Interspecies Conflict/close cat vs dog fights

Question
Hello again!
1.Please give answer in great detail about these cat vs dog fights.Assume all animals are locked in cage(so no one can escape) and all animals are average sized male(unless stated otherwise).
bob cat vs coyote
caracal vs Arabian wolf
bob cat vs trained border collie          
Cape leopard vs biggest species of gray wolf(I have forgotten his name but it is found in Yellowstone national park)
Pet pitbull vs caracal
Eurasian lynx vs Trained Beauceron
2.Well last time when I asked you some questions,their is a cougar vs clouded leopard at parity.You said cougar will win but I doubt.
I somewhere read that clouded leopards are pound for pound 3rd strongest cat in the world,is it true?Please explain the CL vs puma question.
3.What in your opinion top 10 strongest(in terms of fighting) animals pound for pound can be?
4.Now can you rank these animals in order strongest to weakest in terms of fighting AT PARITY.
african lion
sumatran tiger
african leopard
snow leopard
clouded leopard
ocelot
caracal
serval
bobcat
cougar
Eurasian lynx
fossa
wolverine
jungle cat
black footed cat
african golden cat
asian golden cat
Game bred pitbull
leopard cat
cheetah
bengal cat
tasmanian devil    
5.Lastly,how fare can these animals do in african savannah:
1.bengal tiger
2.gray wolf
3.american black bear

NOTE:I am not lover of caged fights of animals but I am just assuming such circumstances and sorry for my long questions.
Thanks

Answer
Hello Mukul.

#1
Animal fights (locked in cage to prevent escape)

bobcat vs coyote: The bobcat will weigh a little bit less than the coyote.  The coyote will have the advantage of a bigger bite & greater stamina, but the bobcat will exceed it in quickness, agility, athleticism, & weaponry (presence of sharp claws).  The coyote will likely rush right in and try to bite the bobcat, and be met with a face full of claws & fury.  The bobcat will likely roll on its back (a tactic most cats use) and use all four claws to rake away at the coyote.  The coyote's bite is its only weapon.  This is a decent fight, but the coyote will need at least a 50% weight advantage to be favored.  Bobcat wins.

caracal vs Arabian wolf: The Arabian wolf will weigh slightly more than the caracal.  The wolf will have a bigger bite & greater endurance, but the caracal will have advantages in speed, agility, athleticism, & limb usage (grabbing paws/slashing claws).  Caracals can kill larger prey items than itself, and even though the Arabian wolf is more formidable than most of them, the cat still has the tools to eventually dispatch the canid.  Once the cage battle ensues, the Arabian wolf will eventually try to avoid the caracal after realizing what the cat can do.  An uneasy stalemate may occur some of the time (when the wolf backs away & the caracal doesn't pursue), but a down & dirty battle between determined individuals will favor the felid.  Edge to caracal.

bobcat vs trained border collie: The bobcat will be about 2/3rd the weight of the dog.  Border collies are excellent herders with lots of energy, but they aren't built as well as some dogs when it comes to being suited for a physical confrontation.  Bobcats are fierce felines, and will use a rapid barrage of claw swipes (most likely from its back) to repel the dog.  The dog will have a bigger bite and endurance on its side, but even a trained one won't have the same boost in fighting skill as many other dogs that are used for that purpose (like a pit bull or an Akita).  A trained Border collie will be competitive, but it will likely try to avoid the bobcat once it begins to inflict slashing injuries upon it.  Close to 50/50.

cape leopard vs biggest species of gray wolf: The grey wolf rarely exceeds 59kg, and one this heavy will outweigh the cape leopard by almost 85%.  Grey wolves are better at fighting as a team than solo, but are still capable one-on-one combatants.  They have strong jaws & great stamina, and are capable of overpowering large cervids by themselves.  The cape leopard has the advantages of speed, agility, finishing ability, & weaponry (presence of claws), but will have a hard time dealing with the bite of the much larger wolf.  The wolf will certainly sustain injuries, but will have a slight edge in a fight to the finish.  Grey wolf wins.

pet pitbull vs caracal: The pet pit bull will weigh around 50% more than the caracal.  American pit bull terriers, when game-bred, are extremely good combatants for their weight range.  A regular pet pit bull will still have strength, a big bite, & good endurance, but won't have the same level of experience or tenacity when it comes to combat.  A caracal is well-armed (bite & sharp claws), quick, agile, & athletic, and is accustomed to dealing with other predatory animals in its habitat.  The pet pit bull has the physical tools to win, but won't likely have the moxie to hold its ground once the caracal begins slashing rapidly with its claws.  Some pet pit bulls, depending on how laid-back they are, will have a chance to win this encounter, but many will be driven away once the caracal offers its resistance.  Because the cage will prevent escape, the battle may turn into an uneasy stalemate once the dog realizes it wants no part of the cat's sharp claws (the caracal won't pursue it if it backs away).  The fact that the pit bull has better tools to actually end the fight gives it a boost, but the fact it may not employ this advantage gives the caracal a chance to eventually prevail if it induces enough blood loss.  Close to 50/50, but the larger pit bull has the edge.

Eurasian lynx vs trained Beauceron: Beaucerons are solid & muscular.  This dog will weigh around 30% more than the lynx in this scenario.  The Beauceron's bite will be hard for the lynx to deal with, and a trained one will have the determination to maintain an attack despite the felid's defense (bites & swiping/kicking claws).  A regular Beauceron will be slightly outmatched, but a trained one should prevail with its bigger bite & superior endurance.  Edge to trained Beauceron.

#2

cougar vs clouded leopard (at parity): The clouded leopard may be close in pound-for-pound strength to a cougar, but the cougar is capable of more impressive feats of power.  The clouded leopard is a superb climber, but can't match the leaping ability of the cougar.  Cougars can overpower prey items many times their own weight.  The clouded leopard has more formidable canines (per body size) than the cougar, but would not prevail in a "swipe war" because of its proportionally shorter limbs.  Definitely a close battle at parity, but I give the edge to the cougar.

#3
Top 10 strongest(in terms of fighting) animals (pound-for-pound):

1.  jaguar
2.  lion
3.  tiger
4.  leopard
5.  grizzly bear
6.  snow leopard
7.  American pit bull terrier (if game-bred)
8.  wolverine
9.  cougar
10. honey badger

* This list contains many interchangeable positions.  4-10 (especially 5-8) are practically even, and any of these would give the top 3 a great battle at parity.  I answered this question before in the past, and the order was slightly different (5 through 10 was shuffled a bit), but the adjustments made here make a better list overall.  Others high on the list include (but are not limited to) other types of bears, baboons, hyenas, clouded leopards, rhinos, wild boars, & Tasmanian devils.

#4
Ranking of animals in order (strongest to weakest) in terms of fighting (at parity):

1.  African lion
2.  Sumatran tiger
3.  African leopard
4.  snow leopard
5.  game-bred American pit bull terrier
6.  wolverine
7.  cougar
8.  clouded leopard
9.  Tasmanian devil
10. African golden cat
11. Asian golden cat
12. caracal
13. bobcat
14. ocelot
15. Eurasian lynx
16. jungle cat
17. fossa
18. black-footed cat
19. leopard cat
20. bengal cat
21. cheetah
22. serval

* Many of these are interchangeable.  10-16 are practically even, and 21 & 22, 18-20, & 3-7 are almost too close too call.  The primary things to be considered for each animal's ranking are (but are not limited to) increased speed & mobility with a scale-up, fighting style & aggressiveness, frequency of conflict & formidability of opponents, size of prey items in comparison to the predator's size, and physiology/weaponry.  I also made the assumption that each animal's ability is based on it being willing to engage & remain determined to win (which is why, for example, I placed the caracal above the bobcat).  It's difficult to accurately pin this list down with so many factors to consider, but this list should be relatively close.  

#5
How will these animals fare in the African savannah?

Bengal tiger: The Bengal tiger is a fantastic hunter, and would be able to overpower/capture a large variety of prey items (warthogs, baboons, chimpanzees, zebra, wildebeest, eland, Cape buffalo, etc.) and take over kills from less formidable predators.  The striped coat of the tiger would make this cat more visible to prey items than the tawny-coated lion, so it would need to use cover on occasion for a successful ambush.  In regards to other predators, only lion prides & large hyena clans would present problems for the tiger on land.  A Nile crocodile would be a dangerous foe in water, but the Bengal tiger is an experienced killer of crocodilians.  A Bengal tiger would fare better in an area better forested than a savannah, but could still adapt well enough to survive.

Gray wolf: Grey wolves are hardy predators, but would have some difficulty adjusting to the heat of the African savanna.  Grey wolves have lived in warmer areas in the past & could certainly make the transition, but colder areas are better suited for this animal.  Grey wolves work well as a group, and could predate upon many of the terrestrial herbivores in Africa (warthogs, wildebeests, zebra, antelopes, buffalo, etc.).  Conflicts would arise if paths crossed with hyenas, African wild dogs, & lions (and the results of these conflicts would depend on the number of animals in each group).  Solo wolves would have trouble with leopards & baboons on occasion.  The temperature would be the main roadblock, but grey wolves would do well overall.

American black bear: The American black bear would not fare well in the African savannah due to the heat.  Black bears love to climb trees, and there wouldn't be as many of them on the savannah as in their current North American habitat.  Ambushing prey would be difficult at times, and vegetation & fruit would be less plentiful.  Lion prides & hyena clans would be trouble for the black bear if it sought out carrion or ventured too far from the trees.  The American black bear would probably do OK in a cooler, more forested area in African, but not on the savannah.

Best regards.  

Interspecies Conflict

BK