Interspecies Conflict/Interspecies Conflict

Question
i'm sure these are weird, but i like them
moose vs giant eland
Gigantopithecus vs short faced bear
rodeo bull vs bear( who isn't an herbivore, but still)
woolly rhino vs woolly mammoth
ceratoaurus vs short-faced bear
american lion vs ussuri brown bear
gorilla vs wildebeest
gorilla vs tiger
gorilla vs three wolves
gorilla vs smilodon populator
american grizzly bear vs smilodon

Answer
Hello Johnny.  This question had been moved to the question pool; hope you don't mind if I answer it for you.

moose vs giant eland: The moose will only be 70-80% of the eland's weight.  The moose's antlers are large and wide, and would serve as a barrier between itself and the eland, but wouldn't be able to be used offensively to cause serious wounds to the larger antelope.  The moose could use them to try to push or ram the eland, but the eland's larger size will give it the edge in a battle of strength.  The eland is more agile than the top-heavy moose, and will eventually find an opening to stab with its spiral horns.  At equal weights I would slightly favor the moose (because it would then be the stronger animal), but with the weight advantage here the eland would be favored.

gigantopithecus vs short-faced bear: Gigantopithecus blacki weighed over half a ton, and was believed to have physical similarities to today's gorillas & orangutans.  Short-faced bears weighed close to a ton (larger than today's largest bears).  The bear would easily overpower the ape, and use its claws to great effect.  Even at equal weights the bear would dominate this encounter.

rodeo bull vs bear: Only the largest bears (Kodiak bear/polar bear) would have a chance here.  The rodeo bull will typically exceed the weight of any bear, and bear's aren't accustomed to tackling large, mobile opponents with the bull's level of weaponry.  Rodeo bulls can make quick, powerful, turning movements to gore with their horns or kick with their hooves, and a bear won't have the mobility to get out of the way.  The bear's paw strikes won't have as much effect as the bull's charges, and a paw swipe would have to be precise to have a serious effect on the bovid.  The bear might opt to grab the bull's head and try to control it (and wrestle the bull to the ground), but the larger bull will likely still find enough separation distance during the struggle to plow into the bear with its horns.  The bear can win this, but everything would need to perfectly fall into place for it to succeed.  Most of the time the rodeo bull will be too much for the bear to handle.

woolly rhino vs woolly mammoth: This matchup would be similar to a white rhinoceros vs an African elephant (these modern versions were the same size as the prehistoric ones).  I slightly favor a rhino over an elephant at equal weights, but here the woolly mammoth will be 65-70% larger.  The horn of the woolly rhino is an effective weapon, but the size, strength, and massive tusks of the woolly mammoth will be too much for the rhino to deal with.  The tusks of the mammoth weren't positioned to stab effectively, but the force of any part of the tusks slamming into an opponent could have caused prominent concussive injuries.  The woolly mammoth would win this matchup a large majority of the time.

ceratosaurus vs short-faced bear: These animals would be close in weight.  Ceratosuarus would try to bite the bear, and the bear would likely use paw swipes initially before attempting to topple the dinosaur with its strength.  The short-faced bear wasn't built quite as robustly as today's brown bears, and probably didn't have the same level of grappling strength.  Against the taller Ceratosaurus, the bear would have sustained several bites before it could wrestle the dinosaur long enough to compromise its balance.  Bears are tough and durable, but it won't be able to take too many bites from the large jaws & teeth of the Ceratosaurus before succumbing to its wounds.  The short-faced bear is certainly capable of winning here, but it will probably be overcome by the dinosaur more times than not.  Close fight.

american lion vs ussuri brown bear: The American lion was much larger than today's lions, but the Ussuri brown bear can still get larger (approximately 40% larger).  Brown bears are a close match for lions at equal weights, but the size advantage of the brown bear here will swing the advantage in its favor.  The American lion have more agility & quickness (and finishing experience), but the bear would be stronger and have much greater endurance.  The lion's attacks could be repelled by the bear most of the time.  The bear's ability to turn quickly and utilize its claws against an opponent attacking from the rear will help it here.  The bear is too large for the cat to defeat.

gorilla vs wildebeest: The gorilla would be about 75% of the wildebeest's weight.  Gorillas aren't used to taking on large animals (outside their species) in face-to-face confrontations.  Although the gorilla possesses the physical ability to subdue the antelope, it doesn't have the know-how.  It won't know to tackle the wildebeest like a football player and start pounding on it.  Gorillas just don't do that.  Wildebeests are battle-tested, and would be able to use its horns effectively against the ape.

gorilla vs tiger: There are several species of tigers of various sizes.  The gorilla would be completely outmatched against most of them.  Siberian tigers & Bengal tigers will be larger than the gorilla, and their agility, jaws/claws, & killing experience will enable them to make short work of any gorilla.  Gorillas are very strong (and have clubbing forearms and strong bites), but they aren't used to taking on similar-sized predators as formidable as a tiger.  The tiger's claws would cause serious injuries to the gorilla, and the cat's agility would enable it to get into a position to land a finishing bite to the neck or throat.  A gorilla would have to be close to twice the weight of a big cat to compete with it, and only the Sumatran tiger falls into that category (I would still favor the tiger, however).  A leopard or puma would be well within a gorilla's capabilities to defeat face-to-face, but even that wouldn't be a guarantee.  Once cats start approaching the size of a jaguar or a Sumatran tiger, they become too much for a gorilla to deal with.   

gorilla vs 3 wolves: A gorilla can weigh as much as 3 wolves combined, but it will be in trouble here.  The wolves will work well as a team, and will use their greater mobility to dart in and out while landing bites from all sides.  The gorilla won't be quick enough to use its clubbing forearms to great effect, so its chances of taking out any of the wolves is small.  If it manages to get a hold of one of the wolves early on it will be powerful enough to subdue it, but it will be attacked by the other 2 wolves from behind and have to turn to defend itself.  The wolves will eventually wear the gorilla down and finish it if they're determined to do so.  Wolves are well-practiced at teaming up against animals larger than a gorilla (and some of these have horns & hooves).  I would favor a gorilla against 2 wolves, but 3 is too many.

gorilla vs smilodon populator: The Smilodon populator is the largest of the saber-toothed cats, and it will be over 50% heavier than the gorilla.  The Smilodon was powerfully built (almost bear-like in comparison with a typical big cat), and was practiced at tackling large, dangerous prey.  It long, sharp upper canines (just under a foot long) could be driven effectively into the soft area of an opponent's neck to dispatch it quickly.  The gorilla would be completely overwhelmed here.  Even the Gigantopithecus blacki (well over twice the weight of a modern gorilla) would be outmatched by the Smilodon populator.

american grizzly bear vs smilodon: This would be a close fight.  The grizzly bear will be a little heavier than the cat, but the Smilodon had a strong, stocky build that would be closer to matching the bear in strength than today's big cats.  The bear's claws will be an effective asset, but this will turn into a grappling match.  The because the Smilodon is used to using its long sabers to finish large, strong opponents, it will have the slight advantage if the weights aren't too far apart.

Best regards.

Interspecies Conflict

BK