Interspecies Conflict/Ratings, cats, and snakes

Question
Brygmophyseter shigensis vs leviathan melvillei
Mosasaurus vs megalodon
Colossal squid vs leopard seal
Pleistocene cave hyena vs deinonychus
Colossal squid vs saw tooth shark
Titanoboa  vs daeodon
Titanoboa vs bison
Can you rate the following animals stamina approximately, from 1 to 100
Horse
Kangaroo
Ostrich
Camel
Jaguar
Which animal is the pound for pound stronger?
Lion vs hyena
Do you think that a mobility advantage is more importantvin the water than on the land?
Besides experience, what physical adaptation makes a black bear a better climber than a tiger?
Also can you rate the agility of the following animals?from 1-100
Lion
Grizzly bear
Black bear
Leopard
Cheetah
Hyena
Wolf
Can you rate the following animal's reflexes from 1-100
Tiger
Mongoose
Cougar
Margay
Black bear
Wolf

Answer
Hello Johnny.

Brygmophyseter shigensis vs Leviathan melvillei: These animals had similar attributes (large jaws with teeth on top & bottom used to aid in predation; swimming mobility), but the Leviathan melvillei was much larger.  At equal weights this would be a close rumble, but at this weight disparity the larger animal will prevail.  Leviathan melvillei wins.

Mosasaurus vs Megalodon: Mosasaurus weighed less than 1/3rd of Megalodon's weight.  Mosasaurus had 4 flippers & a rudder-like tail that enabled it to move through the water with great agility, and had strong jaws that could crush most things it latched onto.  However, the much larger Megalodon had huge jaws lined with razor-sharp teeth that could create massive avulsions in adversaries (or prey), and could make movements quick enough to snare most things that approached it.  A parity fight would favor the more maneuverable Mosasaurus, but the shark has a sizeable advantage at these weights.  Megalodon wins.

Colossal squid vs Leopard seal: The colossal squid would be slightly heavier than the leopard seal.  The leopard seal is very agile in the water and has powerful jaws that can seriously wound an adversary.  The colossal squid is usually sluggish (and waits for prey to come into range before ensnaring it), but can quickly wrap up a nearby animal with a short, quick burst of speed.  The 2 things to be considered here are whether or not the squid is quick enough to ensnare the seal when it comes in for a bite, and whether or not the seal can escape from this predicament.  On most occasions, I think the squid will be quick enough to do this, and on most occasions I think the seal will have trouble escaping from the grip of the many tentacles.  The leopard seal can win if it attacks from the right angles & remains wary of the colossal squid's arms, but the squid should be favored most of the time.  Edge to colossal squid.

Pleistocene cave hyena vs Deinonychus: The Pleistocene cave hyena will weigh about 40% more than the Deinonychus.  The cave hyena was robust & durable, and had bone-crushing jaws.  Deinonychus was armed with curved claws to kick with & jaws to bite with.  The cave hyena would certainly eat a kick or 2 coming in, but it should be tough enough to latch onto the dinosaur with its jaws if it's determined.  If the cave hyena is tentative & stays in range of Deinonychus' kicks, it will be quickly overcome & succumb to blood loss.  However, if the hyena clamps on tight, it will cause more damage by its violent head-shaking than the Deinonychus will cause to it with counter-bites (the kicks will probably be useless with the hyena staying close depending on the hyena's bite location).  The dinosaur might be favored at parity, but not when it's this much smaller.  Pleistocene cave hyena wins.

Colossal squid vs Saw tooth shark: The saw-toothed sharks (sawsharks) aren't as large as sawfish, and would be dwarfed by the colossal squid.  The shark wouldn't be able to cause enough damage to the squid before getting wrapped up, and would have little means of escape.  If you are by some chance referring to a sawfish, it indeed has the size & weaponry to incapacitate a colossal squid before it gets wrapped up more times than not.  

Titanoboa vs Daeodon: Titanoboa would weigh 10-15% more than Daeodon.  Titanoboa, on land, has poor mobility & endurance, and it will have a short amount of time in which to encoil Daeodon.  Daeodon has a dangerous bite & tusks, and can cause a lot of damage to Titanoboa with these weapons.  Titanoboa will bite Daeodon with its jaws to create an anchoring point, and will attempt to wrap its powerful coils around the entelodont to suffocate it.  The attacks by Daeodon may be random & uncalculated, and it may not realize what kind of danger it's in (once wrapped up it won't be able to escape), but it should cause enough damage to wear the snake out before the coils get too advanced in their positioning.  Close to 50/50 on land; slight edge to Daeodon.  Shallow water (or deep water) would heavily favor the snake.

Titanoboa vs Bison: Titanoboa would weigh 10-15% more than the bison.  Titanoboa will employ the same tactics here as it would with Daeodon, but the bison will have one less weapon to use because it doesn't have a dangerous bite.  The bison won't be able to cause as much damage to Titanoboa as Daeodon would, and the chances of the bison wearing out the snake before it got encoiled aren't great.  Edge to Titanoboa on land; any water depth used will strongly favor the snake.

Rating of stamina (approximate) 1-100

Horse: Some horses can run long distances without tiring & can't pull loads for an extended period of time, while others can't run long distances without tiring but can pull heavy loads a good distance before tiring.  As with humans, you have your sprinters & weightlifters in the horse world.  Maybe an 85.

Kangaroo: Another animal known for endurance.  Probably between an 85 and a 90.

Ostrich: Birds typically have good endurance, and the ostrich is known for it.  Probably a 90.

Camel: The camel is known for its great endurance. 100.

Jaguar: Made for quick, powerful bursts of energy, but not great endurance.  Maybe a 50.

Q: Which animal is stronger pound-for-pound; lion or hyena?
A: The lion is stronger.

Q: Do you think that a mobility advantage is more important in the water than on the land?
A: I think they're close to even in importance in each location.  On land, mobility essentially deals with 2 dimensions (the plane of front-to-back & side-to-side), and in the water it deals with 3 dimensions (front-to-back, side-to-side, & up-and-down).  With potential opponents in each location that may have similar movements, it's important for an animal to be more mobile than any adversary.

Q: Besides experience, what physical adaptation makes a black bear a better climber than a tiger?
A: The claws of the black bear are shaped perfectly for digging into the bark of a tree, and its strength & endurance allows it to scoot up a tree with little delay.  A friend of mine who spends a lot of time in the woods shared with me a time he witnessed a black bear climb a tree, and mentioned how he was amazed at the speed & ease at which the bear accomplished this.  In the same way a polar bear has claws suited for snaring seals & gripping ice, the black bear has claws made for climbing.  Because a tiger can climb too, the strength & endurance of the bear (which exceeds the tiger's) might be better answers for this specific question.  It takes strength to hold onto a tree despite one's body weight, and it takes endurance to remain in place or in motion when on the side of a tree (and the black bear is better at this than the tiger).  

Rating of agility (approximate) 1-100

Lion: Cat are at the top in this category.  100.

Grizzly bear: Can change multiple positions rapidly, but it too heavily built to compete with the cats.  85 or more.

Black bear: 85 or more (might edge out the grizzly with its lighter build).

Leopard: 100.

Cheetah: Not built to be quite as agile as the big cats overall, but faster in a straight line & perhaps making turns.  95 or more.

Hyena: Somewhat clumsy, but can make some motions fluidly.  Maybe a 70.

Wolf: Agile with running & making turns, but not so much with leaping & changing multiple positions rapidly.  80.

Rating of reflexes (approximate) 1-100

Tiger: Cats are the king of reflexes among mammals.  100.

Mongoose: Very fast animal (can avoid cobra strikes), but was introduced to areas to combat rattlesnakes & didn't fare so well (rattlesnakes strike much faster than cobras).  Probably close to 90.

Cougar: 100.

Margay: 100.

Black bear: Great with its paws, but other reflexes aren't quite as fast.  Maybe an 80.

Wolf: Can make certain quick movements in reaction to stimuli, but overall not as quick as cats.  Maybe around 75.

Best regards.

Interspecies Conflict

BK