Interspecies Conflict/animal tournament

QUESTION: Hello again BK,
I am back with a lot of questions.
(a)Lets have an animal fight tournament-
Contestants are-
1.60 kg leopard
2.65 kg cougar
3.185 kg wildebeest
4.180 kg zebra
5.185 kg waterbuck
6.85 kg warthog
7.115 kg giant panda
8.120 kg sloth bear
we will arrange fight according to their serial numbers
1 vs 2
3 vs 4
5 vs 6
7 vs 8
and will continue until we got the winner.All are determined to fight.
(b)Some fights
1.24 kg male awd vs a 13 kg male coyote and a 11 kg female coyote
2.equal sized clouded leopard and wolverine
3.37 kg striped hyena vs 45 kg grey wolf
4.7 kg ocelot vs 13 kg male coyote
5.american bison vs cape buffalo at max
6.american lion vs siberian tiger vs sabre tooth tiger
7.small female asian elephant 2000 kg vs male white rhino 2000 kg
8.siberian tiger vs bengal tiger equal size
9.average alaskan malamute vs average beauceron
10.small female 90 kg asiatic lioness vs massive 85 kg male leopard
(c)Lets say hypothetically all animals become similar in size then who will prevail?
lion vs leopard
clouded leopard vs leopard
bengal or sumatran  tiger vs leopard
cougar vs ocelot vs asian golden cat
fishing cat vs bop cat
wolverine vs tasmanian devil vs honey badger
maned wolf vs cheetah vs serval
(d)I know estimating animal bite force is difficult but can you give me estimations of them:
2.lioness or lion
3.sumatran tiger
4.spotted hyena
5.gray wolf
16.sabre tooth tiger  
17.smallest subspiecies of crocodiles or alligator
19.clouded leopard
20.snow leopard
21.honey badger
23.grizzly bear
24.american black bear
25.sloth bear
26.striped hyena
27.brown hyena
sorry for so many questions

ANSWER: Hello again Mukul.

A: Animal tournament:

60kg leopard vs 65kg cougar: Close fight.  Leopard has a more muscular head and shoulder area, but the cougar has longer legs and a better reach.  At equal weights I favor the leopard, and the weight diffence here is small.  Slight edge to the leopard.

185kg wildebeest vs 180kg zebra: The wildebeest has horns and the zebra doesn't, but the zebra has brutally strong kicks and will not hesitate to bite.  Edge to the zebra.

185kg waterbuck vs 85kg warthog: The waterbuck has a good weight advantage here, but their horns are not positioned for combat as well as the tusks of the warthog.  The buck could drive the warthog away, but in an actual fight the suid would have a better chance of seriously injuring the waterbuck more so than the other way around.  Edge to the warthog.

115kg giant panda vs 120kg sloth bear: The panda is more robust than the sloth bear, but the sloth bear has long, sharp claws and can be quite aggressive.  Pandas are normally peaceful (but can be dangerous if angered as with most animals) and don't deal with the level of predator interaction the sloth bear does (tigers & leopards).  Sloth bear has the edge.

60kg leopard vs 180kg zebra: The leopard is only 1/3rd the weight of the zebra, but its agility should keep it out of range of the zebra's kicks for the most part.  It will need to jump on the zebra and hold on tight while securing a neck bite.  Not as easy task at all, but I would slightly favor the leopard.

85kg warthog vs 120kg sloth bear: The bear is too big for the warthog here.  It can use it paws to control the hog and bite it or pull it down.  The tusks of the warthog will be a concern, but the larger bear has the weaponry and ability to pull this off.  Sloth bear wins.

60kg leopard vs 120kg sloth bear: Bears and big cats are usually good matchups at parity, but a bear twice the weight of any cat has to be favored.  Sloth bear wins the fight and the tournament.

B: Fights:

24kg african wild dog vs 13kg male coyote & 11kg female coyote: The African wild dog will be too big.  The 2 coyotes can give it a go, but the wild dog's strong bite would quickly dispatch either of the smaller coyotes if it got a hold of one.

clouded leopard vs wolverine: On average the wolverine will be about 75% of the clouded leopard's weight.  The wolverine is robust, very strong for its size, has a crushing bite, and has good endurance.  The clouded leopard has the edge in quickness & agility and sports 2-inch canines in its jaws.  At average sizes I favor the clouded leopard as its bite has the ability to end this fight quickly, but the fierce wolverine would probably prevail at equal weights.

37kg striped hyena vs 45kg grey wolf: This is close to the average weights for both animals, and it makes for a good battle.  Both animals have dangerous bites.  The striped hyena is a bold animal, routinely confronting other predators to take over kills.  The grey wolf is more of a team hunter than a one-on-one combatant, but it is still capable.  Slight edge to the fiesty striped hyena.

7kg ocelot vs 13kg coyote: There are many situations where a smaller felid can take on a larger canid and prevail, but this is not one of them.  The ocelot isn't as formidable pound-for-pound as, let's say, a clouded leopard, but it can fight if it needs to defend itself.  Ocelots don't take large prey, and aren't used to tackling animals larger than themselves.  The coyote would have the advantage here.

american bison vs cape buffalo: The bison can max out at over a ton in weight, and the Cape buffalo seldom exceeds 3/4 of a ton.  The bison has a very robust neck and shoulder area (its body in front of its shoulders is close to the weight of its body behind the shoulders) and fights primarily by using its head as a battering ram.  The Cape buffalo is not as stocky, but is still a well-proportioned & powerful animal.  It is very agressive, well-practiced in battling predators, and has horns that curve outward that it uses to gore adversaries with. At these weights the bison would dominate this encounter.  I would still favor the massive bison at parity, but only slightly so.

american lion vs siberian tiger: The American lion was typically larger than the Siberian tiger.  At parity it would be close, but any lion with a weight advantage over a tiger should be favored.

american lion vs sabre tooth cat:  If we use the largest saber-toothed cat (Smilodon populator), it will be close to the same size as the American lion.  The Smilodon populator was a very powerfully-built cat (almost bear-like) and had two long upper canines used to impale the necks of prey.  I would give the saber-toothed cat the edge over an equally-sized American lion based on this.  The smaller saber-toothed cats would lose to the lion.

siberian tiger vs saber tooth cat: The Smilodon populator would be too large for the Siberian tiger.  If we use the next largest saber-toothed cat (Smilodon fatalis), we would have similar-weight combatants.  At equal weights I would favor the Smilodon for the same reasons I favor an equal-weight one against the American lion.

2000kg female asian elephant vs 2000kg male white rhinoceros: In most encounters in the wild, elephants dominate rhinos.  However, they usually enjoy a hefty weight & size advantage.  With the weights evened up, I would favor the white rhinoceros.  Its long front horn is one of the most formidable weapons in the animal kingdom, and it has the positioning to be more combat-effective than the tusks of an equal-sized elephant.

siberian tiger vs bengal tiger (equal weights): Very close to even.  The Siberian tiger has a thicker coat that might give a tad bit more protection, but it's not a pronounced advantage.  Any other physiological advantage by either animal would be subtle.

average alaskan malamute vs average beauceron: The Alaskan malamute is powerful, heavy-boned dog with good endurance & a gentle disposition.  They average between 34-38.5kgs.  The Beauceron is large, solid & muscular. Courageous & hardworking, it has been used to guard & herd.  It averages abound 40kgs, but can reach weights up to 50kgs.  Due mainly to the smaller average size & milder temperament of the Alaskan malamute, I favor the Beauceron in this matchup.

90kg asiatic lioness vs 85kg male leopard: The lioness wins this.  She's close in strength to the leopard, but she's the more practiced fighter (even though she typically takes smaller prey than her African counterparts).  The tom won't yield easily, but he's slightly outmatched.

C: Similar-sized matchups:

lion vs leopard: The lion will win.  Lions are constantly battling to keep their territory (and their females) safe from other lions.  Fighting is something they're used to.  The solitary leopard will typically back down from fights against similar-sized predators because it can't afford to get injured.  It hunts on its own, and an injured leopard has no backup plan.  The leopard can definately fight, and does when it has to, but the lion is too much to overcome.

clouded leopard vs leopard: Close fight, but the leopard is pound-for-pound the physically stronger animal.  The clouded leopard has 2-inch canines and can be a dangerous opponent because of them, but the leopard will prevail.

bengal or sumatran tiger vs leopard: Very close fight, but tigers have the edge in interspecies combat.  Tigers ambush water buffalo & gaur, and rumble with bears & crocodiles from time-to-time.  Tigers are bold and aggressive.  The leopard is physically as strong (pound-for-pound), but is a little lower on the totem pole in regards to fighting.

cougar vs ocelot: Cougars take larger prey in proportion to their size than do ocelots.  They are physically more imposing, and would win at equal weights.

cougar vs asian golen cat: Cougar is physically more imposing than this cat as well.  Cougar wins.

ocelot vs asian golden cat: Ocelots typically take prey smaller than themselves, but the Asian golden cat is capable of taking larger prey.  The ocelot can be a fierce fighter, but here it will come up short.

fishing cat vs bobcat: The fishing cat's head and neck area is a little more robust than the bobcat's, but it has no other profound advantage.  The bobcat is well-known for its ferocity, and tackles prey larger than itself at times.  The fishing cat primarily eats fish (hence the name).  At equal weights the bobcat has the edge.

wolverine vs tasmanian devil: The Tasmanian devil's bite is one of the strongest in proportion to body size in the animal kingdom, but its body is not as strongly built as the wolverine's.  It will get a few bites in, but it will be overpowered by the wolverine.

wolverine vs honey badger: This is a close fight.  Both have strong bites, sharp claws, and fierce temperaments.  The honey badger is less robust, but its hide is very tough, loose, and hard to penetrate.  Close to 50/50.

tasmanian devil vs honey badger: The honey badger wins for the same reasons the wolverine wins.

maned wolf vs cheetah: Cheetahs don't have the same powerful builds as other large cats (like the leopard & cougar).  Instead, they have bodies built for great speed.  In Africa, where they live, they cannot (on most occasions) take on any predator close to their weight range.  The maned wolf, however, usually takes on small prey items and is not built as solidly as wolves or coyotes.  It is tall, slender, and built like a fox.  This fight could go either way.  The cheetah would need to tackle the maned wolf, hold it down, and finish it with a bite to the throat.  The maned wolf will try to land multiple bites on the cheetah to subdue it, and will have the advantage in endurance if the battle lasts longer than a few minutes.  Close to 50/50.

maned wolf vs serval: The serval is a slender, athletic cat with long legs and is the acrobat of the cat world.  It can run swiftly and leap high in the air to capture flying birds with great precision.  It has a smaller head in proportion to its body than most other medium-sized cats.  It fights by striking with its claws.  The maned wolf has a more effective bite for combat than the serval, but it will be hard-pressed to land a bite on the quick & agile cat.  The serval probably won't be able to kill the maned wolf, but it will get the better end of the initial skirmish.  In a fight to the death I would favor the maned wolf slightly, but in a regular encounter I would favor the serval.

cheetah vs serval: The cheetah is built for speed; the serval for agility.  Their builds are actually similar at a glance, but the cheetah's bite is stronger and the serval's claws are sharper.  Because the cheetah has the ability to finish with a throat bite, I lean slightly to its side.  

D: Bite force is not my forte, but I'll tell you what I know of each animal's bite.

baboon: high bite force not needed (omnivorous); long sharp canines

lioness/lion: probably more than 300kg/400kg

sumatran tiger: maybe 250kgs or more, not sure

spotted hyena: over 450kg; bone-crushing jaws

gray wolf: probably around 220kg

puma: not sure; kills with suffocating neck or snout bite

leopard: large head; probably between 200-250kgs, not sure

ocelot: probably not much; small prey

serval: probably less than the ocelot

caracal: more than ocelot

coyote: not sure

german shepherd dog: possibly over 100-110kg

african wild dog: very strong bite for its size; possibly well over 130kgs

dhole: not sure

dingo: not sure

sabre-tooth tiger: strong head and shoulder muscles indicate bite force high (probably exceeds lions & tigers at parity), but sabres weren't driven through muscle & bone.  Killed by controlling prey and driving sabres through area of throat that offered little resistance.

smallest crocodiles/alligators: dwarf crocodiles & chinese alligators probably have bite forces somewhat less in proportion to their bodies as their larger relatives do; not sure

gharial: nowhere close to similar-sized crocodiles & alligators (probably quite weak); fish diet doesn't require high bite force

clouded leopard: presence of long canines as killing method make bite force probably less than similar-sized Arabian leopard; probably more than caracal

snow leopard: less than African leopard; maybe comparable to puma?

honey badger: not sure

wolverine: can crush frozen meat & bone; 200kg range?

grizzly bear: probably close to similar-sized big cat; large bear probably over 400kg

american black bear: weaker than grizzly; not sure on exact force applied

sloth bear: same as above

striped hyena: smaller than spotted hyena, but jaws proportionally close in force applied;
somewhere between spotted hyena and grey wolf

brown hyena: same as above

Best regards

QUESTION: I am back with more questions.
(a)Again can you give me average height of these animals
4.striped or brown hyena
5.thomson gazelle
6.grants gazelle
9.eurasian lynx
10.snow leopard
11.african lioness
12.african lion
15.gray wolf
16.coyote backed jackal
18.golden jackal
19.sloth bear
20.american black bear
21.sumatran tiger
(b)Can you rate these animals  about their agressiveness out of 100?
4.honey badger
10.bengal tiger
11.african lion
15.bop cat
16.eurasian lynx
17.snow leopard
18.golden eagle
20.cape buffalo
23.gray wolf
27.white or black rhino
(c)Can you rate these animals about their agility out of 100?
4.asian golden cat
7.bengal tiger
8.eurasian lynx
9.gray wolf
(d)Can you give me average hunting success rate of each animal?
asiatic lion
snow leopard
golden eagle or bald eagle
red tailed hawk
nile croc
(e)I am now giving the names of predators who will hunt these prey
cougar for grants gazelle in open savannah
leopard for white tailed deer in dense forest
lion pride for gaur in dense forest
(f)Lastly animal fights:
average gorilla vs average warthog
average panda vs average gorilla
average wildebeest vs average gorilla
average warthog vs average wildebeest
average blackbuck vs average spring bok
average impala vs average spotted deer
90 kg jaguar vs 105 kg male sumatran tiger
105 kg male sumatran tiger vs 115 kg lioness
50 kg sun bear vs 50 kg snow leopard
baboon vs caracal
baboon vs awd
45 kg sun bear vs 75 kg spotted hyena
average female leopard vs average female spotted hyena
just like spotted hyena in which female is bigger than male, do brown,striped hyena or aardwolf shows same chracterstics?  

ANSWER: Hello again Mukul.

A: Average heights (approximate):
serval 21"
ocelot 16"
margay 13"
striped hyena 28"
brown hyena 30"
thomsons gazelle 26"
grants gazelle 34"
impala 33"
springbok 30"
eurasian lynx 25"
snow leopard 22"
african lioness 38"
african lion 43"
dhole 20"
dingo 21"
gray wolf 32"
coyote 22"
black-backed jackal 16"
golden jackal 16"
sloth bear 32"
american black bear 36"
sumatran tiger 30"

B: Aggressiveness ranking (approximate):
1.  hippopotamus 95
2.  honey badger 90
3.  wolverine 90
4.  black rhinoceros 90
5.  leopard 87.5
6.  bengal tiger 87.5
7.  african lion 87.5
8.  jaguar 87.5
9.  cape buffalo 85
10. tasmanian devil 85
11. cougar 82.5
12. bobcat 82.5
13. elephant 80 (if in musth it would be 100)
14. ocelot 75
15. dhole 75
16. caracal 72.5
17. golden eagle 72.5
18. white rhinoceros 70
19. eurasian lynx 70
20. african wild dog 70
21. hyena 70
22. snow leopard 67.5
23. gray wolf 67.5
24. dingo 65
25. coyote 65
26. serval 60
27. warthog 60
28. gorilla 50 (unless defending troop)

C: Agility ranking (approximate):
1.  ocelot 95  
2.  asian golden cat 92.5
3.  caracal 92.5
4.  cougar 92.5
5.  eurasian lynx 90
6.  leopard 90  
7.  bengal tiger 87.5
8.  jaguar 85
9.  jackal 82.5
10. dhole 80
11. gray wolf 77.5
12. coyote 75
13. dingo 75
14. warthog 67.5

D: Average hunting success rate (approximate):
asiatic lion 10-15% alone (rate doubles with a pride)
leopard 10-15% (seen as high as 23%)
puma over 50%; perhaps as high as 60% (seen as high as 82%)
jaguar 10%; perhaps higher
wolf as low as 10%; they test many prey items before actual kill
snow leopard probably around 10%
caracal probably 20-25%
ocelot close to 50%
cheetah 50%
dhole probably 80% in a pack for medium prey; much less for large prey
golden eagle 30%
bald eagle 30%
red-tailed hawk 30%
nile crocodile probably 10% (failed attempts on large prey often occurs)

E: Animals hunting:
1. The cougar would not have success in a savannah unless it ambushed the gazelle.  The cougar would only be able to match the gazelle's speed for a very short time, then the gazelle would pull away.  The cougar can't match a cheetah's speed, and that's the only land predator that can catch up to a gazelle in a wide-open chase.  If the cougar takes cover and charges from a short distance away, it can possibly catch the startled antelope.

2. A leopard would have no trouble preying on white-tailed deer in a dense forest.  It would likely lie in wait (possibly from in a tree) and rush in for the kill when the deer got close.  The forest would provide many hiding places (unlike an open savannah) for the leopard to patiently wait.

3. A lion pride would be able to hunt gaur in a dense forest, but their strategy would need to be amended slightly.  When hunting Cape buffalo, they try to isolate a member of the herd and gang up on it.  Sometimes they boldly move toward the herd in plain view to start a stampede, and pick off a lagging member.  The lions would probably need to ambush a straying member and approach from different sides.  Gaurs, like Cape buffalo, often stick together when attacked and even out the numbers advantage of the predators.  As far as the actual attack goes, several lions could certainly pull this off, but it won't be easy.  Gaur are larger than Cape buffalo (largest wild bovid on the planet), but are not quite as aggressive.  Still, their size makes them dangerous quarry for any predator.

F: Animal fights:

average gorilla vs average warthog: If we use average Eastern gorilla (352lbs) and the average common warthog (220lb), we'll have a decent battle on our hands.  Gorillas aren't used to taking on animals other than other gorillas face-to-face, but they have strong, clubbing forearms and a nasty bite.  Warthogs deal with hyenas, lions, and leopards (among others), and know how to use their tusks against these predators.  The gorilla has a size advantage, but what the ape can physically do and what it actually will do are 2 different things.  It can't box like Rocky Marciano and it won't have the instincts to form a specific strategy without being familiar with the suid.  It can win this encounter by chance, but if the warthog is determined to attack, it will probably seriously injure the gorilla before it gets seriously injured itself.

average panda vs average gorilla: Another close fight.  The average panda weighs around 220lbs, and we'll use the same 352lb gorilla.  The panda bear is robust and strong, but is usually timid (as is the gorilla).  However, if angry, they can be dangerous (as with the gorilla).  Pandas have strong jaws capable of a crunching bite and sharp claws.  In a real-life encounter the gorilla would probably intimidate the panda into a quick retreat, but an actual fight would probably find the panda capable of injuring the gorilla more effectively than the other way around.  At these weights, it could go either way, but I slightly favor the bear.

average wildebeest vs average gorilla: a Blue wildebeest can average around 475lb.  It is likely too large an opponent for the non-predatory 352lb gorilla to deal with.  The wildebeest deals with various predators (much like the warthog) and is battle-tested.  The gorilla will not tackle the antelope like a football player and start pounding on it.  It's not what they do.  Again, the gorilla is physically capable of performing the actions necessary to easily subdue the wildebeest, it just won't know how.

average warthog vs average wildebeest: A 220lb common warthog will be facing an uphill battle against a 475lb wildebeest.  The warthog can win with its dangerous tusks, but the wildebeest's horns are positioned well enough to be combat-effective in this matchup.  This is definitely not a mismatch, but the wildebeest is favored.

average blackbuck vs average springbok: both of these antelopes would average over 80lb (the blackbuck slightly heavier).  The blackbuck has a somewhat heftier build, and would favored in this matchup.

average impala vs average spotted deer: These antelopes both average the same in adult males (120lbs or so), and are similar in build.  The impala has sharp horns that curve up and back, and the chital has antlers that are angled a little more to the front than the impala's horns.  Probably an even contest.

90kg jaguar vs 105kg sumatran tiger: Of all the big cats, the jaguar is the strongest pound-for-pound (although some sources cite the leopard for this distinction) and proportionately has the strongest bite (which it uses to bite through skulls and backs of necks).  It has short, stocky legs and well-developed shoulder and neck muscles for tackling prey.  All species of tigers have a reputation as stellar hunters, but they are also fantastic fighters.  At equal weights I would favor the jaguar against any other cat, but 15kgs is too great an advantage for the tiger.  Edge to the Sumatran tiger.

50kg sun bear vs 50kg snow leopard: The sun bear is not as powerful pound-for-pound as a brown bear or even a black bear, but it brings a lot to the table.  It is known to be a fierce fighter, and has long, sharp claws that can do a lot of damage.  The snow leopard is also not as formidable pound-for-pound as the larger big cats, but it can tackle prey over 3 times its weight.  In a normal encounter, the sun bear would drive the snow leopard away, but in a fight to the finish I would favor the more-predatory snow leopard.  Close fight, though.

baboon vs caracal: The Guinea & Hamadryas baboons are the closest in size to the caracal.  Baboons have dangerous upper canines (up to 2-inches long) they use to bite enemies with.  These can cause grievous injuries in a short amount of time.  The caracal has a strong build, and its claws are its main tools in a fight (it will bite as well).  The caracal has the advantage of being a predator capable of killing prey larger than itself, as well as quickness & agility.  The baboon is almost as quick & agile, but it is chiefly an omnivore.  The caracal will need to cause enough damage with its claws to the baboon before it receives too many significant bites.  Against these 2 species, I would slightly favor the caracal at equal weights.  The heavier and more robust Olive & Chacma baboons would probably be too tall a task for the caracal (even at close weights).

baboon vs african wild dog: The Guinea & Hamadryas baboons would probably be outmatched against the predatory African wild dog, but their sharp canines give them a fighting chance.  The Yellow baboon would be an closer match, as it is a bit larger, but only a large one would be favored.  The Olive & Chacma Baboons would win most of time against the wild dog.  African wild dogs know to avoid large baboons when their paths cross.

45kg sun bear vs 75kg spotted hyena: The hyena is too big here.  At equal or slightly less weights I would favor the sun bear (claws, aggression, endurance), but 30kgs is too big a difference.  Spotted hyenas are notoriously durable and can withstand a lot of punishment before relenting.  With a bone-crushing bite in its arsenal, it will be hard to bet against the hyena here.  The sun bear would need to weigh at least 65-70kgs to be favored here.

average female leopard vs average female spotted hyena: Female leopards, on average, are about 70% the weight of a female spotted hyena.  Although leopards have formidable teeth & claws (and quickness & agility), the hyena has a stronger bite, greater durability, and better endurance.  Most encounters in the wild between these 2 animals end up with the leopard giving way because it can't afford a serious injury (if it's too hurt to hunt it will starve).  If a leopard fought a hyena of equal weight and threw caution to the wind, it would win on most occasions.  With the weights of these 2 female combatants (about 45kg & 63kgs), the hyena will be favored on most occasions.

Spotted hyena females are heavier than male spotted hyenas, but this is not true for the brown & striped hyenas.  Both genders of the brown hyena are about the same size, and the striped hyena male is slightly larger on average than the female.

Best regards.

QUESTION: Hello again,
(a)Lets say(hypothepically)there`s a tug of war match between these animals,what do you think would win most of the time?
1.Average leopard or A. cougar
2.A.hyena or 80 kg jaguar (I think hyena would win most times,even then a jaguar has a weight advantage.It is because a hyena has a much powerful jaw even that of a jaguar,and its jaws are built for doing things like dragging,crushing etc.It also has stamina advantage whereas jaguar doesn`t have.What do you think?)
3.A.wolf or A.leopard
4.A.sun bear or A.snow leopard
(b)Do in some areas grants gazelle,springbok,impala,thomson gazelle interact each other?If not why not?
(c)Do caracals exist in asia?I have heard that in india some caracals are found.
(d)I have heard in nepal, that in one national park exists 6 wild cat species Eurasian lynx,clouded leopard,leopard cat,leopard,snow leopard,asian golden cat.But all these cats are at different altitude.Do they still interact each other?
(e)Can you give each animals information on their habitat,territory size,distribution,diet,interaction with other predators and at what altitude did they are found?
1.A.dingo vs A.serval
2.which is better at killing a warthog and wildebeest,leopard or cougar?
I think leopard at warthog,cougar at wildebeest because leopard is in same height as warthog and its weapon are more suitable at killing warthog and cougar is somewhat bigger than leopard so for him its wildebeest.What do you think?
3.beauceron vs doberman vs german shepherd vs olive baboon
4.average asiatic lioness vs average jaguar
5.huge male leopard vs small asiatic lioness(in a tree hypotepically)
6.american black bear vs bengal tiger(in 3 ft deep water)
7.A.african lioness vs A.american black bear
(g)Can you rank these animals according to their ability to climb a tree in order from best to worst?
3.snow leopard
4.bengal tiger
8.clouded leopard
9.eurasian lynx
12.asian golden cat
13.leopard cat
14.cheetah bear
assume the tree is strong and tall with no branches in the lower side ,all animals are average.
Are sloth bear,panda,moon bear,sun bear good as grizzly and american black bear in water?

Hello Mukul.

A: Tug of War:

leopard vs cougar: A leopard is generally considered to be the 2nd strongest big cat pound-for-pound (after the jaguar) and frequently hauls big game up trees.  The cougar has giant springs for legs and has exceptional leaping ability.  In a tug-of-war, I would favor the leopard.

hyena vs jaguar: The jaguar would win.  The hyena has brutally strong jaws that can clamp on tight, but the jaguar has a much more muscular body from head to tail.  While the hyena's front end is robust, its back end is smaller.  Jaguar takes this.

wolf vs leopard: Leopard is stronger, but the wolf is used to grabbing on tight and pulling.  Close contest, but the average leopard has a size advantage.  Leopard wins.

sun bear vs snow leopard: I'd give this to the bear.  Their sizes will be close, but a bear is typically stronger than a equal-sized cat.  The cat is more powerful (power is strength + speed), but pure strength would be a better asset here.

B: Springbok live in south & southwest Africa, and their range doesn't extend to the range of the impala & the gazelles.  Both of these gazelle species & the impala live together (primarily on the eastern side of the continent) in various areas.  At times, they actually form mixed herds.  Much in the way zebra & wildebeest travel & graze together, these antelope mingle as well.

C: The caracal lives primarily in Africa, but its range extends into Asia (including west India).  Although it is common in Africa, it is rare in Asia.

D: Nepal national park: There are several national parks in Nepal, but the variety of habitat (savannahs, forests, mountains) make the chances good for it being what each animal is used to living in (regardless of which park it is).  Most of these animals would interact, but the snow leopard lives at elevations as high as 5000m.  It occasionaly drops down as low as 1200m during the colder months.  At this lower elevation, it would likely run into the Eurasian lynx (and on rare occasions the leopard cat & clouded leopard), but not the others.

E: Information on animals in park: For this information, I will primarily reference "Smithsonian Animal: A Definitive Visual Guide" (mammal section by Dr. Juliet Clutton-Brock & Dr. Don E. Wilson).

eurasian lynx: Eurasian lynxes live from N. Europe to E. Asia in mixed forest, open woods, & rocky mountain slopes.  Overall, this cat is plentiful, but it remains rare in W. Europe.  It consumes deer, goat, sheep, and other hooved mammals (up to 4 times its own size).   It occasionally eats pikas, birds, & hares.  Its main enemies include the grey wolf and the wolverine.  Less common interactions include Siberian tiger & the snow leopard.  It can live at altitudes as high as 2500m.  Its territory is typically 120sq miles or more.

clouded leopard: Clouded leopards live in SE Asia, primarily in southern China and Eastern Nepal.  The Bornean clouded leopard lives primarily in Sumatra & Borneo.  They typically lived in mixed forests & in mountainous regions at low elevations (even though they have ventured to very high elevations).  They are very adept tree climbers.  They are known to eat monkeys, fish, porcupine, deer, birds, & other small animals.  Their territory is typically around 15sq miles.  Enemies are few, with only occasional brushes with tigers & leopards.

leopard cat: The leopard cat lives in Southeast Asia, including India, east & south China, & Indonesia. They prefer forested areas & lower mountain elevations, but sometimes reach altitudes of 1000m.  Their range can be between 10-15sq miles.  The leopard cat primarily preys on rodents, birds, & insects.  Tigers, leopards, and wild dogs can be threats to this cat.

leopard: The leopard lives all across central & southern Africa, and across southern Asia.  They prefer savannahs & forests.  They typically populate lower elevations.  Leopards eat a variety of prey including antelope, monkeys, warthogs & birds.  They occasionally cross paths with lions & hyenas, and usually avoid them.  However, conflicts with hyenas over kills are common.  Pythons are a danger as well, as leopards have been on the winning & losing end of these confrontations.

snow leopard: Snow leopards live in central Asia (primarily the areas in and around west China) in rocky brush, grasslands, and conifer forests up to 5000m.  Their territory can be up to 40sq miles.  Snow leopards eat yak, wild boar, wild sheep, goats, marmots, pikas, hares, & birds.  The snow leopard sometimes comes into contact with gray wolves, and although they can dominate a one-on-one situation, they will typically avoid them (where there's one there's usually more).

asian golden cat: Asian golden cats live in various areas in southeastern Asia in forested & mountainous areas (sometimes reaching elevations of over 2 miles).  This cat preys on deer, small mammals, & reptiles.  Territory range can be 15-20sq miles.    

F: fights:
1. dingo vs serval: The dingo would win.  The serval is a small-game hunter, but is not equipped to deal with the dingo and its larger bite.  The serval would have the agility to keep the dingo at bay for a spell, but the dingo's bite would do a lot more damage to the serval than the weapons of the serval could do to it.  Dingoes take prey items larger than a serval does.

2. A leopard would be better than a cougar at killing a warthog or a wildebeest because it actually does this.  A cougar kills deer, elk, etc., and would certainly be capable of taking a wildebeest or a warthog, but a leopard is more practiced at it.  A cougar would be better at taking an elk, I'm sure.

3. Dog vs Dog vs Baboon: The 3 dogs are close pound-for-pound.  The beauceron reaches 50kg, and the doberman & the german shepherd can reach 41kg.  The beauceron is probably the most solid of the 3, although all 3 are muscular.  With these given weights I would rank them beauceron, german shepherd, & doberman.  The olive baboon can reach over 37kg, and is a very stocky animal (compared to some other baboon species).  It has long upper canines that can cause grievous wounds to the dogs, and its mobility will make this a real possibility.  The dogs would lose to the baboon on most occasions.

4. Jaguar vs Lioness: The largest jaguars average around 100kgs and the Asiatic lioness averages 113kg.  At equal weights I would favor the jaguar, but with these weights I favor the lioness.

5. Leopard vs Lioness: Depends on the size of the lioness.  The leopard can reach 91kgs, and a small Asiatic lioness could be anywhere from well below 100kg (for a sub-adult) to well above 100kg.  A small adult lioness will probably still exceed the weight of the leopard, and would be able to best it in a physical confrontation.  At equal weights it is close; slight edge to the lioness.

6. Black bear vs Bengal tiger in 3ft of water: This battle would see both animals being submerged at various points.  If the weights are maximum for healthy full-sized adults, the black bear will have the weight advantage.   The tiger would probably be more at home in the water than the bear.  The explosiveness of the tiger would enable it to dictate the positioning more often than not, and it might be able to clamp its jaws onto the bear's throat or neck area.  The bear's swipes will do some damage, but in the water their effectiveness will wane.  It will probably be more of a biting affair.  Edge to the tiger.

7. Lioness vs Black Bear: At average weights, the bear will weigh close to the weight of the lioness.  Its average weight varies from region to region, but this is probably close to a parity fight.  At equal weights I favor the lioness, as she is quicker, has greater agility, and is used to tackling large animals.  The black bear doesn't have the huge paws and prominent shoulder hump of its relatives (brown bears including grizzlies), but its strength & endurance will make it a worthy adversary.  Once the black bear starts weighing 20-25% more, I will favor it.

G: Climbing Ability (5-11 is approximate):
1.  margay
2.  clouded leopard
3.  ocelot
4.  leopard
5.  leopard cat
6.  black bear
7.  cougar
8.  snow leopard
9.  asian golden cat
10. caracal
11. eurasian lynx
12. serval
13. lion
14. bengal tiger
15. gorilla
16. cheetah

H: Swimming Bears: All bears can swim, and the frequency of which they do this probably determines which ones are the best at it.  Polar bears are absolutely the best at it, and I would probably rank the grizzly bear next, followed by the black bear.  However, after the polar bear, they are probably comparable.

Best regards.

Interspecies Conflict

Questions regarding animal conflicts within realistic or unrealistic settings are welcome; my strength lies in medium-to-large species. Small animals (including birds of prey), prehistoric animals, sea creatures, and domestic dog breeds are usually within my scope, but to a lesser degree. I can't confidently answer hypothetical questions about human vs animal, arachnids, insects, or amphibians, but I am willing to field them nonetheless.

From a young age, I have been interested in animals. Starting with the original Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom and World Book Encyclopedias, I have seen many animal shows and documentaries and have read multiple books on the subject. I have a solid understanding of the physiology of many animals and interspecies conflict in general.

Associate degree in unrelated field; biology classes in college.