Interspecies Conflict/Welcome back, Jim!

Hi Jim, it's good to see you back after these couple years. How are you doing? How is the world of MMA?

1--Brock Lesnar and Fallon Fox working together(at prime) vs. Travis
2--Travis vs. male cougar at exact parity (90kg each)
3--Travis vs. cougaress (55 kg)
4--Brown hyena vs. spotted at exact parity
5--Fisher vs. brown hyena at parity

Thank you,

Hey Martin. Thanks, good to be back, even if only temporarily. Oh you know, not so good haha. Really haven't had time for any real training lately, but I get to the gym whenever I can.

1. Haha tough one to kick us off. Lesnar is an exceptionally strong human being and he has some good help in the form of Fox. But let's just recap what Travis went through before dying. He took at least a couple of hits from a shovel, a stabbing from a butcher's knife and multiple bullets, which he initially walked away from. So the problem the humans face is- how do we put him down? It's something no one can really conclusively say, as there is nothing to go off. Wolves and lions obviously never face off, but we can use lion conflict with hyenas to deduce due to the two species similar physical attributes. Humans versus apes is really a complete unknown and the more I think about it the more confused I become.

2. Cougar easily. Unlike the above, I can see exactly how the cougar wins. It is loaded with weapons and designed to kill. Travis will walk through any scratches sure, but a bite to the neck he will not.

3. Closer but sticking with the born killer here. She will be far too nimble and athletic for Travis and eventually she will get in a killing blow.

4. Would be a good match up but the spotted should be favoured. It's a more heavily built animal and with similar weaponry and durability it's power should be the difference.

5. Almost impossible to tell. As with other big scale ups/downs I've encountered on here, they only make sense in fantasy. I scaled up fisher is not a fisher and a scaled down brown hyena is not a brown hyena. But let's say it was possible and a fisher could be scaled up and not lose any of the positive attributes it holds at its normal size. I'll go with the fisher. Just overall physically, I don't think the hyena could keep up. Fishers are so quick and flexible, but with enough strength to control other animals and weapons to kill. But yeah, hard to say.

Hope that helps mate. Look forward to hearing from you again.

Interspecies Conflict

Jim Wilson

I can answer most questions relating to real or hypothetical situations. I have a better understanding of animal behavior and specifically predatory behavior and interspecies predatory relationships. Mammals is my field of expertise but I can do my best in answering questions regarding other animals. Small mammals are my favourite matchups. One or two prehistoric match-ups is OK, but please do not focus on them as they are outside my expertise.

Even before completing my degree I considered myself an expert in mammal behavior. Doing my degree only furthered my interest and knowledge in the subject. After uni I got the opportunity to spend 6 months in South Africa and Kenya where I spent nearly every day basically observing and studying the animals of the savanna.

BSc Degree in Zoology from the Melbourne University, Australia.