Interspecies Conflict/More fights and things

In general which is more agile? Dromaeosaurids like deinonychus or Felids? and why?
Scottish Wildcat vs Lappet-faced Vulture
Arsinoitherium spp. vs. Albertaceratops nesmoi
Harpy Eagle v Velociraptor mongoliensis
African wild dog vs grey wolf at parity
Clouded Leopard vs African Wild Dog at parity
Clouded leopard vs coyote
Grey Wolf v Hyaenodon horridus
Spotted Hyena v Megalictis ferox
Megalictis ferox v sun bear
golden jackal vs fossa
fossa vs bobcat at parity
Microraptor vs Pulmonoscorpius kirktonensi or Brontoscorpio anglicu

Hello Johnny.

Q: In general which is more agile? Dromaeosaurids like deinonychus or Felids? and why?
A: I would give the edge to the felids. Felids have athletic, supple bodies that enable them to make quick, agile motions explosively.  The flexible spines of the felids give them a great range of motion.  Dromaeosaurids are agile as well, but their spines are not as flexible as a cat's.  Their tails give them great balance, and they can make very quick turns (perhaps faster than a felid).  A smaller Dromaeosaurid like Velociraptor (15kg) would likely be more agile than a lion or a tiger (250kg) due to smaller size, but felids in general will have the edge.

Scottish Wildcat vs Lappet-faced Vulture: These animals can be similar in weight.  Lappet-faced vultures are bold & aggressive, and are a formidable presence at a carcass (other vultures wait for them to arrive at a fresh carcass because the lappet-faced vultures are much better at ripping through the hide).  Wildcats are quick & agile, and have sharp claws & teeth.  The paw usage of the Scottish wildcat enables it to control positioning & secure a good position for delivering a bite (or bites), and its back feet can kick rapidly at close quarters & cause tissue damage.  This particular fight is one of those in which what the combatants can do and what they actually will do might be 2 different things.  A Scottish wildcat has the physical ability & weaponry to tackle and overpower the vulture, but it may be intimidated by the confrontational bird in a realistic setting.  In a down & dirty battle between determined individuals I would favor the Scottish wildcat on most occasions.

Arsinoitherium spp. vs. Albertaceratops nesmoi: Albertaceratops was somewhat heavier than Arsinoitherium, but their sizes weren't too far off.  Albertaceratops had the frill & sharp brow horns typical of many ceratopsians, and Arsinoitherium had 2 huge cone-shaped horns that protruded from its head.  The horns of Arsinoitherium weren't suited for combat as well as the horns of Albertaceratops, but would have given the mammal a reach advantage.  Close at equal weights; but Albertoceratops wins with size advantage.

Harpy Eagle v Velociraptor mongoliensis: The harpy eagle weighs about 60% of the Velociraptor's weight.  The harpy eagle will need to attack from the air to have a chance.  If it can swoop down and grab the Velociraptor's head (or other vulnerable area) in its powerful talons, it can dispatch the theropod.  If this initial strike doesn't disable the Velociraptor, the harpy eagle won't have any reasonable means to defend itself against the dinosaur's counter-attack (decent bite, grabbing claws, kicking/slashing claws).  I like the harpy eagle's chances if it uses it's formidable air assault, but a close-quarters battle with an uninjured Velociraptor will go badly for the bird.  Depends on how you look at it.  

African wild dog vs Grey wolf (at parity): These 2 canids will have similar attributes (good lateral movement, strong bites, great endurance), and assuming these are prime individuals scaled to match one another, it will be a close fight.  The African wild dog might have a slight edge in lateral mobility, but the grey wolf will have a more muscular build.  Edge to grey wolf.

Clouded Leopard vs African Wild Dog (at parity): The clouded leopard will have advantages in quickness, agility, weaponry (jaws & claws), and the ability to finish with a well-placed bite with its long upper canines.  The African wild dog will have a big bite (not necessarily more effective, though) that can be employed quickly, and greater endurance.  The African wild dog, being a pack animal, won't have the same urgency to disengage if the fight gets down & dirty (as the solitary clouded leopard).  The paw usage of the felid will help it to control positioning (and avoid the canid's bite), and it should be able to sink its teeth in to gain the upper hand more times than not.  Clouded leopard wins.

Clouded leopard vs Coyote: These 2 animals can weigh close to the same, but the clouded leopard will typically have a small weight advantage.  This battle will be similar to the clouded leopard vs African wild dog (at parity) matchup in what the actions of the combatants will be, but the coyote isn't quite as formidable (pound-for-pound) as the wild dog.  The clouded leopard will have too many advantages at close weights.  Clouded leopard wins.

Grey Wolf v Hyaenodon horridus: The grey wolf weighs approximately 20% more than Hyaenodon horridus did.  Hyaenodon horridus was built like a hyena (but wasn't related to them), and had strong jaws capable of crushing bone & tearing flesh (slicing cheek teeth).  The grey wolf likely had greater lateral movement (longer legs), but not by much.  Probably close to a 50/50.

Spotted Hyena v Megalictis ferox: Not a lot is known about Megalictis, but it was a large mustelid that may have been wolverine-like.  Its weight was probably around 5/6th of a spotted hyena's weight.  Spotted hyenas have bone-crushing jaws, great endurance & durability, and are battle-tested.  Assuming Megalictis had similar attributes or a modern-day wolverine, it would have been strong, durable, supple, ferocious, & well armed (strong bite/sharp claws).  Probably a close fight, but I would give the edge to Megalictis ferox.

Megalictis ferox v Sun bear: Megalictis was probably about 90% of the sun bear's weight. Assuming Megalictis had similar attributes or a modern-day wolverine, it would have been strong, durable, supple, ferocious, & well armed (strong bite/sharp claws).  Sun bears have strong bites & sharp claws (4" long) as well, and have great endurance.  They also have loose skin that enables them to counter-attack easily if bitten.  Close fight, probably 50/50.

Golden jackal vs Fossa: These animals weigh about the same (the jackal may be slightly heavier).  Golden jackals have typical canid attributes (lateral mobility, good bite, endurance), and are omnivorous.  Fossas are the top predator in Madagascar, and usually hunt lemurs.  Fossas are muscular & powerful, and are great leapers & climbers.  These agile predators will stalk their prey, and pounce to overcome them with its strong bite.  The fossa will have too many advantages to lose to a similar-sized jackal.  Fossa wins.

Fossa vs Bobcat (at parity): Both of these animals are athletic, agile, & potentially ferocious.  The fossa probably has the bigger bite at equal weights, but its semi-retractable claws aren't as sharp as the bobcat's.  Fossas don't deal with other large predators in conflicts, but bobcats do on occasion (and are probably more practiced fighters).  Close fight; edge to bobcat.

Microraptor vs Pulmonoscorpius kirktonensi or Brontoscorpio anglicu: Not sure about this one, but the Microraptor might be in trouble if it doesn't have experience dealing with scorpions.  The offense of Microraptor might take some time to breach the exoskeleton of either scorpion, and it will have to be wary of the grabbing claws & toxic stinger of either arachnid.  If Microraptor developed a strategy through experience against these scorpions, it would have the tools (teeth & claws) to potentially succeed much like a southern grasshopper mouse overcomes scorpions on a regular basis.  Without knowing more, I would probably side with the scorpions overall.  

Best regards

Interspecies Conflict

Questions regarding animal conflicts within realistic or unrealistic settings are welcome; my strength lies in medium-to-large species. Small animals (including birds of prey), prehistoric animals, sea creatures, and domestic dog breeds are usually within my scope, but to a lesser degree. I can't confidently answer hypothetical questions about human vs animal, arachnids, insects, or amphibians, but I am willing to field them nonetheless.

From a young age, I have been interested in animals. Starting with the original Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom and World Book Encyclopedias, I have seen many animal shows and documentaries and have read multiple books on the subject. I have a solid understanding of the physiology of many animals and interspecies conflict in general.

Associate degree in unrelated field; biology classes in college.