Interspecies Conflict/More fights

Hey BK, thanks for your good work always. I've got some more fights for you.

1: Triceraton vs. wolverine at parity (I imagine that the wolverine would have enough gameness to persist in attacking despite the poison breath)

2: Triceraton vs. two alpha male chimps

3: Triceraton vs big, angry male kangaroo

4: Six enraged sexually aroused rutting bull elk vs. one enraged rutting black rhino

5: Spotted hyena vs. boar at parity

6: Triceraton vs. polar bear at normal weights

Hello Martin.

Here's the recap of the description of Triceraton:

General description: A large adult male triceraton stands about 6' high and weighs circa 200 kg. It has a very low fat content; all of its weight is in its armored hide, its muscles, and its dense bones. Counting the tail, it is around 11' long. Although an exclusive herbivore, it is very aggressive and territorial, and is very intelligent. It is equally quadripedal and bipedal (it is bipedal while feeding/traveling; it is bipedal in combat). In build, it is like a heavily muscled (particularly in the legs) man with a powerful, alligator-like tail. It has the tough, leathery frill of a triceratops, a massive, crushing beak, and the normal horns (one short, somewhat swept-back nose horn and two longer forehead horns). Its entire body is very heavily armored, similar to rhino skin, with a thick, osteoderm-covered hide and parts of it (the outer surfaces of the arms and legs especially) are essentially impenetrable. The only "weak" areas are its joints and, particularly, the back of its neck, behind its frill.

Weaponry: First and foremost, the triceraton runs at full speed at its opponent and rolls up into a ball, hurtling into them with great force. It needs at least 100 feet to do this with optimum impact. In close quarters, it uses its massive, swift, and powerful tail to stun and knock down its foe. It can also, by crouching down and taking a deep breath first, emit, via glands in the back of its throat, a noxious cloud whose effects are similar to tear gas. The effective range of this gas is about 10 feet with maximum breath. However, the most devastating weapon of the triceraton is, by far, its monstrous bite. Its beak (whose edges are made of a constantly-growing rim of self-sharpening bone) has a tremendous gape, close to 20", and at parity the triceraton has about three times the bite force of a spotted hyena. Since triceraton is about three times the size of a spotted hyena, it has nearly nine times the jaw force of a hyena. It can easily bite a human cleanly in half, as well as nearly anything else it can fit its jaws around. When it feels very threatened or trapped, the triceraton is capable of leaping high into the air and landing repeatedly on its enemy's head. Triceraton does not normally swipe/slash with its arms (albeit it has fairly sharp claws normally used for grasping vegetation, and it does try to grab and grapple in close quarters with them similarly to a bear). It does not use its horns much in serious combat either, albeit sparring males use them to joust.

Attributes and weaknesses: The triceraton can run as fast as a lion for moderate distances and has about the same endurance as one, and is just as ferocious when threatened. Its durability is on par with a rhino, if not more, and no creature can withstand a direct bite. Even if it doesn't get its mouth around its victim's torso or throat, it will cleanly snap off any legs in its way. However, it is not particularly agile in close proximity, about the same as a spotted hyena. Most fit humans should be able to avoid its cannonball attack by moving to the side at the last moment. It always seeks to stun its opponent (by hitting them in its cannonball attack, with its tail, or with its cloud of noxious breath) before getting into position and finishing them off with its killing bite. The majority of agile animals, even though they can do little or nothing to harm Triceraton, should be able to dodge its attacks long enough to escape (if they want to).

1: Triceraton vs Wolverine (at parity): Wolverines are tough customers for anything in their weight range, but the multi-faceted attack employed by Triceraton should be enough to give it the edge.  The armored hide of Triceraton will protect it from most of the wolverine's offense, and its strong bite can wear the mustelid down.  Triceraton wins.

2: Triceraton vs 2 alpha-male chimps: Triceraton will weigh as much as 3 chimpanzees.  Chimpanzees are strong & intelligent (and can be aggressive), but they aren't great finishers in confrontations.  They usually employ a visual display of aggression to intimidate rivals, and their bites can cause nasty wounds, but they don't have the killing know-how of a big cat or similar predator.  Triceraton's armored hide would make it immune to most of the chimps' bites, and its own bite would seriously wound the primates.  Triceraton has too many weapons at its disposal to lose to the smaller chimpanzees.  Triceraton wins.

3: Triceraton vs big, angry male kangaroo: A red kangaroo can weigh 91kg.  The kangaroo's only effective offense in this fight will be the blunt-force trauma created by its powerful kicks, and that won't be enough.  The kangaroo won't be able to avoid the "rolling attack" or the powerful bite of Triceraton.  The marsupial is giving up too much weight & ability.  Triceraton wins.

4: 6 enraged sexually-aroused rutting bull elk vs. 1 enraged rutting black rhino: The black rhinoceros will weigh about as much as 3 elks.  The black rhino is built like a tank, and can generate a massive amount of force with its lunges & turns.  Its long horn can easily impale each elk with fatal results, and the head of the rhino can smash into each cervid with profound effect.  The antlers of the elk are widespread & pointed, but the animal won't have the power to wield them effectively against the much stronger rhino.  The group of elk will bounce off of the rhino when contact is made, and the force applied by the rhino's charge will easily break bones.  The elk simply don't have the power to pull this off.  Black rhino wins.

5: Spotted hyena vs. Wild boar (at parity): The spotted hyena can win this, but it will need to have a specific plan of attack that includes clamping onto the neck of the wild boar & not letting go.  A hyena is somewhat ungainly in its movement, and would not be able to easily avoid the tusks of the boar.  The hyena is durable, but the nimble boar will be able to slash it before a good bite is landed on most occasions.  The boar's hide is tough as well, and the hyena's bite will need to be precise to have great effect.  Animals like bears & big cats that attack boars have the advantage of being able to hold the suid with paws (for control) & continue to attack with jaws.  The hyena only has jaws as an offense.  If the hyena can latch onto the throat and hang on with persistence, it can wear the boar down & subdue it.  A determined hyena might succeed here, but most hyenas will back off once they get tusked a time or 2.  On most occasions (in a real-life situation), the boar will get the better of this confrontation.  Edge to wild boar.

6: Triceraton vs. Polar bear (at normal weights): The polar bear will weigh over 3 times as much as Triceraton.  Triceraton will have the agility to avoid most of the bear's offense, and it will be imperative to avoid getting grabbed by the ursid.  Polar bears are extremely powerful, but they lack the lateral movement necessary to dodge a "rolling attack" from Triceraton.  The sensitive nose of the polar bear will be greatly affected by the noxious gas emitted from Triceraton, and its offense won't be accurate as a result.  It make take some time, but an alert Triceraton should prevail.  Triceraton wins.

Best regards.  

Interspecies Conflict

Questions regarding animal conflicts within realistic or unrealistic settings are welcome; my strength lies in medium-to-large species. Small animals (including birds of prey), prehistoric animals, sea creatures, and domestic dog breeds are usually within my scope, but to a lesser degree. I can't confidently answer hypothetical questions about human vs animal, arachnids, insects, or amphibians, but I am willing to field them nonetheless.

From a young age, I have been interested in animals. Starting with the original Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom and World Book Encyclopedias, I have seen many animal shows and documentaries and have read multiple books on the subject. I have a solid understanding of the physiology of many animals and interspecies conflict in general.

Associate degree in unrelated field; biology classes in college.