Interspecies Conflict/bull vs bear

Question
hello,
1.Assume each animal is average sized male and no ambush.
(a)polar bear vs spanish fighting bull
(b)liger vs siberian tiger
(c)similodon populator vs spanish fighting bull
(d)chimpanzee vs african rock python
(e)anaconda vs cougar(on land)
(f)liger vs grizzly bear
(g)kodiak bear vs polar bear
(h)warthog vs giant panda
(i)south american tapir vs jaguar
(j)gaur vs giraffe
2.It seems to me that giant anteaters are getting overestimated.I recently visited a forum 'carnivora' where people discuss various fights between animals.One of the fight of this forum is giant anteater vs striped hyena.I saw most of the people favored giant anteater over the hyena.I personally think the striped hyena will win because it can just grab the anteater with its strong jaws and kill it.I appreciate the long claws of giant anteater but in my opinion the giant anteater's claws are made for digging purpose.It also doesn't has grappling ability like cats and is neither agile too.It can neither bite or has killing experience.Its paw swipes also doesn't seem to be powerful and fast by seeing the video 'jaguar vs giant anteater'.Hyena is also much more muscular and durable.So who will you favour here and why?
3.Can you rank the top 10 pound for pound strongest bears in terms of defeating each other in a fight.
4.All animals are equal sized males with no ambush.
(a)jaguar vs similodon populator
(b)canadian lynx vs grey wolf
(c)cougar vs snow leopard
(d)clouded leopard/cougar/snow leopard vs sun bear
(e)polar bear vs sun bear
(f)clouded leopard vs liger
(g)polar bear vs black rhino
(h)white rhino vs great one horned rhino
(i)black rhino vs white rhino
thanks

Answer
Hell Mukul.

1. Average-sized fights

(a) polar bear vs spanish fighting bull: The Spanish fighting bull will be a bit heavier on average than the polar bear.  Polar bears aren't accustomed to tackling large, mobile adversaries larger than a muskox, but possess incredible strength in their bodies.  Fighting bulls are muscular & powerful as well, and can make violent, forceful thrusts with their forward-pointing horns.  The bear won't have the mobility to avoid the bull's attack, and any attempt to hinder the bull's offense with its forepaws will be challenging at best.  I give the polar bear the edge at parity, but it won't have great success against a bovid with a decent weight advantage.  Edge to Spanish fighting bull.

(b) liger vs siberian tiger: A liger can weigh close to 50% more than a Siberian tiger.  Ligers don't have hunting/fighting instincts or experience, and aren't combative.  A Siberian tiger is a practiced hunter of large animals (primarily cervids & suids), and occasionally battle brown bears.  The liger may look like it will dominate this battle, but it won't.  The Siberian tiger will probably drive the liger away without much of a fuss.  Siberian tiger wins.

(c) similodon populator vs spanish fighting bull: Smilodon populators had powerful stocky bodies (almost bear-like), and hunted large game.  They likely used their muscular forelimbs to wrestle prey items into a vulnerable position and dispatched them with a bite to the throat (or other soft area) with its long upper canines.  Spanish fighting bulls are mighty & aggressive, and can impale adversaries with their forward-pointing horns.  The Smilodon will need to use its agility (not as good as a modern big cat's) to avoid the bull's horns, and attempt to leap upon the bovid to secure a biting position.  This won't be easy, but Smilodons supposedly hunted animals larger than Spanish fighting bulls.  An ambush will likely go the Smilodon's way, but a face-to-face will probably be close to a 50/50 affair.

(d) chimpanzee vs african rock python: The weights of these 2 animals can be similar, but the African rock python can actually outweigh the chimpanzee.  Apes have a natural fear of snakes, so a chimpanzee will likely flee from a rock python.  If the python threatens the young members of the troop, the chimpanzee might try to employ an aggressive display & throw things at it, but the chances of the ape actually engaging the snake are small.  The African rock python is bold & aggressive, and will likely move toward the chimp in hopes of getting into striking range.  If a chimp chooses to fight the python, it will try to bite it wherever it can.  The chimp will not have the know-how (or calmness) to properly dispatch the python, but it might know how to use its hands to free itself if the snake's jaws latch on.  The python will try to strike & bite the ape, and pull it coils around its body to squeeze it to death (suffocation).  The chimpanzee can win a fight if it happens to bite the snake's skull, but its lack of experience in killing snakes will make this a chance occurrence.  The African rock python will have a better idea of how to finish the chimp than the other way around.  Edge to rock python.

(e) anaconda vs cougar(on land): The anaconda will weigh approximately twice as much as the cougar.  Anacondas are poor fighters on land (lack of decent endurance & mobility).  The puma has the agility to avoid the anaconda's attacks, and the weaponry to eventually overcome the boa.  The anaconda isn't without hope, but these snakes won't do well against a large, mobile opponent without the benefit of ambush.  Edge to puma.

(f) liger vs grizzly bear: The weights of grizzly bears vary from region to region, but most will be close to the weight range of an average liger.  Ligers look impressive, but aren't nearly as formidable (pound-for-pound) as a typical big cat.  Grizzly bears are strong, aggressive, and have tremendous endurance.  A grizzly bear will likely send the liger packing in a confrontation.  Edge to grizzly bear.

(g) kodiak bear vs polar bear: These bears will be close in weight.  The polar bear is very strong from nose-to-tail (can pull large aquatic animals from the water, bust holes through thick ice, often tussles with large walruses), but isn't as confrontational as most brown bears.  The Kodiak bear has a more muscular shoulder area (and likely has a stronger paw swipe) and longer claws.  Close fight; edge to Kodiak bear.

(h) warthog vs giant panda: These animals will be close in weight on average (about 100kg).  Pandas are strong & well-armed (jaws & claws), but are typically peaceful.  They don't have experience dealing with suids, and although they have the tools to defeat a similar-sized one, they likely won't have the know-how.  Warthogs have long tusks, and are battle-tested (deal with lions, hyenas, leopards, etc.).  A warthog will have better lateral quickness than the panda, and as a result will have an edge in overall defensive & offensive capabilities.  I don't see a kill occurring, but the panda will probably back down before the warthog will.  Close fight.

(i) south american tapir vs jaguar: The South American tapir can weigh over twice as much as a jaguar.  Tapirs generally flee from danger, but can deliver a nasty bite when defending themselves.  Jaguars predate upon South American tapirs, and have the tools to be successful at it.  Jaguars have stocky, powerful bodies (are among the strongest cats pound-for-pound) and tremendous bite forces (can crunch through turtle shells, caiman armor, & skulls).  A large tapir can repel a jaguar face-to-face, but won't be favored against one determined to kill it.  Edge to jaguar.

(j) gaur vs giraffe: These animals can weigh close to the same.  Giraffes can deliver powerful kicks (especially with their back legs) to defend themselves, but are typically peaceful.  Gaurs are powerful, muscular bovids with large curved horns.  The gaur will be able to employ its offense more readily than the giraffe, and will demonstrate enough aggression to drive the giraffe away.  Gaur wins.

2. giant anteater vs striped hyena: Giant anteaters typically weigh slightly more than a striped hyena, but a large one can weigh around 30% heavier.  The giant anteater has dangerous claws (10cm long), and while they are primarily used for digging, they serve as weapons as well.  Cougars & jaguars have been injured by these claws, and these cats have quicker reflexes than a striped hyena.  Striped hyenas have big bites and are durable, but not to the same degree as a spotted hyena.  The giant anteater will likely repel the striped hyena in a realistic encounter, and will be able to use its claws to great effect even if the hyena seizes it.  Basically it's bite vs claws, and a fight between similar-sized animals will be close.  Because the giant anteater will be heavier on average, I give it the edge overall.  At parity the striped hyena will probably have a slight edge.   

3. Ranking of bears (approximate)

1. grizzly bear
2. Kamchatka brown bear/Siberian brown bear/Ussuri brown bear/etc.
3. Kodiak bear
4. polar bear
5. American black bear
6. sloth bear
7. sun bear
8. Asiatic black bear
9. spectacled bear
10. panda bear

* the top 4 are close, 5-8 are decently close, and 9 & 10 are close *

4. equal-sized fights (males; no ambush)

(a) jaguar vs similodon populator: Both of these cats have powerful, stocky bodies and unique killing methods (jaguar typically bites skull or spine; Smilodon uses sabers to impale soft tissue).  Positioning will be important once these 2 engage, and the stronger build of the Smilodon will give it the edge here.  Can go either way, but the Smilodon is slightly favored.

(b) canadian lynx vs grey wolf: The Canadian lynx will bring agility, 4 sets of sharp claws, & quickness to the table, and the grey wolf will bring endurance and a big bite.  A grey wolf is more comfortable operating in a pack, but does hunt solo on occasion.  The lynx will likely give the wolf a shredding with its sharp claws and send it packing, but a determined wolf will have a chance to succeed if it attacks without regard to its own safety (which isn't a wolf trait).  Reasonably close battle; edge to Canadian lynx.

(c) cougar vs snow leopard: Cougars are extremely athletic cats with long legs and great leaping ability.  They are great hunters (masters of stealth), and can overpower large cervids by tackling them to the ground and finishing with a bite to the throat, snout, or back of the skull.  Snow leopards are capable hunters as well, and can overpower herbivores much larger than themselves.  Both cats have strong jaws, sharp teeth & claws, quickness & agility, and finishing know-how.  A cougar will win at average weights, but a parity fight is close to 50/50.

(d) clouded leopard vs sun bear: Clouded leopards have long upper canines (to dispatch prey items) and amazing agility.  Sun bears have long claws, strong bites, and loose skin that enables them to counter-attack easily when grabbed.  A clouded leopard will have some advantages here (agility, quickness, killing know-how), but will have some disadvantages (less strength, less stamina).  The cat will find it hard to get into a good position to land its bite (due to the bear's clawing & biting), but will have success on occasion.  Close to 50/50 (very interesting parity matchup!).

cougar vs sun bear: The cougar will have the edge in agility, quickness, and killing know-how (finishing bite), but the bear will have greater strength & endurance.  Cougars can overpower prey items much larger than themselves, but a sun bear will provide a different type of challenge.  The bear's sharp claws can cause a lot of damage, and it can bite as well.  Its loose skin enables it to easily turn and counter-attack when it is grabbed.  Cougars can be confrontational, and will sometimes stand up to brown & black bears.  Slight edge to cougar.

snow leopard vs sun bear: The sun bear is not as powerful pound-for-pound as a brown bear or even a black bear, but it brings a lot to the table.  It has loose skin, can easily turn to bite an attacker, and has long, sharp claws that can do a lot of damage.  The snow leopard is also not as formidable pound-for-pound as the larger big cats, but it can tackle prey over 3 times its weight.  In a normal encounter, the sun bear will drive the snow leopard away, but in a fight to the finish I favor the more-predatory snow leopard.  Close fight, though.

(e) polar bear vs sun bear: Both of these bears have the typical ursid attributes (strength, durability, endurance, jaws & claws), but the polar bear is more solidly & powerfully built.  The polar bear also predates upon large prey items.  Polar bear wins.

(f) clouded leopard vs liger: Hard to say with such an extreme scaling, but ligers aren't experienced at fighting and aren't aggressive.  Clouded leopards are extremely agile, and have long upper canines to dispatch prey items with.  A liger willing to mix it up may have a decent chance here, but it likely won't be willing to fight at all.  I'd probably give the edge to the clouded leopard.

(g) polar bear vs black rhino: Polar bears aren't used to tackling mobile animals larger than a musk ox, and a black rhinoceros of equal weight will have too many advantages.  The rhino's tank-like build will make it hard for the bear to get a good hold of it with its paws, and the dangerous frontal horn will be a colossal obstacle.  The bear won't have the lateral movement sufficient enough to avoid the horn, and its paw swipes won't have enough of an impact to match the rhino's offense.  Black rhinoceros wins.

(h) white rhino vs great one-horned rhino: The white rhino has a longer, sharper horn than the greater-horned rhino (over twice as long).  The greater-horned rhino (Indian rhino) will sometime bite in conflicts, but this is not enough to swing things in its favor.  The white rhinoceros is physically a notch above it.  Edge to white rhinoceros.

(i) black rhino vs white rhino: These are the 2 most formidable rhinoceroses pound-for-pound, but the black rhino's level of aggression is higher.  It's close, and they have relatively similar builds, but the black rhino has the slight edge.

Best regards.

Interspecies Conflict

BK