Interspecies Conflict/varied

hey jim how are you?300 lb sloth bear vs 25ft reticulated python on land and in shallow water.450lb black bear vs 25ft green anaconda on land and in shallow water. giant anteater vs large male leopard.thanks for your time jim:)

I'm good Christian, how are you?

Bears vs Pythons - I'll just pool all these together. Basically on land, if the bear can kill the python in a relatively short amount of time it wins. If it struggles to kill the python in say a few minutes, it will eventually be constricted. A python this size won't be quick. A big bear such as these should have the physical attributes to win. In water I don't like the bears' chances. The snake will be much quicker, drastically reducing the time the bear has to kill it. And then obviously the bear is slower in water.

Giant Anteater vs Leopard - You don't even need a large leopard here. Anteater's have received a lot of hype the last couple of years! They are capable of dishing out some real damage, but against an experienced leopard the anteater is simply prey.

Hope that helps mate.

Interspecies Conflict

Jim Wilson

I can answer most questions relating to real or hypothetical situations. I have a better understanding of animal behavior and specifically predatory behavior and interspecies predatory relationships. Mammals is my field of expertise but I can do my best in answering questions regarding other animals. Small mammals are my favourite matchups. One or two prehistoric match-ups is OK, but please do not focus on them as they are outside my expertise.

Even before completing my degree I considered myself an expert in mammal behavior. Doing my degree only furthered my interest and knowledge in the subject. After uni I got the opportunity to spend 6 months in South Africa and Kenya where I spent nearly every day basically observing and studying the animals of the savanna.

BSc Degree in Zoology from the Melbourne University, Australia.