Interspecies Conflict/strongest animals

Question
Thank you for the excellent previous answers. According to them, I know that the Songhua river mammoth and eotriceratops were strongest land animals of all time. Stronger were just some sauropods.

1) 15t eotriceratops s 2x 7t acrocanthosaurus
2) 18t songhua river mammoth vs 2x 7t acrocanthosaurus
3) 50t brachiosaurus vs 2x 5t megatherium
4) 10t giganotosaurus vs 3x human (armed with 9mm personal pistol)
5) 100t argentinosaurus vs 6x human (armed with 9mm personal pistol)

Answer
Hello David.

1) 15t Eotriceratops vs 2x 7t Acrocanthosaurus: Eotriceratops was a well-armed dinosaur with long brow horns and a neck frill that likely provided decent protection for the anterior portion of its body.  Acrocantosaurus was a predatory dinosaur with huge jaws and sharp teeth, and it primarily preyed on large sauropods.  In this battle, the Triceratops will have a good chance to injure the attacking theropods with its charges, and its greater power will make it difficult for the carnivores to stand up to this.  If the Acrocanthosaurus tandem works well as a team, they will have a small chance to succeed with some well-placed bites, but the ceratopsain will be too large to overpower on most occasions.  Edge to Eotriceratops.

2) 18t Songhua river mammoth vs 2x 7t Acrocanthosaurus: The Songhua mammoth will have two long, curved tusks in its arsenal, and a tremendous amount of power in its charges.  Its tusks will be better suited to use as a battering ram than a stabbing apparatus, but they will still be effective in applying force to the bodies of the attacking Acrocanthosauruses.  However, the mammoth won't be practiced at dealing with theropods like a ceratopsian will, and may have problems applying an effective offense if it panics.  The Acrocanthosauruses, if they work well as a team, can succeed with the right strategy (perhaps one in front to distract while one in back bites).  There are several modern examples of 2 smaller predators overcoming a single prey item with a good weight advantage (2 lionesses against a buffalo/zebra, 2 wolves against a cervid/bovid, etc.), but it is key for the attackers to be able to remain in a relatively safe position while they apply their killing method (which often requires agility, great lateral quickness, or solid leaping ability).  The Acrocanthosauruses won't be able to do this consistently.  The theropods are giving up a lot of size & weight here, and if the mammoth decides to battle strongly instead of fleeing, it will have a decent chance of repelling the duo.  If the mammoth attempts to flee, its chances will diminish.  The mammoth won't do as well against these opponents as the Eotriceratops will, but it should survive the encounter more times than not.  The mammoth is probably more formidable (pound-for-pound) than the sauropods Acrocanthosaurus typically encounter.  A lot of this depends on how the mammoth will react and how well the theropods work together.  Overall edge to Songhua river mammoth.

3) 50t Brachiosaurus vs 2x 5t Megatherium: The Megatheriums are well-armed (long, clawed forelimbs) and generally well-protected (small pieces of bone that form an armor under the hide).  Each Megatherium will be able to stand over 6m tall, but that will only be about 1/2 as tall as Brachiosaurus.  Brachiosaurus can use its tail to repel an approaching Megatherium, and has the weight to crush one underfoot.  The Megatheriums won't be quick enough to get out of the giant sauropod's way if it chooses to throw its weight around, and the offense of the mammals won't be great enough to make much of a dent.  Brachiosaurus wins.

4) 10t Giganotosaurus vs 3x human (armed with 9mm personal pistol): This will depend a great deal on the skill of the humans and the amount of ammunition at their disposal.  Because the Giganotosaurus will have a decent amount of mobility & speed, getting close to it will be very hazardous to the humans.  If the humans begin to fire upon the theropod at relatively close range, it will have time to close the distance between each of the humans and seize them in its jaws.  It will likely take a lot of bullets to slow Giganotosaurus down, but shot placement (as well as ammo type) will be factors to consider.  If the humans are moderately skilled individuals without any more ammunition than their weapons hold, they will probably be in trouble.  Too many variables are involved to give a concrete answer here.

5) 100t Argentinosaurus vs 6x human (armed with 9mm personal pistol): As before, there will be factors to consider (skill of humans, amount of ammo, type of ammo, etc.), but the outcome with a slower-moving Argentinosaurus will be more predictable.  The humans should be able to maintain a safe distance without getting too far away to have decent shot placement (hitting a vulnerable area), but a great deal of bullets will likely be required.  The humans can mount an offense while remaining safe from the dinosaur's offense (tail, weight), and success will depend on whether or not the first volley of bullets hits a vulnerable spot.  If the Argentinosaurus remains unharmed and the humans run out of ammo, a stalemate will result.  If the humans have enough ammo and an adequate amount of skill, they will eventually win.  Overall edge to the humans.

Best regards.

Interspecies Conflict

BK