Interspecies Conflict/Fights

Question
1.All animals are average sized.Fights:
dhole vs bob cat
Alaskan Malamute vs German shepherd
Japanese Akita vs Beauceron
Musk Ox vs Elk
Sambhar vs Zebra/Wildebeest
Red deer vs Wildebeest
Mountain goat/bighorn sheep vs gray wolf
Blue wildebeest vs sable antelope vs gemsbok
Fishing cat vs ocelot

thanks

Answer
Hello Mukul.

Average-sized fights

dhole vs bobcat: The dhole will be about 30% heavier than the bobcat.  The bobcat's aggressiveness, agility, & sharp claws will serve it well here, but it will find it difficult to dispatch the larger animal.  Dholes has short, thick jaws with strong bites, and are practiced at tackling large prey items (in a group).  This is a very close fight, but the dhole has the edge if it fights to the end (the cat will tire out first).  In a realistic confrontation, the bobcat will be fierce enough to repel the dhole.

alaskan malamute vs german shepherd: The German shepherd will be slightly heavier.  The Alaskan malamute is a powerful, heavy-boned dog, but it has a gentle disposition.  German shepherds are muscular & intelligent, and have been trained as working/police dogs.  German shepherds have even temperaments, but a trained one can be aggressive upon command.  The Alaskan malamute is stronger, but the German shepherd has a little more spunk in it.  Slight edge to the German shepherd, but if the Alaskan malamute was trained it could prevail.

japanese akita vs beauceron: In the past, Akitas have been developed as fighting dogs and hunters of large game.  They are heavy, courageous & wary, have powerful jaws, and make excellent guard dogs.  They don't get along with other dogs all of the time.  Beaucerons are solid, muscular, courageous, & intelligent, but not quite on the same level as the Akita in terms of combat.  The Akita will be about 20& heavier, and should prevail in this matchup.

muskox vs elk: The muskox is a shaggy, compact bovid with sharp, curved horns.  It typically battles others by charging & ramming, but can employ a "hook & toss" action with its horns.  The elk is a tall, solidly-built cervid with long, sharp, branching antlers that can be utilized as effective weapons (or as a barrier).  The elk will be about 20% heavier.  The elk can certainly wound the muskox with its pointy antlers, but the muskox could stun the elk with a charge & headbutt if the cervid doesn't get out of the way.  The muskox may be smaller, but it will be a little stronger pound-for-pound.  Can go either way, but I give the slight edge to the sturdy muskox.

sambar deer vs zebra: The zebra will be anywhere from 10-25% heavier (depending on species), and is a hardier animal.  The sambar deer has antlers to use in a conflict, but the zebra can bite and deliver strong kicks with its hooves.  The heavier zebra has the edge here.

sambar deer vs wildebeest: This will be antlers vs horns.  Both animals are similar in pound-for-pound strength, but the sambar deer will be about 25% heavier.  This weight advantage will give it the edge.

red deer vs wildebeest: The red deer has wide, thick antlers with multiple points, but it will only weigh about 70% of the wildebeest's weight.  The wildebeest has horns that curve outward & up (and slightly forward), and are well-positioned to use effectively in a fight.  Edge to the larger wildebeest.

mountain goat vs gray wolf: The wolf will weigh about 40% of the goat's weight.  Mountain goats can be quite aggressive when defending themselves, and have sharp, curved horns.  Wolves aren't as adept as fighting solo as in a group, and a single wolf will find it difficult to breach the mountain goat's defenses on most occasions.  Mountain goat wins.

bighorn sheep vs gray wolf: The bighorn sheep will weigh over twice as much as the wolf, and has large, thick, curved horns that can be employed as a battering ram.  The wolf will be nimbler, and will try to avoid the sheep's charges and find openings in which to land some bites (and eventually find a good area to clamp on to and not let go).  The bighorn sheep's method of attack (ramming with its head) will be hard to apply against the quicker canid.  It may take a while, but a persistent wolf will have the endurance and bite to eventually get this done.  Edge to the wolf.

blue wildebeest vs sable antelope: The sable antelope will be slightly heavier (maybe 10%).   The wildebeest has medium-length horns that curve outward & up (and slightly forward), and the sable antelope has large, thick horns that curve backwards.  Both animals can be aggressive, but the sable antelope has a reputation for doing well against attacking lions.  Edge to the sable antelope.

blue wildebeest vs gemsbok: These animals can be similar in weight (slight edge to the gemsbok), and this battle could go either way.  The wildebeest has medium-length horns that curve outward & up (and slightly forward), and the gemsbok has long, straight (or slightly curved) horns that point to the rear of the animal.  The blue wildebeest's horns are better suited for quick, repeated jabs for accumulated damage, but the spear-like horns of the gemsbok could serious injury to the wildebeest with one well-placed stab.  The wildebeest may get the better of the encounter from the onset, but the gemsbok's horns will likely find their mark before the wildebeest can gain the advantage.  Edge to the gemsbok.

sable antelope vs gemsbok: These animals will be equal in weight.  The sable antelope has large, thick horns that curve backwards, and the gemsbok has long, straight (or slightly curved) horns that point to the rear of the animal.  The sable antelope can be quite aggressive, and it should be able to cause enough damage with its horns to establish its dominance before getting speared by the gemsbok.  The gemsbok can finish with a well-placed stab, but the sable antelope will be too combative for it on most occasions.  Edge to sable antelope.

fishing cat vs ocelot: The fishing cat will weigh just under 90% of the ocelot's weight, but this fight will be close.  Ocelots typically catch larger prey items than the fishing cat does, and would probably be better suited for combat against another animal.  Slight edge to the ocelot.

Best regards.

Interspecies Conflict

BK