Interspecies Conflict/kangaroo

Question
Hello, Jim.  Welcome back!

There is a video on YouTube that shows a kangaroo kicking a man into a lake.  Are kangaroos mean, or just mischievous?

Thanks, Brad

Answer
Thank you very much Brad!

That would depend on who you ask and what kind of experiences they have had with kangaroos! Also depends on the species. Grey roos are generally quite placid and barely give humans a second glance. During mating season it can be different, and you don't really want to get very close to either the males or females with joeys. Male Red Kangaroos tend to be a bit more aggressive by nature, but even then, they usually are not a problem.

So basically they are normally very placid and nice animals, but catch them in the wrong moment and they can be downright mean!

Cheers Brad

Interspecies Conflict

Jim Wilson