Interspecies Conflict/island adaptability

Question
hello BK its nice to see someone new on this site for this subject.

anyway my question in a hypothetical and even i will admit somewhat realistic situation where advanced aliens like something out of ancient aliens somehow created an island around the size of the country of Sudan with an equal amount of water area which would then be surrounded by massive rocks like someone would see on the fictional skull island to keep its inhabitants inside with a mixture of habitats including grassland, tropical rainforest, swamplands, mangroves, cloud forest, coral reefs and deep ocean terrain at a depth of 2500 feet what animals would be able to survive starting with this list of creatures from the Devonian era
Hyneria
Dunkleosteus terrelli
Titanichthys termieri
Bothriolepis maxima

i do apologize if i rambled or anything like that.

Answer
Hello Daren.  Thanks for the welcome.

There's a large range of animals (present-day & prehistoric) that could feasibly survive somewhere in this ecosystem.  Because of the wide diversity of life that would be essentially crammed into an area the size of a square with sides 853 miles long (984 miles per side if we're talking about the original Sudan), there would be a lot of interaction between species that may never have been meant to co-exist (if it were filled with all the animals that could survive in each particular area).  We would have to pick and choose which animals we would insert in each location, and then hope it would work.  Based on animals that have interacted well together (fellow grazers like wildebeest & zebra, predator/prey relationships like wolf/deer, groups of predators that compete but still survive like jaguar/black caiman/anaconda), we can create possibilities that have a decent chance to work.  Sometimes, however, it doesn't work out as planned.  Most people are familiar with how mongooses sometimes kill cobras, and have a reputation for being "snake killers" in zoology (and literature).  In an effort to control rattlesnake populations, some mongooses were imported to do the job.  Rattlesnakes strike much faster than cobras, and the mongooses found killing them quite problematic.  For easier targets, the mongooses turned toward chickens & other small farm animals and ended up being a bigger problem than the rattlesnakes they were brought in to control!  Sometimes something may look good on paper, but be disastrous in reality.  Here's how these animals listed would probably fare:

Hyneria: This fish would have hung out in shallow-to-medium depth water in various locations in the ocean.  It got close to the size of a large swordfish, and may have been heavier.  it may have briefly come onto shore to pursue prey.  It was probably a faster, more agile swimmer than Dunkleosteus, and it would have needed to stay out of that particular predator's way.

Dunkleosteus: This "giant armored fish" would be one of the dominant ocean-dwellers, and probably combed anywhere from the depths to the shores for a meal.  This fish was the length of a killer whale, but not as robust.  The front half of its body was armored, including a head that featured extremely powerful jaws.  The bite force of this fish is said to have exceeded that of modern-day alligators & crocodiles (and perhaps much more).  

Titanichthys termieri: This large (similar to Dunkleosteus in size) fish probably would hang out near the bottom of the ocean hunting for small sea life.  It would probably not run into Hyneria, but encountering Dunkleosteus would have been a very real (and grim) possibility.

Bothriolepis: This armor-covered fish is small in comparison to these other giants (up to 3ft long), and would  probably frequent rainforest, mangrove, and swampland waterways.  It might encounter Hyneria (if it came near a shoreline of an ocean), but its armor would possibly give it protection from consistent attack.

With these animals patrolling this ecosystem, I would probably add the more adaptable ocean animals in hopes they would integrate well.  Sharks & crocodiles have been around a long, long time, and would probably do well here.  I would include herbivores like deer & antelope to provide prey for areas like the grasslands and forested areas, and adaptable predators like wolves & lynx.  The rainforests would mirror the ones of the present (jaguar, monkeys, tapirs, birds), and the swamps would have alligators & fish (among other things).  There are many things that would need to be considered (insects for pollination, scavengers for cleanup purposes, proper balance of predator/prey, etc.), and fine-tuning this ecosystem without time and adaptation would be next to impossible.

Feel free to ask again if I didn't focus on a particular subject enough or if you need clarification on any part of this answer.

Best regards.

Interspecies Conflict

BK