Interspecies Conflict/matching up

Question
Can you rate the following animal's maneuverability in water from 1-100 approximately?
Grizzly bear
polar bear
tiger
otter
sea lion
leopard seal
dolphin
killer whale
crocodile
anaconda
Can you rate the following animal's agility?
Mandrill
olive baboon
jaguar
zebra
I heard in a documentary that despite looking narrow. the sperm whales jaws can bite in half a wooden row boat. Is this true, and if so can leviayatn do it?
can a swordfish stab through a crocodile's armor?
do you think there is any animal that can beat megalodon?
great white shark
English Mastiff (raised as a war-dog meant to fight) vs gray wolf
leopard seal vs koolasuchus
velociraptor vs honey badger
mandrill vs chimp
hippo vs titanoboa

Answer
Hello Johnny.

Maneuverability in water rating (1-100) approximate
grizzly bear - 40
polar bear - 55
tiger - 40
otter - 100
sea lion - 90
leopard seal - 95
dolphin - 85
killer whale - 80
crocodile - 60
anaconda - 60

Rating of agility (1-100) approximate
mandrill - 80
olive baboon - 80
jaguar - 95
zebra - 50

Q: I heard in a documentary that despite looking narrow, the sperm whale's jaws can bite in half a wooden row boat.  Is this true, and if so can livyatan do it?
A: It would take a very sturdy wooden rowboat to hold up to the bite of a 60-ton animal.  I imagine a sperm whale would have no problem crushing a wooden rowboat in its jaws, and the similar-sized Livyatan melvillei would probably have no trouble doing it either.

Q: Can a swordfish stab through a crocodile's armor?
A: Yes, but it wouldn't happen every time.  If the force applied by the swordfish is great, it can drive its bill into the back of a crocodile.  The angle of the stab attempt will be important, as well as the point of contact (if the area where the point connects is on a bump or in between 2 bumps).  I would guess that most attempts would fail, but the right angle & the right amount of force will be enough to drive the sharp bill through the armor.

Q: Do you think there is any animal that can beat Megalodon?
A: Nothing in today's ocean would stand a chance, but there are some prehistoric creatures that may have given the giant 50-ton shark a run for its money.  It's debatable how large pliosaurs got, but any of them exceeding 40 tons (Liopleurodon, Pliosaurus macromerus, & Pliosaurus funkei are possibilities) would have had a decent chance.  Livyatan melvillei may have rivaled Megalodon in size, and would have been competition for it.  Using the most reliable top-end estimates for all creatures (modern & prehistoric), I would probably place Megalodon at the top of the heap in regards to one-on-one supremacy.

English mastiff (raised as a war-dog meant to fight) vs gray wolf: An English mastiff is a huge dog, and can weigh almost double a wolf's weight.  However, an English mastiff is typically calm & doesn't usually exhibit a high level of activity.  It's not the best choice to be raised as a "war dog" despite its large size.  A gray wolf is accustomed to interaction with dangerous animals, and will have greater endurance & agility than an English mastiff.  A trained English mastiff would certainly be able to drive a gray wolf away in a typical encounter, but it would have problems in a down & dirty battle with a wild gray wolf.  The English mastiff's huge size & strength will enable it to control the fight initially on occasion, but the wolf will use its superior agility, stamina, and experience to wear the larger canid down.  Its hard to pick against a huge English mastiff trained to do battle, but the gray wolf has too many attributes for it to not be favored.  Gray wolf wins.

leopard seal vs koolasuchus: These animals will be close in weight.  The alligator-sized Koolasuchus had a big head & a big bite, but being a prehistoric amphibian, wasn't as formidable or durable as an alligator.  The leopard seal would have a mobility advantage, and would be able to land multiple bites to wear down the Koolasuchus.  Leopard seal wins.

velociraptor vs honey badger: The Velociraptor will be slightly heavier than the honey badger.  Velociraptors had decent jaws, claws on its forelimbs to aid in grabbing & holding, and dangerous, curved claws to kick & slash with.  Honey badgers have thick, loose skin that offers good protection from attack, and are armed with strong legs (with sharp claws) & a powerful bite.  Honey badgers are fearless & aggressive, and can drive away much larger animals, but they aren't practiced finishers (of similar-sized animals) on the same level of, let's say, a big cat.  The honey badger will need to avoid a claw vs claw/bite vs bite affair unless it can attach itself to the Velociraptor with its strong claws (to better avoid the dinosaur's kicks) and deliver strong bites while relying on its tough hide to protect it.  The honey badger will employ this tactic against smaller reptiles, but it might not have the know-how to stay out of the range of the larger Velociraptor's kicks at the onset of the battle.  The honey badger can win if it drags the Velociraptor to the ground, but the diversified offense of the theropod will present problems for the mustelid.  It's a very close fight at equal weights, but the Velociraptor has a small weight advantage here.  Slight edge to Velociraptor.

mandrill vs chimp: The chimpanzee will weigh 30% more than the mandrill.  These animals have similar mobility, and both can use their hands to grab/manipulate.  The chimpanzee is stronger, but the mandrill has a more dangerous bite.  Chimpanzees aren't used to taking on similar-sized animals solo, and have poor "finishing" ability.  Mandrills have sharp upper canines that can cause grievous injuries to the chimp.  Close fight, but edge to mandrill.

hippo vs titanoboa: The hippo will weigh over twice as much as Titanoboa.  Today's green anacondas have the capability of suffocating animals as large as a horse (which can double the snake's weight), but Titanoboa will have difficulty with the rotund build of the hippo.  The hippos' ability to cause serious damage to Titanoboa with its huge bite (long, sharp lower canines) is a big asset for the mammal.  The hippo should prevail comfortably on land.  In water Titanoboa will have a significant uptick in mobility, and will have a chance to wrap itself around the hippo before a counter-attack occurs.  However, the hippo will still be too large for Titanoboa to easily constrict (unless a coil wraps around the hippo's neck).  If Titanoboa can wrap up the hippo enough to impede its escape from the water, it can eventually drown the mammal, but any time during the fight that the snake is in close proximity will put it at risk of getting chomped.  Overall edge to hippo.

Best regards.

Interspecies Conflict

BK