-to-face encounter present a different challenge, but the puma is quick, agile, & well-armed.  Warthogs are nimble suids with long, curved tusks.  They have injured lionesses with these tusks, and lionesses are almost twice the weight of a cougar.  The cougar will find it difficult to close the distance on the warthog without getting tusked because the warthog can turn quickly to face an attacker.  At equal weight the cougar would have a decent chance to prevail, but here the suid is too big.  Warthog wins.

10. Hippo vs Dinohyus: Dinohyus was the size of a bison and had a large head with crunching jaws and dangerous canine teeth (tusks).  The healthy male hippopotamus can weigh over 2 tons (older ones exceed 3 tons) and has jaws (featuring huge lower canines and forward-pointing lower incisors) that can open over 1 meter wide.  The hippopotamus is capable of short bursts of speed on land, but its small legs (in proportion to its rotund body) make sustained mobility a challenge compared to animals that are entirely land-based.  The hippo is at home in the river where the water can help support its great weight.  The Dinohyus will try to use its better mobility to bite and tusk the hippo, and will probably succeed in causing injury to the larger hippo.  However, the hippo will try to bite Dinohyus with its massive jaws (the tusks could seriously wound the Dinohyus) and drive the incisors into its body.  The Dinohyus would probably inflict more injuries to the hippo than the other way around, but the hippo's less-frequent offense would be more substantial.  The Dinohyus would be able to avoid the jaws of the hippo at the onset, but chances are it will get caught at some point.  The Dinohyus can win this if it's careful, but more times than not the hippopotamus will prevail.  Hippo wins.

11. Silverback Gorilla vs American Black bear: The gorilla simply doesn't have the weaponry to compete with the black bear.  The bear will be typically heavier, but its claws are its trump card.  It has the ability to seriously injure the gorilla before the gorilla can mount much of an offense itself.  The gorilla has a dangerous bite and long, powerful arms, but it won't be able to significantly injure the durable bear before the bear's claws & jaws take their toll.  The gorilla would need a large weight advantage to be an adequate matchup for the black bear, and it just doesn't have it.  Black bear wins.

12. Chimpanzee vs Sun bear: These animals will be similar in weight, but the sun bear is better armed (long, sharp claws).  The chimp will have an advantage in mobility, but it will find it difficult to cause significant injury to the bear before it gets slashed by the ursid's claws.  The sun bear can also use its paws to control the chimp and bite it (the chimp can do this too, but it's bite won't be as potent as the bear's).  The sun bear (with its thick, loose skin) can take more damage than the chimpanzee can.  Sun bear wins.

13. Gray Wolf vs Chacma baboon: Gray wolves can weigh twice as much as a chacma baboon.  The grey wolf has endurance, a big bite, and predatory know-how on its side.  The baboon has mobility, arms to grab with, and a dangerous bite with long upper canines (almost 2" long).  The wolf will try to grab the neck of the baboon and subdue it, and the baboon will try to dodge the wolf's attack and land some bites of its own.  Good fight, but the wolf is too big, and the baboon will eventually succumb to the jaws of the wolf.  The wolf will have injuries, though.  A baboon weighing over 2/3rd the wolf's weight will give it a run for its money, but the wolf is too big in this particular matchup.  Grey wolf wins.

14. Olive Baboon vs Eurasian Lynx: These 2 will be similar in weight, but a big Eurasian lynx can be close to 10% heavier.  Olive baboons have stocky bodies compared to most other baboons.  They bring mobility, the use of hands, and a very dangerous set of upper canines to the table.  The Eurasian lynx brings speed, agility, a decent bite, & 4 sharp sets of claws to the arena.  The lynx would probably back down in a real-life encounter if these 2 were to ever meet, but a fight with willing participants would be close.  The lynx would need to use its claws to slash or to hold the baboon in place to deliver a neck bite before the sharp teeth of the baboon caused too many injuries to the lynx.  This would be a ferocious fight, and injuries would occur to both parties, but the baboon's ability to cause greater injury in a shorter amount of time should give it the edge here.  Close battle, but olive baboon wins.

15. Chacma Baboon vs Anatolian Shepherd: The baboon will weigh less than half of the Anatolian shepherd's weight.  Baboons have good lateral & vertical movement (can dodge & leap well), have hands to grab with, and long, sharp upper canines that can cause grievous injuries to an adversary.  The Anatolian shepherd will try to subdue the baboon with its large bite, and has the endurance to sustain an attack for a long time.  The baboon will try to counter by moving quickly to avoid the jaws and counter-attacking with its own set of teeth.  This fight certainly has the potential for 2 different outcomes, but the body of the baboon won't be able to withstand an assault by the large bite of this dog for long.  Some well-placed bites from the baboon's fangs can turn the tide quickly, but most of the time the larger canine will induce enough damage with its large jaws to overcome the smaller animal (assuming the dog is trained).  Anatolian shepherd wins.

16. Anatolian Shepherd vs Wolverine: The wolverine will be almost 30% of the Anatolian shepherd's weight.  Wolverines are one of the strongest mammals pound-for-pound, and it has thick fur to help buffer attacks.  The wolverine's jaws can crunch through frozen meat & bone, and its claws can grab or slice an opponent.  Anatolian shepherds are powerful dogs, with large heads & broad muzzles.  They are protective & territorial, and have been used to guard livestock against large predators.  The ferocious wolverine would likely send a typical pet Anatolian shepherd dog packing, but a trained Anatolian shepherd will simply be too big.  The wolverine will not have the resources to deal with a bite from a canine with this much of a weight advantage.  It's a tough fight for even a trained dog, and it will receive injuries, but it should prevail most of the time.  Anatolian shepherd wins.

17. Main event: Alpha Lion vs Silverback Gorilla: The lion would dominate this fight.  These animals can reach reasonably similar weights, but the gorilla would need a substantial weight advantage to compete with a lion.  Lions have greater quickness & agility, greater weaponry (jaws & claws), and killing know-how.  The gorilla may have more brute strength at equal weights, but it won't have an effective enough means of using that advantage before getting mauled by the lion.  I would easily favor a lioness to defeat a gorilla.

Good questions!
Best regards.

QUESTION: Hello BK, I'd like to thank you for answering my questions. I appreciate them from the core of my heart. But I have a little doubt,

1. I can't stop to think that you heavily, and I mean HEAVILY, underestimate Gorillas. You backed the Olive baboon to win rather than the lynx but the Gorilla has a much greater size advantage over the jaguar than the baboon over the lynx. And you know, they have enormous strength. I mean the Gorilla has great strength, size advantage, a nsaty bite and has lethal punches. But still, why can't it subdue the jaguar despite all of it's strengths?

2. Anyhow, people on the internet often say that the cougar has a 'combat friendly' body. What does that mean? Does it has to do with thick hide or something?

Lastly, I have some fights for you, here we go,

1. Olive baboon vs wolverine

2. Clouded Leopard vs Olive baboon

3. Well I somehow thought that your name may stand for Bully Kutta (sorry, no offence intended) so I was thinking about a Bully Kutta vs Sivas Kangal

4. Gull Terr vs Pitbull

5. Bully Kutta vs Wolverine

I often see Nile crocs in the wild being intimidated by hippo. Well crocs are armour plated and have a strong bite force. Despite their size, they still appear intimidated from the hippo. So this leaves me with two matchups.

6. Nile croc vs Hippo

7. Hippo vs saltwater croc

8. Hippo vs Leopard seal

9. Hippo vs Great white shark

10. Hippo vs Walrus (Tusks vs tusks, lol)

11. Dogo Argentino vs Bully Kutta

12. Dogo Argentino vs Gull terr

13. Epicyon vs Dire wolf

14. Bull Terrier vs Pitbull

15. African Buffalo vs Spanish fighting bull

16. Main event: (Hyenodon vs Helloid hahaha)

Lastly, thanks alot for your contribution to this site.....

Hello Jem.

Gorillas are indeed brutally strong animals, but they are typically peaceful.  Pound-for-pound, I don't rate them as highly as an olive baboon as a combatant.  Gorillas typically don't deal with other species in confrontations, but olive baboons deal with a variety of predators & adversaries in Africa (lions, leopards, hyenas, African wild dogs, chimpanzees, etc.).  Olive baboons are have greater mobility & leaping ability than gorillas, and can use their upper canines to greater effect than a gorilla would be able to if their sizes were equal.  I also rate jaguars much higher as combatants than I do a lynx.  Assuming their weights were equal, a jaguar would be much stronger than a lynx and have better weapons for quickly finishing a fight.  I definitely believe a gorilla has the ability to drive a jaguar away, but in a fight to the finish, the jaguar is too well armed and skilled at killing other animals to not be favored.  A gorilla looks physically impressive, but what an animal is physically capable of doing and what that animal will actually do are 2 different things.  A gorilla won't box like Rocky Marciano or tackle another animal to the ground like a wrestler and start pounding on it.  They aren't wired that way.  They primarily bite, but they don't have the same kind of precision to overcome another animal like a practiced predator would.  Jaguars know exactly what to do, and they do it well.  Gorilla vs jaguar is a close contest, but I wouldn't favor the gorilla to win unless it had a bigger weight advantage than just 50%.      

Cougars, like all big cats, have bodies packed with fast-twitch muscles that allow for explosive movements.  The shape & design of the body gives big cats great fighting ability for a limited duration.  Cougars are extremely flexible, and have greater range of motion in their spine & limbs than most other large animals.  It's hard to get a big cat into a position it can't fight back from (or twist out of).  Cougars can use their fantastic body design to effectively use their weapons (jaws & paws) in a variety of ways and from many different positions.  I'm guessing that when people refer to the cougar having a "combat friendly" body, this is what they mean.

1. Olive baboon vs Wolverine: The baboon would be almost twice the weight of the wolverine.  Wolverines have great strength, good endurance, thick fur, and formidable jaws & claws.  Olive baboons are among the stockiest of all baboons, and have upper canines almost 2" long that can cause serious, penetrating wounds to an attacker.  Almost nothing on the planet will get the better of a wolverine at equal weights, but an olive baboon with a 95% weight advantage will have a decent chance.  The baboon's mobility & sharp teeth are key.  Olive baboon wins.

2. Clouded Leopard vs Olive Baboon: The clouded leopard will weigh a little over 60% of the baboon's weight.  Both of these animals have good mobility, and both possess dangerous bites with long, upper canines.  The clouded leopard has the advantages of agility, quickness, bite force, claws, and a know-how of finishing an opponent with a precisely-placed bite.  The baboon will attempt to bite & stab with its teeth anywhere it can, and will use its size advantage and grabbing hands to help control the positioning of the fight.  At closer weights I would favor the cat, but the baboon is a little too big here.  Olive baboon wins.

3. Bully Kutta vs Sivas Kangal: The Bully Kutta is heavier than the Kangal (from 20-35%).  Bully Kuttas are powerful & intelligent, and have thick bones & wide jaws.  They are very agile for their size.  Bully Kuttas have been used in the past for hunting, guarding, and fighting.  Kangals are strong, solid dogs with large heads & wide jaws.  They have one of the strongest bite forces among dogs, and have been used in the past to guard livestock.  Both are capable combatants, but the Bully Kutta is larger.  Bully Kutta wins.

4. Gull Terr vs Pitbull: The Gull Terr will weigh about 50% more than the American pitbull terrier.  The Gull Terr is an energetic dog that has been used for bear-baiting & dog fighting in the past.  It is fast & aggressive.  The American pitbull terrier is solid & muscular, and has a broad head with powerful jaws.  Its background as a fighter makes it naturally aggressive toward other dogs.  Pitbulls are pound-for-pound at the top of the heap in regards to combat among dogs.  Gull Terrs are highly skilled as well, but the American pitbull terrier has been bred to succeed in dog vs dog encounters.  Pitbull wins.

5. Bully Kutta vs Wolverine: The Bully Kutta can weigh more than 4 wolverines.  The Bully Kutta would rush in to latch onto the wolverine with its jaws, and the wolverine would likely use its powerful paws to cling to the dog (or claw it) and bite strongly with its sharp teeth.  Not an easy fight for the Bully Kutta, but its massive size advantage will give it the victory most of the time.  Bully Kutta wins.

6. Nile croc vs Hippo: Hippos weigh 2 to 3 times as much as a Nile crocodile.  Hippos can dominate crocodiles because their jaws (and huge canines) are able to inflict serious damage to the reptile in a very short amount of time.  The girth of the hippo makes it hard for the crocodile to be able to open its jaws wide enough to grab onto any meaningful location on its body.  A crocodile weighing close to a hippo's weight would be a match for it in the water, but most hippos are way too large for a crocodile to deal with.  Hippo wins.

7. Hippo vs Saltwater Croc: Saltwater crocodiles are a little larger than Nile crocodiles, but they are still are less than 40% of the mammal's weight.  For the same reasons stated for the Nile crocodile matchup, the hippo wins.

8. Hippo vs Leopard Seal: The leopard seal is an aggressive & active predator, but it only weighs 1/6th of a large hippo.  On land the seal would have no chance (would get trampled or chomped), and in shallow water the seal wouldn't be able to land enough bites on the hippo before it got caught in the hippo's huge jaws.  The only place the leopard seal would prevail is in deep water where it would have a distinct mobility advantage (hippos can't swim and would be forced to walk on the bottom or bounce up and down as it moved about).  It would still take the leopard seal a long time to significantly injure the hippo, though, and one wrong move could spell disaster.  Overall, however, hippo wins.

9. Hippo vs Great White Shark: These 2 will weigh about the same (hippo can get larger), but it can't really be a fair fight.  On land the result would be obvious (the hippo would have fish 'n' chips), and in the deep water the hippo wouldn't be able to swim and would be outmaneuvered and massacred by the shark's deadly teeth.  In shallow water, the shark's vertical movement would be greatly hindered, and the hippo's bite would cause serious wounds to the shark as it swam close.  As long as the hippo isn't completely submerged, it should have the edge in a confrontation.  

10. Hippo vs Walrus: Hippos are usually heavier than walruses (around 50% more).  Hippopotamuses have jaws that can open almost 4ft wide, and they have large teeth that can bite & slash opponents.  Walruses have thick, tough hide that gives them great protection from many attacks and long tusks (around 3ft long) that can be used to stab.  If a hippo battled a walrus on land, the hippo would be able to move around much easier than the walrus could.  It could bite the walrus and probably avoid getting stabbed with its tusks most of the time.  The hippo's bite wouldn't be able to get through the hide of the walrus easily, but it could do it using the sharp-edged lower canines in its jaws.  The walrus could injury the hippo with its tusks if the hippo got into range, but the walrus would have a hard time hitting its mark without being able to move around well.  In shallow water, the walrus could move around a little better, but it wouldn't be enough to give it a good chance against the larger hippo.  In water deep enough for the walrus to swim around freely, it would gain the upper hand against the hippo.  It would be able to swim around easily and stab the hippo with its tusks.  Hippos can't swim, but they walk along the bottom of the river and push off on the ground to bounce up and down when they move about.  Hippo wins on land or in shallow water; walrus wins in water over 5 or 6 ft deep.

11. Dogo Argentino vs Bully Kutta: The Dogo Argentino will weigh less than 60% of the Bully Kutta's weight.  Dogos have been used for boar hunting & fighting, and have deep chests and muscular hindquarters.  Dogo Argentinos have box-shaped heads, short muzzles, & strong jaws.  Bully Kuttas are agile & skilled combatants, and will have enough of a weight advantage to be favored in this matchup.  Bully Kutta wins.

12. Dogo Argentino vs Gull Terr: These dogs weigh about the same (and they kinda look the same at a glance).  Dogos have been used for boar hunting & fighting, and have deep chests and muscular hindquarters.  Dogo Argentinos have box-shaped heads, short muzzles, & strong jaws.  The Gull Terr is an energetic dog that has been used for bear-baiting & dog fighting in the past.  It is fast & aggressive, and a highly-skilled combatant.  The Dogo will probably have the strength advantage, but the Gull Terr will be faster & more relentless.  Gull Terr wins.

13. Epicyon vs Dire wolf: I'm not very familiar with Epicyons, but apparently there are 2 types.  Epicyon haydeni was about twice the weight of a dire wolf, and Epicyon saevus was about 85% of a dire wolf's weight.  Epicyons had dog-like bodies and cat-like heads (with bone-crushing jaw power).  Dire wolves were about the size of today's largest wolves, but were more robust (but with relatively short legs).  At equal weights I would give the Epicyon the edge, but at the given weights here I would favor the dire wolf over Epicyon saevus.  Epicyon haydeni would be too large for a dire wolf to handle.

14. Bull Terrier vs Pitbull: The Bull Terrier will weigh about 30% more than the American pitbull terrier, but it will be outmatched.  The pitbull has a more powerful body, and even though the fight may last a while, it should wear the Bull terrier down.  Bull Terriers have an egg-shaped head with vice-like jaws, and their tenacity & willingness to battle is on par with the pitbull's.  However, the slighter build of the Bull Terrier will allow the pitbull to gain better control in the conflict.  Bull Terriers are great to breed with mastiffs to inject their assets (big jaws & unrelenting tenacity) into a more powerful body, but they aren't on a pitbull's level as they are.  Pitbull wins.

15. African Buffalo vs Spanish fighting bull: These animals will be close to the same size.  African, or Cape, buffaloes have thick, curved horns that point down & then up, and the base forms a shield of bone (called a boss) to help shield the skull from injury.  African buffaloes are ill-tempered by nature (and can't be domesticated), as they have to deal with attacking lions, hyenas, and African wild dogs.  They have been known to kill lions in confrontations, and it usually takes multiple lions to bring one down.  Spanish fighting bulls are very well-muscled in the neck, shoulder & back areas, and have sharp, forward-curving horns that are in great position to impale an attacker.  These bulls can make violent, powerful movements, and are typically very aggressive.  It's hard for most domestic animals to compete with a wild one that deals with the kind of adversity it faces, but the nature of what a Spanish fighting bull does puts it on par with many non-domesticated animals.  At equal weights, this fight is 50/50.

16. Main event: Hyaenodon vs Helloid: The largest Hyaenodon was Hyaenodon gigas, which weighed anywhere from the weight of an adult lion (230kg) to half-a-ton.  It resembled a large hyena (but wasn't kin to hyenas).  It had bone-crushing strength in its jaws.  Here is the original description of Helliod as written by its creator (Tejas):

"tenacious, 250 kilogram mustelid. 4 inch canines, 4 inch claws. 1500 pound bite force. Excellent swimmer. Speed 80 km/h (running). Mainly terrestrial animal. Opportunistic ambush predator. Thick fur with random sharp bristles measuring 1 cm in length as defense. Jet-black in color, superb night-vision, both nocturnal and diurnal. Excellent sense of smell, able to smell a drop of blood 70 m away. Lives in packs of up to 50 in number, headed by an alpha male and an alpha female. Females and males equal in size.
Males experienced in combat, but still prefer ambush attack. Bristles can detect the slightest sound vibrations."

The Helloid might weigh only 55% of the Hyaenodon's weight, but it is much better equipped for combat.  Its physical attributes & weaponry would give it a decent chance against the Hyaenodon (whose only weapon is its jaws).  The 4-inch claws would be key, as they could cause serious injury with little effort.  Tough fight because of the weigh difference, but would favor the Helloid.

Thank you for the kind words.  Your questions are always interesting, and most of your matchups are really close!

Best regards.

Interspecies Conflict

Questions regarding animal conflicts within realistic or unrealistic settings are welcome; my strength lies in medium-to-large species. Small animals (including birds of prey), prehistoric animals, sea creatures, and domestic dog breeds are usually within my scope, but to a lesser degree. I can't confidently answer hypothetical questions about human vs animal, arachnids, insects, or amphibians, but I am willing to field them nonetheless.

From a young age, I have been interested in animals. Starting with the original Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom and World Book Encyclopedias, I have seen many animal shows and documentaries and have read multiple books on the subject. I have a solid understanding of the physiology of many animals and interspecies conflict in general.

Associate degree in unrelated field; biology classes in college.