Interspecies Conflict/None

Khan wrote at 2014-08-20 07:03:04
There's no doubt that you are the best expert here Jim. but no offense please, you constantly underestimate wolverines and caracals. Clouded leopards are pound for pound the strongest cat of all, but incase you don't know, wolverine's are the strongest mammal for it's size. a study suggests, pound for pound they're even stronger than the grizzly bears!

And about caracals, they are well capable of beating any other feline of their size. They are the most aggressive of the small cats. If you have seen the videos of a caracal beating a pear of jackals or the one in which a lone caracal winning a kill from an adult hyena, you would know what I'm talking about. I'm actually shocked that you said that a Euro lynx would beat one at parity!

Caracal would beat a bobcat at same weight too..

Interspecies Conflict

Jim Wilson

I can answer most questions relating to real or hypothetical situations. I have a better understanding of animal behavior and specifically predatory behavior and interspecies predatory relationships. Mammals is my field of expertise but I can do my best in answering questions regarding other animals. Small mammals are my favourite matchups. One or two prehistoric match-ups is OK, but please do not focus on them as they are outside my expertise.

Even before completing my degree I considered myself an expert in mammal behavior. Doing my degree only furthered my interest and knowledge in the subject. After uni I got the opportunity to spend 6 months in South Africa and Kenya where I spent nearly every day basically observing and studying the animals of the savanna.

BSc Degree in Zoology from the Melbourne University, Australia.