Interspecies Conflict/Animal faceoff

Khan wrote at 2014-08-29 18:12:08
Hippo vs walrus: Underwater, walrus are fast enough to beat hippo. they're fast underwater.

Hyena vs wolf: I wonder what made Jim change his mind! but at parity, a hyena would kill a wolf for sure. sure the wolf is agile but hyena's durability won't allow it to kill. but the hyena can damage every part of the wolf's body with it's huge bite. the wolf might dodge a lot of them but for how long?! even a lion being larger and having grappling ability needs a long time to kill a hyena. and a wolf not having that abilty, how can it even stand a chance?!

Interspecies Conflict

Jim Wilson

I can answer most questions relating to real or hypothetical situations. I have a better understanding of animal behavior and specifically predatory behavior and interspecies predatory relationships. Mammals is my field of expertise but I can do my best in answering questions regarding other animals. Small mammals are my favourite matchups. One or two prehistoric match-ups is OK, but please do not focus on them as they are outside my expertise.

Even before completing my degree I considered myself an expert in mammal behavior. Doing my degree only furthered my interest and knowledge in the subject. After uni I got the opportunity to spend 6 months in South Africa and Kenya where I spent nearly every day basically observing and studying the animals of the savanna.

BSc Degree in Zoology from the Melbourne University, Australia.